Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on TWILIGHT SBD PART 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1
    Posted: November 15 2011 at 7:55pm
I see this (Twilight) movie as Razz-able like the others, but I wouldn't go as far to make it a major candidate. The previous movie hogged up the nominations but thankfully didn't win too many.

I think the big name to Razz this year is Adam Sandler.  Supporting in Zookeeper, Actor and Actress in Jack and Jill, and...um...what should he be nominated for regarding Bucky Larson?

And Breaking Dawn Part 2 shouldn't be front runner in 2012, either...not when Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg bring The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D (an Avatar "spoof") to the big screen.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sandler is one of the screenwriters (as well as a producer) of BUCKY LARSON, so he's "qualified" at least twice for that film...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 7:57am
LOL!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 8:06am
I showed the Muppet posters to my Media Writing class and they thought it was funny. Also, this now has an RT rating of 11%! Could this be worse than New Moon?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 8:37am
NEW MOON was a slow book on it's own. The slow pacing in the movie didn't work because it didn't translate well from the book. 

Here, we have only half of a book, so the slow pacing might be more-so... Dead

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 9:38am
I think this newest installment is a slap to everybody's face who thought an Oscar-winning director could save this franchise. I admit, I didn't rule out that possibility. 

Turns out we should have known better. What a mess! With that kind of source material, nobody would have been able to make a decent movie. Well, maybe Cronenberg could have.
I'm glad the franchise hasn't gotten any Razzies so far, because if they will, this is their year.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 11:11am
I predict that Breaking Dawn 2 will be on IMDB bottom 250.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 11:14am
No way, man. There are way too many twi-hard users.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:14pm
If Cronenberg directed this, Nosferatu would pop out of Bella's womb like in The Fly! 
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:37pm
If this movie stayed true to the book, Meyers has one twisted mind ==  and not in a good way.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Originally posted by mbh

Well, maybe Cronenberg could have.

If Cronenberg directed this, Nosferatu would pop out of Bella's womb like in The Fly.

That would have made the movie more watchable. I would be all in for that!

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:48pm
But there are more haters.  

Originally posted by Vits

No way, man. There are way too many twi-hard users.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 1:01pm
There are more haters, and if the CGI wolves and  the handling of certain action scenes in this movie are any indication of how the next movie will turn out, even more people will dislike it. Bill Condon has no clue how to do these scenes. 

Which shows again that winning an Oscar for one thing doesn't mean you're automatically good at another.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 5:02pm
Meyer definitely has problems. But she doesn't seem to have a problem with Jacob "imprinting" on Renesmee -- and the fact that I know what that means shames me immensely!  

Originally posted by mbh

If this movie stayed true to the book, Meyers has one twisted mind ==  and not in a good way.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 1:16am
That "imprinting" idea is out of this world, really. Why didn't Meyer just explain it as "soulmates"?   

However, in that case I have to give credit to Condon for making it not look as creepy onscreen as it sounds in print. He managed to downplay a few questionable subjects, like when that weird name was given to the baby. I don't want to give more spoilers away, but you can litterally tell when he tried to cater to his female audience, which was entertaining but too often over the top, or to cover up Meyer's unexplained storytelling, like how could the vampire get the girl pregnant in the first place, or how Bella wants the werewolf still hanging around even after she got married. She should have dumped the vampire and married the werewolf then -- would have saved a lot of problems!  

Some of those wolf themes had potential though, and there Condon failed on all levels.
But the problem with this franchise is (and always was) the weak source material. Additionally some of the dialogue in the movie is laughable, and some scenes were hard to follow if you haven't read the book. That's the screenwriter's fault though, and I won't focus my anger on the actors. 

I will take Kristen Stewart, who tries hard to cheese into the camera at every chance she gets and appear happy, off my Worst Actress list now. The acting has gotten better...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 7:00am
The concensus here in Chile seems to be average to bad.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 7:30am
As bad as the movie looks, I'm surprised Roger Ebert gave it a 2.5/4: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111116/REVIEWS/111119983
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 7:40am
Ebert's review of New Moon is one of his best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>