Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on TWILIGHT SBD PART 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1
    Posted: November 28 2011 at 9:34pm
Thanks for reconfirming, HeadRazz! Sounds good.

SchumacherH8er, Condon won an Oscar for "Best Screenplay". I agree, it's mostly Meyer's fault, her crappy story drags everybody down.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe that the people, who had a chance to change it for the better, didn't, and that makes them very deserving of a Razzie. Imagine, they even thought their work was good! If somebody had told me "You did this!" when my wife was pregnant, I would have punched him. Who on earth came up with that crap, and more importantly, why did nobody realize how absolutely brainless that sounds? Two renowned writers, and out comes crap x 10000000. Unbelievable.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2011 at 11:14pm
Wow and I thought Warren Beatty's ego was massive...  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

**She actually said she thinks she's a better writer than Shakespeare!
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 4:24am
I think that they tried real hard to make a good movie with the first one. After it was a big success, they fired Hardwicke and hired one of the directors of American Pie, who crapped out a bad movie, but the fans ate it up. They realized that they didn't need to make goods movie to make money, and that's where we are now. Interestingly, the first one didn't get any Razzie nods, while New Moon had four nods and Eclipse had 9.  

Originally posted by mbh

I agree, it's mostly Meyer's fault, her crappy story drags everybody down.  But the more I think about it, the more I believe that the people, who had a chance to change it for the better, didn't, and that makes them very deserving of a Razzie. Imagine, they even thought their work was good!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 5:42am
I know WATER FOR ELEPHANTS isn't really Razzie material, but I didn't like it, so that's why I listed it so many times. Also, I was using the Razzie rules that an actor can be nominated for more than one movie if they gave a bad performance and/or was in a bad movie. However, in ELEPHANTS, Pattinson was in the same level as Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz (I blame the material.  

Actually, if you choose not to list ELEPHANTS, it'll be easier for me. You see, I thought that Pattinson was better than Lautner in this movie, while Lautner in ABDUCTION was much worse than Pattinson in ELEPHANTS.

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

At this point, it looks likely that Pattinson will be listed on our Nominating Ballot only for BREAKING DAWN #1 (since ELEPHANTS was never even discussed on our Forum, and is currently rated "Fresh" w/a 61% Positive rating: R.T. LINK). Lautner, however, looks likely to be listed for both this film and ABDUCTION (Forum LINK).
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 2:14pm
I'm watching Water For Elephants right now and so far it's... "OK." Pattinson isn't too bad, but I'm not done with it yet and that may change.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 3:45pm
Done watching it and my verdict... is the same. It's a decent movie, not especially good, but not bad. Same goes for Pattinson. Grade: B-.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 6:58pm
Actually, if memory serves correctly there was some discussion of Water for Elephants prior to its release, although it never had its own forum. There were a few here that seemed to think that Pattinson's appearance alone was enough to sink the movie. A few of us who actually saw it ultimately chimed in and credited his performance. He wasn't exceptional by any means, but at least he was adequate in the role. So I think there would be no reason whatsoever to tie together his performance in Breaking Wind with WFE.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: At this point, it looks likely that Pattinsonwill be listed on our Nominating Ballot only for BREAKING DAWN #1 (since ELEPHANTS was never even discussed on our Forum, and is currently rated "Fresh" w/a 61% Positive rating: R.T. LINK).
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 7:02pm
My reaction to WFE was similar. I actually enjoyed the book, although it isn't usually the type of thing I read. As is usually the case, the movie wasn't as good as the novel, but it was a decent adaptation.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Done watching it and my verdict... is the same. It's a decent movie, not especially good, but not bad. Same goes for Pattinson. Grade: B-.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 8:53am
This was included here:
Any thoughts?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2011 at 2:35pm
I thought this film wasn't that bad. The last 20 minutes, in particular, is very shocking and disturbing, even for a non-Twilight film. Apart from those amazing final minutes, the film has its shares of good and bad scenes. While watching the film, I wondered why the filmmakers thought it was a good idea to leave some obviously (unintentionally) funny scenes in the film, like the one with the wolves talking through telepathy. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? Seriously, it boggles my mind. I feel like if these films were in the hands of a more competent director, like David Cronenberg, the films would be a lot better and more twisted, because some of the subject material presented in the series is fairly dark. It's just that the execution is sometimes so damn cheesy. But I digress. Maybe what I find to be cheesy and melodramatic could be better appreciated by the fangirls. Still, as stated earlier, it's not bad at all. I was left hooked with the cliffhanger ending and am interested to see how it all ends. I also liked the family dynamics that was brought in here due to the wedding and Bella getting pregnant. The performances by the cast are fairly good too, imo.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2011 at 2:49pm
What's your rating?
Originally posted by moviewizguy

