Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on TWILIGHT SBD PART 1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of TWILIGHT: S.B.D. #1
    Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:28am
THE LONG WAIT IS FINALLY OVER! 

HERE's YER CHANCE to SINK YER TEETH* into ONE of 2011's LIKELIEST WORST PICTURE CONTENDERS, TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN PART 1 (a.k.a. AND BABY MAKES TWEE). 

AND HERE's the LINK to READ HOW BADLY YE OLDE HEAD RAZZberry EXPECTS THIS ONE to SUCK...  

* Sorry, we couldn't resist... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 9:10am

Now that this film has its proper forum, here's my outlook:

We all know how senseless a feisty sex scene between a vampire and Swan is, but to understand how I knew this would get negative reviews, you need look no further than the surface. Most Twi-hards who (for whatever reason) enjoyed the other three Twilight books couldn't stand Breaking Dawn. A common allegation is that Stephanie Meyer wrote it to scorn her fanbase. (Classy way to thank your readers! </sarcasm>).

I rest my case.

...however, the worst is yet to come. I don't think I have to remind anyone that in Breaking Dawn Part II (coming in the autumn of 2012), Edward Cullen has to eat his way through Bella Swan's reproductive system!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 11:15am
This of course reminds people of HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 (6/10). That one felt too much like a prelude. There were scenes that I enjoyed but still felt like they could've been cut, to the point where I realized it would've been better as one movie. The difference with that saga and this one is that, despite what I've felt of each movie, overall it doesn't have an interesting story or characters nor particularly good performances for me to stand a boring and episodic filler. I predict this will play out like NEW MOON... and probably be as bad as that one. As for PART 2... that one could be the best of the saga... which would mean 55% on R.T. LOL.

Yesterday, buying the tickets to see CONTAGION, there was a real invitation for the wedding. WTF?!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 11:37am
I can't believe that Bill Condon agreed to direct this -- What a sellout!  

First David Slade, now Bill Condon. How the hell does this franchise keep getting good directors??  
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 12:23pm
GTAHater767: I don't think that Meyer wrote this to scorn the fanbase. Turning Jacob into a jackass in Eclipse, on the other hand, was written to scorn people who wanted Bella to end up with him. Because, God forbid, they wanted Bella to end up with someone who isn't older than her grandpa! 

Also, GTAHater's not joking about Edward eating his way through Bella's reproductive system!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Now that this film has its proper forum, here's my outlook:

We all know how senseless a feisty sex scene between a vampire and Swan is, but to understand how I knew this would get negative reviews, you need look no further than the surface. Most Twi-hards who (for whatever reason) enjoyed the other three Twilight books couldn't stand Breaking Dawn. A common allegation is that Stephanie Meyer wrote it to scorn her fanbase. (Classy way to thank your readers! </sarcasm>).

I rest my case.

...however, the worst is yet to come. I don't think I have to remind anyone that in Breaking Dawn Part II (coming in the autumn of 2012), Edward Cullen has to eat his way through Bella Swan's reproductive system!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 3:08pm
If Pattinson were to be on the Nominating Ballot, would it be for JUST THIS? Or would he also be up for Water for Elephants?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Both Pattinson with WATER FOR ELEPHANTS and Lautner with ADBDUCTION have second titles other than TWILIGHT for which they could be listed for Worst Actor on this year's RAZZIE® Nominating Ballot (while Adam Sandler has both JACK & JILL and JUST GO WITH IT...and Nicolas Cage has THREE titles -- DRIVE ANGRY, SEASON OF THE WITCH and TRESPASS!). 

It's certainly been a banner year for actors appearing in more than one sucky movie!   

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 4:10pm
Um I don't really think Water for Elephants was a sucky movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 4:15pm
While WATER FOR ELEPHANTS had some decent reviews, Pattinson's performance didn't. THE ROTTEN TOMATOES SHOW explained it best: "He's like a robot with 4 buttons, one for each one of his faces, which he does over and over".
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:09pm
Actually, Pattinson's performance in Water for Elephants had mostly positive reviews especially from top critics. He had positive reviews from Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Rolling Stone, etc. and Roger Ebert even tweeted to say good things about him. He had way more positive reviews for his acting than negative ones.

