Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > TEEN-AGED MUTILATED NINCOMPOOP TURD-PILES...the REBOOT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...
    Posted: August 08 2014 at 11:00am

OFFICIAL MEMBER DISCUSSION... 

SEE POST IMMEDIATELY BELOW for a VOTING RAZZIE® MEMBER's TAKE on THIS FILM, and THEN...   

LET the DISCUSSION BEGIN...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 11:52am
Whatever you're busy with (early August seems like a random time to be that busy), I hope my write-up will be at least as good.

SOME PEOPLE WOULD ARGUE THAT MICHAEL BAY HAS A SECRET MISSION STATEMENT TO TEAR THROUGH AS MANY PEOPLE’S CHILDHOODS AS HE CAN BEFORE HOLLYWOOD PUTS THE KIBOSH ON HIM. WE ALL KNOW WHAT HE DID WITH THE TRANSFORMERS FILM SERIES, BUT EVEN THOUGH AGE OF EXTINCTION IS STATISTICALLY THE WORST OF THOSE, HE’S NOT DONE RAMPAGING THROUGH OUR… UM, SACRED… FRANCHISES YET!

REMEMBER WHEN HE PRODUCED THAT
REMAKE OF A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET BACK IN THE SPRING OF ‘010? THAT FILM SHOULD’VE BEEN NOMINATED FOR THE RAZZIES, AND EVEN THOUGH IT GOT OVERSHADOWED BY TWILIGHT 3 AND THE LAST AIRBENDER, IT PROVED THAT BAY’S NO BETTER BEHIND THE SCENES THAN BEHIND THE CAMERA.

NOW COMES A NEW TAKE ON TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, AND IT LOOKS A (BEEP) OF A LOT WORSE THAN THE ONE FROM 2007. IF ANYTHING, THE NINJA TURTLES WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BUILT FOR SPEED AND VERSATILITY. NOW JONATHAN LIEBESMAN, DIRECTOR OF TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING, BATTLE: LOS ANGELES, AND WRATH OF THE TITANS, GIVES US THESE CHEAPLY BUFF BASTARDIZATIONS OF OUR BELOVED LATE 80S AND EARLY 90S CARTOON HEROES.

TODAY’S 3 DECADE OLDS DEMAND JUSTICE, AND THE REVIEWS PROVED THIS WAS MORE EVIDENCE AGAINST NOT JUST MICHAEL BAY, BUT EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS PIC WHO HAS A HISTORY WITH CONSIDERATION FOR OUR AWARDS!

SO PICK UP YOUR NUNCHAKUS, NINJATO KNIVES, SAIS, AND QUARTER STAFFS, AND DELIVER THE FINAL BLOW TO 2014’S TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES BELOW!

DARK, GLUM, AND BROODING, APROPOS TO THE MISERABLE QUALITY OF THIS FILM. THE ONLY THOUGHT MORE DISTURBING IS THE QUESTION OF “WHICH CLASSIC CARTOON WILL BAY AIM HIS SPECIAL EFFECTS AND WEAPONS OF MASS DEFILEMENTS AT NEXT?”

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 12:01pm
Good news is that William Fichtner is NOT Shredder.

Bad news is that the person who is playing the Shredder is not interesting.

Also, HeadRAZZ, I should point out that Razzie repeat offender Whoopi Goldberg is also in this movie.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 12:52pm
From what I've heard, this makes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III look like an actual movie!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2014 at 1:10pm
Apparently the good news was a relatively late development in the film. From what I've heard about the 3DS game, Fitchner's character is still Shredder

Originally posted by oiram

Good news is that William Fichtner is NOT Shredder.

Bad news is that the person who is playing the Shredder is not interesting.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2014 at 9:37pm
It's still really hard for me to believe Michael Bay just "produced" this movie. His fingerprints are all over TMNT. Just look at the trailer, it looks like a Transformers movie with Turtles in it.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but what if Michael Bay actually directed this movie and only took on a "Producer" credit? It could be a M. Night Shyamalan After Earth situation I know it's highly unlikely. But maybe Michael Bay didn't want to take the heat for this movie's inevitable failure. It's just a theory...
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 10:56am
A sequel has been confirmed.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 12:46pm
I know that   Elizabeth Olsen  , younger sister of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, was supposed to play the role that later went to Megan Fox !!! 
But , just a little question... this time, to realize the face-design of the 3 fighters  turtles , they were inspired to Raushan Hammond aka Carambola of  Steven Spielberg's Hook?LOL
I am an italian moviegoer
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 1:25pm
A sequel huh? Well I shouldn't be surprised... seems like stupidity never dies.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:19pm
Do you think they'll also make a sequel to TURTLES FOREVER just to include this reboot (click here and type "CTRL+F+Multiverse)?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 2:29pm
Well, there's no way that the sequel to this could be as bad as the original Turtles Forever!
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 6:08pm
I hope you don't mind me asking, but what the heck is Turtles Forever, what made it bad, and is it any worse than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3?

Also, about Batman and Robin........

I honestly thought that Superman 4: The Quest for Peace was an much much much much worse movie on every level than Joel Schumacher's movie. Schumacher also had more on his mind than selling toys, the studio wanted to return the franchise to its Adam West era style of campy comedy. AND originally he wanted to do a completely different movie called Triumphant, which would have had more of a psychological thriller feel to it. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a fair amount of blame (Bat Nipples and Bat Credit Card, really?!) but I still think he gets more sh*t than he really deserves. Not to mention, at least the production design was colorful and interesting. sh*t, it was definitely prettier to look at that Superman 4, which was so heavy-handed w/ its bullsh*t message, it made James Cameron's Avatar look subtle.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 6:18pm
AND I'm NOT defending Batman And Robin, I'm just saying I thought there were a couple good things in it, unlike Superman 4 or even Catwoman, both of which had no good things. Don't get me wrong, I hate Batman and Robin, I just don't think its the worst Superhero movie ever made.

Also, SchumacherH8ter, how do you feel about The Postman beating Batman and Robin at the Razzies? Just asking.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 7:18pm
It's basically a 70-minute long meta joke (which I personally liked):

The link from my previous post is from a scene of that movie. It reveals that every single incarnation of the franchise exists in a different universe. That's how the 3 versions of the NINJA TURTLES appear together in the trailer.

Originally posted by JacobD

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what the heck is Turtles Forever, what made it bad, and is it any worse than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2014 at 7:46pm
To Vits, Turtles Forever was basically 70 minutes of bashing the '80s Turtles while glorifying the bland and boring 2000s Turtles.

To JacobD: You got it the other way around: it was the studio that had toy dollars in their eyes, not Schumacher. Superman IV is just as cynically made as Batman And Robin, but it's, in my opinion, a hilarious bad movie. I'd rather re-watch it than Superman III. Also, Batman And Robin was infinitely worse than The Postman.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2014 at 12:06am
No, that is what I was trying to say, SchmacherH8ter. I was saying the studio deserves equal, if not more blame for the movie than Joel Schumacher, who was a 'la Marc Webb and the SONY-MAN films their director-for-hire. In the end, Batman and Robin is a monstrosity that killed Alicia Silverstone's career and would surely have ruined George Clooney's also if it hadn't been for Steven Soderbergh and the critical and financial success of Out of Sight. By the way, do you think the new Batman v. Superman movie will be any good? How do you think it looks so far?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>