While watch the film, I wonder why the filmmakers thought it was a good idea to leave some obvious unintentionally funny scenes in the film, like the scene with the wolves talking through telepathy. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA? Seriously, it boggles my mind.
When twi-hards watch scenes like that, they usually don't notice, just as they don't notice the errors. If they do, they'll pretend like they didn't notice or just won't care.

Before watching this movie, 2 friends at college who happen to be twi-hards asked me if I've seen them. I told them my ratings of 6,3 and 6 respectively, and one of them answered "I'll never speak to you again". She was joking about not speaking to me, but not about my ratings, even though I said I sort of liked 2 out of 3. But I guess that I have to love them to get their aproval.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2011 at 6:35pm
6/10 or B-.
Originally posted by Vits

What's your rating?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 8:18pm
For the third week in a row, this untalented farce reigns at the box office.  Give them the Razzie now!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 12:17pm
Miguel...Disapprove We could give this movie a truckload of Razzies, and it's still going to be a box-office success, and will then make another kajillion in video rentals. And the next installment will still get made. You are tilting at windmills, Senor Quixote!  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 11:11pm
I just now saw the below. That is incorrect. Basically everybody of the tribe in Twilight is Native American or at least to a certain percentage. In 2003 the mini series "Dreamkeeper" aired on TV and had Chaske Spencer and Gil Birmingham in lead- and supporting roles. The movie received several nominations and won the American Indian Film Award. It is a very cool movie which gives you a lot of insight into the culture. I enjoyed it very much.
Graham Greene is probably best known for "Die Hard" and "Dances with Wolves".
The Native Indian nation welcomed the possibility for their young actors to be exposed in Twilight.  

Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

I know Julia Jones, who stars as the lone female werewolf in "Twilight" is actually Native American. I think everyone else in the "werewolf tribe" is actually Hispanic in real life (which, of course, is pissing off people of actual Native American descent!).
rwdsvb View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote rwdsvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2012 at 1:37pm
WTH ? Twilight Breaking Dawn ? this razzies awards became a joke since 2010 ! 
first off i'm not a huge twilight fan or something but i still think that Breaking Dawn was a very good movie , i believe that New Moon and eclipse sucked so bad .
1- Kristen Stewart was so good in Breaking Dawn
2- Pattinson and lautner were OK 
3- the razzies awards are based on the opinions of the potterheads , so this is really stupid
4- director bill condon and catherine hardwicke were the best directors for the twilight series 
5- also i know that you hate twilight but you should be fair with the actors and the directors , you hate anything related to twilight and you love Harry potter , this is really not fair at all , the twilight actors are not bad but not great , the razzies are for the actors that can't for sh*t , kristen was in 20 movies before twilight , she've never won any razzie and so the others , so i don't think they all sucked at the same time . 
bill condon is an oscar winnner , stop making fun of twilight and the directors just because you hate the series 
i also agree that jack and jill was the worst movie of the year but Breaking Dawn ? Hell no ... 
check out peuple's opinions http://oscar.go.com/ 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>