Furthermore, the movie was fresh on Rotten Tomatoes and Pattinson was in the movie more than any other actor, so if he was bad, the movie would not have been fresh because he was in nearly every scene. Most critics said he acquitted himself well.

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I don't think I have to remind anyone that in Breaking Dawn Part II (coming in the autumn of 2012), Edward Cullen has to eat his way through Bella Swan's reproductive system!

Good luck with the PG-13/12A certificate for that one then...

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
krisstewart View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisstewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 1:41am
Thanks for all the attention!  :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 2:51am
Wait a sec, Couldn't Sandler also be up for Worst Actor for Zookeeper? I know he really isn't the main actor in that, but that has happened before. Oh, and doesn't Nicolas Cage have some other movie called Seeking Justice that's supposed to come out this year?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry:
If Adam Sandler were to be listed for ZOOKEEPER (which is yet to be determined) he would be listed as a SUPPORTING Actor, not leading. As for Nicolas Cage possibly having a 4th title due for 2011 release, the current list of up-coming films on B.O. MoJo (LINK) does not have it set for a U.S. debut before the end of this calendar year. According to the IMDb (LINK) SEEKING JUSTICE did open in several foreign countries in 2011, but that does not qualify it for RAZZIE
® consideration. At this point, it seems likely JUSTICE will be released "Direct-to-DVD" here in the U.S. making it dis-qualified for RAZZIE® consideration.   

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 5:37am
Well, there have been times where actors have received positive reviews and still had gotten nominated for being in a bad movie. There are also cases where actors give Razzie worthy performances and not-so-bad performances in good movies but the voters still nominate for both. R-Patz can fall in either of them, specially since he's a repeat offender.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 1:12pm
Most of you probably know that I have had this film on my Virtual Razzie list since the beginning of the year.  Many of you said that this was harmless compared to some other bad movies being released this year.  This film's three predecessors and their fans committed capital crimes against pop culture by winning awards over far superior movies like "Avatar", "The Dark Knight", and "Inception".  In my opinion, the Razzie Awards should be the 'coming around' to that 'going around'.  However, giving the franchise its just desserts won't be easy.  Here are some reasons why:  

1. Four Happy Madison products bar the way to Worst Picture.  
2. Pattinson and Lautner have to compete against Adam Sandler, Nick Swardson, and Nicolas Cage.
3. Kristen Stewart has to compete against Adam Sandler, Minka Kelly, Martin Lawrence, and Sarah Palin.
4. Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg has to deal with Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Nick Swardson, Jay Scherick and David Ronn.
5. Director Bill Condon is up against Dennis Dugan, Catherine Hardwicke, Joel Schumacher, and (one that will make us look predictable) Michael Bay.
6. Kellan Lutz is facing off against Hank Azaria, Peter Dante, Cam Gigandet, Ken Jeong, Ron Perlman, and (one that will make us look predictable) Sylvester Stallone.
7. Ashley Greene has to compete with Brooklyn Decker, Amber Heard, Brandon T. Jackson, Leighton Meester, Helen Mirren, and Natalie Portman.
8. The cast of this movie has to compete against the cast of "New Year's Eve" among other films.
9. In Worst Prequel or Sequel, it has to go up against "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son", "Cars 2", "The Hangover Part II", "Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil", "Spy Kids: All the Time in the World", and (one that will make us look predictable) "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".

That's a lot of obstacles.  Depending on its Tomatometer Rating and Metascore, this film could either win big or lose big.  I am uncertain how this will turn out.  Once the bulk of critical scores come in, I might have some idea, but I won't totally be sure until the critics release their 'Worst of 2011' lists.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 1:28pm
What makes you think that, out of the entire supp. cast, Lutz and Greene will be in consideration? Remember that Billy Burke had 2 other bad movies this year.

According to what I've read here, Natalie Portman, Amber Heard and Helen Mirren aren't really in consideration.

By the way, how come your frontrunner is BUCKY LARSON and not this?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by krisstewart

Thanks for all the attention!  :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>