Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > TEEN-AGED MUTILATED NINCOMPOOP TURD-PILES...the REBOOT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TMNT All Over Again...
    Posted: September 30 2014 at 8:36pm
Anna didn't have a lead role in those movies, and as much as I HATE to say it did help earn her name recognition.

Thanks for explaining. I sometimes misinterpret what people say and I appreciate the clarification!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2014 at 11:38pm
To JacobD: If I told you that, based on the 2 or 3 scenes of This Is Where I Leave You that I read about, that it would probably be "meh", as in unremarkable, but not terrible, would it hurt? The few of us who want This Is Where I Leave You to be RAZZed so badly have their work cut out for them in campaigning to convince our registrar to vote for it over Atlas Shrugged Part III, TMNT '014, or some other films you wanted RAZZed about as badly, including Tammy, Age of Extinction, and Transcendence.

I've noticed a strange trend. An estimated 1/3 of your favorite films have gotten negative reviews from critics, and more than half of the films that detonate your emotions have gotten mixed or average reviews, and most of the films you've been fuming about over the past 3 months or so are films that nearly everyone else simply didn't mind.

Though I believe very little of what you say, if it came down to Transcendence vs a film that got mixed reviews that you DID like competing against it, and The Legend of Hercules didn't stand a chance for some reason, I'd form a temporary alliance to try and give Worst Picture to Transcendence.

My point is, even if they're not numerous, there are a few films we can agree on that are good or bad.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 9:11am
I love Vertigo, Donnie Darko, Mean Girls, The Departed, and Barton Fink and those all got critical acclaim. I'm not contrarian by any means, I just have my own opinions, that's all.

I'm glad to know we can agree that Transcendence sucks and is Razzie-worthy!
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 11:21am
TMNT is just a boring waste of time. Yeah, there are a lot of cringe worthy parts (The Mikey Turtle having a crush on April is pretty bizarre). But for the most part, it's not a contender for major awards like Worst Picture.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 11:25am
Worst Actress is a major award.
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un and the GOP
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 11:32am
True, but that's just acting. Directing and Writing are more major than the acting. Though bad acting certainly doesn't help
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2014 at 4:24pm
I'm happy to hear you agree w/ me that the new TMNT movie isn't a serious contender for Worst Picture, moviecritic1994!

I look forward to voting w/ you, oiram, and SchumacherH8ter for Botox Fox for Worst Actress on my Razzie nominating ballot. Although Melissa McCarthy is still my #1 choice for Tammy, unless Tina Fey is shortlisted for This Is Where I Leave You.

It would have been such a significantly better movie if they had cast someone else as April and gotten rid of Will Arnett and Whoopi Goldberg's characters entirely. Maybe if they had just been smart enough to cast a more talented actress, this would have been received much better. Like say, The Other Woman valedictorian Cameron Diaz?!

Sorry about that one, I couldn't resist!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 5:53pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:

-Worst Actress for Megan Fox.
-Worst Supporting Actor for Noel Fisher and Jeremy Howard.
-Worst Screenplay*.
-Worst Remake/Rip-Off.
-Worst Written Film Grossing Over $100 Million.
-Worst Excuse for an Actual Movie.
-Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment.

Oh, and maybe:

-Worst Director.
-Worst "Original" Song for SHELL SHOCKED by Jordan Houston, Moxie, Ty Dolla Sign and Wiz Khalifa.
-Worst Picture.

But not:

-Worst Supporting Actor for Will Arnett, William Fichtner, Pete Ploszek nor Johnny Knoxville.
-Worst Screen Combo for the title characters.

*Evan Daughtery could be nominated for this and for DIVERGENT, which means that the category could be re-named after him (like with Joe Eszterhas). Fingers crossed!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345