Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member Discussion & Add'l INFO on UNDERWEAR-WORLD: AWAKENING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING
    Posted: January 20 2012 at 10:50pm
Is it me or is The Aviator Beckinsale's only good movie?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 8:53am
R.T. (20-30%):"There's more vapid action and less story in this than previous installments, making the whole affair feel inconsequential".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 9:38pm
Well, time to rip into the worst movie I've seen this year so far.

The good:

The super-Lycan: The super-Lycan is this really big Lycan who can regenerate. His fight scenes are cool, but he gets an ignoble defeat.

The bad:

The script: You don't expect good things from a script like this, and I wouldn't really harp on this part, but there's a big reason why I'm doing it: J. Michael Straczynski. JMS is a legitimate writer, so I don't know why he's here.

Wasted oppertunity: In the opening scene, we're shown a bunch of Lycans climbing a building, presumably a government one. Man, that should have been the whole movie.

Special effects: Special effects have never been the Underworld franchise's strong point, but it's gotten worse here. There's several Lycan transformations that rival New Moon in terribleness.

The ugly:

Steven Rea: Rea, obviously tired of appearing in great movies like V For Vendetta, decided to play a mad scientist in this.

India Eisley: Her Secret Life Of The American Teenager co-star Shailene Woodley did great in The Descendants. She bombs bad here as Eve, daughter of Kate Beckinsale and a hybrid. Some of her make-up was funny though.

Kate Beckinsale: She may be hot, but she can't act. I mentioned on the previous page that my favorite Underworld was the third which had actual actors (Michale Sheen, Rhona Mitra) as the main characters and no Beckinsale.

They're probably going to make a fifth one. I just know it. Grade: D+

Next-up: Shark Night 3D!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2012 at 10:13am
I just it. It currently ranks #50 (a little lower than RISE OF THE LYCANS and a lot lower than EVOLUTION) in my all time worst list (there are currently 52 titles so far).

For your consideration: Worst Supp. Actor (Stephen Rea); Worst Screen Ensemble; Worst Screenplay; Worst Prequel or Sequel; Worst Picture.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2012 at 1:13pm
Skip to 06:36.

Any thoughts?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Most people prefer this franchise over Twilight, even though it's almost as stupid.  Just for fun, here's a short list of some other dumb vampire movies: 

Blade: Trinity, 
Van Helsing, 
Ultraviolet, 
BloodRayne, 
Vampires Suck 

Oh, man, Ultraviolet is so ridiculous.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 7:54pm
HeadRazz says:
"I'm warning you -- One more step
and I'll have no choice but to... scan your UPC Code!"

Ah, man, I thought you were going to have her say "...I'll have no choice but to. . . make another sequel!"  Now, that would be scary.

And unfortunately, it's a certainty.

#4 in the series cost $70 million to make and had a worldwide haul of $165 million.  It was profitable enough to ask for yet one more installment.  Ugh.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12