Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > TEEN-AGED MUTILATED NINCOMPOOP TURD-PILES...the REBOOT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...
    Posted: September 25 2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by JacobD

She SUCKED in the X-men movies, although she was good in Cloud Atlas. She was terrible in Bulworth, but that one really wasn't her fault it was the scripts. I tried watching the first episode of Extant but could barely get through the first 45 minutes of it because her so-called acting was unwatchably horrific. Come to think of it, do you think there will ever be a TV Razzies, or should there be?

Should there be a TV counterpart to the RAZZIES? I'm leaning against starting such a foundation for reasons other people can explain better. As for me, I'll just say that films are much easier to award and penalize, because each film is an individual. TV shows have not one, but 3 dimensions of division: Series, seasons, and episodes. Another problem is that even when films get released in different breadths and different regions of the world, it's relatively easy to pinpoint the first week an eligible film plays in Los Angeles or NYC. With TV shows, the status quo is each season correlating with an academic year, which overlaps the end of one year with the beginning of another, so they're not one-to-one. (An exception is South Park, which since season 4, all the episodes of each season have aired in the same year).

If anyone can better explain the barriers to a Worst TV Shows award show, please back me up!

On topic: Does Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '014 have much of a chance against Atlas Shrugged Part III, *Left Behind [remake], *Saving Christmas, or *Paddington for a Worst Picture nomination?

*assuming they get panned by critics
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 3:44am
Well, more people saw TMNT '14 than they did ASIII, so yes on that one.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 11:27am
There aren't really that many barriers, assuming that they take place in a day before the Emmys and follow the same rules of elegible dates. Just like the Razzies, there wouldn't have to be as many categories. The only other barrier would be the fact that actors win for specific episodes that they choose to submit.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Should there be a TV counterpart to the RAZZIES? I'm leaning against starting such a foundation for reasons other people can explain better. As for me, I'll just say that films are much easier to award and penalize, because each film is an individual. TV shows have not one, but 3 dimensions of division: Series, seasons, and episodes. Another problem is that even when films get released in different breadths and different regions of the world, it's relatively easy to pinpoint the first week an eligible film plays in Los Angeles or NYC. With TV shows, the status quo is each season correlating with an academic year, which overlaps the end of one year with the beginning of another, so they're not one-to-one. (An exception is South Park, which since season 4, all the episodes of each season have aired in the same year).

If anyone can better explain the barriers to a Worst TV Shows award show, please back me up!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 4:13pm
I am looking forward to Left Behind for the same reason I'm kind of wanting to see Annabelle, because they look so hilariously bad its almost hard to not want them to be good. You know, in a "so bad its actually good" sort of way. Besides, its Nicholas Cage in a Cristian propaganda/stupid disaster movie!! What's not to love?!?!?!!!

The trailer for Paddington, on the other hand, eye-raped me so bad its now my #1 choice for Worst Picture of the year!!!!!!

If Paddington receives less than a 20% on RT, then I am personally campaigning for it to receive a Jack and Jill style sweep of all the categories.

As much as I was really entertained by the new TMNT movie (except for all the human actors, who were as cringe-inducing as they were razzie-worthy), I honestly think it has a greater shot at getting razzed than the final Atlas Shrugged film simply because more people have seen it.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 4:21pm
Also, if their were a TV Razzies, actors wouldn't need to submit episodes. Rather, we could do what the Golden Globes and SAG does, which is judge actors based on their overall performance during the season. I think there are rules as to how many episodes of a show must air during a calendar year of eligibility for it to be considered.

Also, movies have different dimensions too, like franchise's for example (Resident Evil, Fast and Furious, Transformers, etc.), but should we do separate categories for comedy and drama just like all those other awards. And should we recognize miniseries' and kids shows? If so, how?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 6:21pm
The genre split is only done in very few movie award shows, and in most TV award shows. There must be a reason. It's usually comedy, drama and mini-series/TV movies. Kids shows would probably be part of the special categories (like the Razzie for Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment).
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2014 at 9:22pm
Hey Vits, that isn't really fair seeing as how their are a lot of great kids shows that are out there. I am LOVING the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon on nickelodeon. Also, Adventure Time is extremely well-made w/ a lot of emotional depth and creativity. My Little Pony is very well written and a ton of fun. I LOOOOVE PRINCESS TWILIGHT SPARKLE and all the awesome characters the show has. I also look forward to seeing the new movie Rainbow Rocks (NO SPOILERS PLEASE) as soon as I possibly can!!!

So yeah, there are some really amazing "kids shows" nowadays that I don't think its fair to put in the same category as the Kung Fu Panda and Monsters Vs. Aliens shows or........ current-era f**kING 3D SpongeBob Squarepants!!!?!!?!?!!

I was talking about letting animated shows like Adventure Time and even South Park compete in the same categories as live-action shows because the rules the Emmys have for them are so needlessly complicated IMHO.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2014 at 11:16am
Award shows usually split 2 or 3 genres to avoid an excess of categories. Specially when there are so many categories. Did you know that the Oscars and the Tonys have the same amount of categories? That being said, animated shows can compete in the drama, comedy and mini-series/TV movie categories (THE FLINTSTONES and FAMILY GUY were nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series).
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2014 at 12:48pm
But animated shows can't compete in any of the other main Emmy categories. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's the rule.

Plus, those were the ONLY 2 times an animated series ever got nominated for Either Top Emmy category. Poor Avatar: The Last Airbender and Danny Phantom never got nominated for Best Series.

I just don't want that kind of discrimination to occur if we are able to have our own TV Razzies. HMMMMM............ I wonder what HeadRazzberry himself thinks about this idea.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2014 at 5:14pm
No, they can't. There are categories for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance and Outstanding Animated Episode (vs Outstanding Writing & Directing in a TV Episode). But the Oscars and the Razzies don't have categories for voice-over work either. A couple have been nominated for Razzies in the regular acting categories, though.
Originally posted by JacobD

But animated shows can't compete in any of the other main Emmy categories. Or at least I'm pretty sure that's the rule.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123