Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member Discussion & Add'l INFO on WANDERLUST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of WHEN LUST WANDERS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of WHEN LUST WANDERS...
    Posted: February 21 2012 at 6:04am
HERE's WHERE to LET YER MIND (and YER LUST) WANDER and POST YER THOUGHTS ABOUT WANDERLUST...

ENJOY!  

OH!  ALMOST FORGOT -- HERE's the LINK to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's TAKE on the FILM...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 6:07am
Good Deeds! Please don't freakin' forget Good Deeds! 

Not that I mind Wanderlust being chosen at all, but still.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since it's a Tyler Perry film that appears not to feature Perry in "Madea drag," GOOD DEEDS does not seem an obvious Forum choice. Though once reviews and grosses are in, it certainly could be a Bonus WOrst of the Weak (and/or the subject of a Member-Started Forum). 

Mizz Aniston's recent track record with us makes this the likelier Worst of the Weak pick for now...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 10:14am
I still think GOOD DEEDS can be worse. Not only it looks very melodramatic, it also looks very preachy. This movie seems forgettable... unless it scores under 10%.

Yes, this movie is made by the same people who made ROLE MODELS (I had a fever when I saw it, so I can't say if that's why I didn't laugh). But they also made WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER (and they said they're planning a prequel to that).

You never know with Aniston these days. She chose JUST GO WITH IT which, if you take away Sandler's name, sounds like a good concept. But most of you hated her in that movie (I didn't). Then she chose HORRIBLE BOSSES, which didn't sound like a good concept. Most of the critics praised her performance in that movie (so did I).

For those who don't know, this movie was on Mr. Skin's list of the most anticipated movies because it was "announced" that Aniston would be naked in it (for the first time)*. But then she changed her mind asked to cut the scene because of her new boyfrined. Or that's what they said. You see, it seems like it was a marketing strategy, and then had to say that after people who saw the screening talked about it. And then guys seem like pervs for being dissapointed, but it was her fault for c*ck-teasing us!

*The only other ones are Kristen Stewart and Sarah Silverman.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Vits

Yes, this movie is made by the same people who made ROLE MODELS (I had a fever when I saw it, so I can't say if that's why I didn't laugh). But they also made WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER (and they said they're planning a prequel to that).

Only David Wain was involved in Wet Hot American Summer.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2012 at 6:00pm
Paul Rudd and Ken Marino were in WHAS. I've seen that movie a sh*t load of times.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 5:10am
I meant neither Ken nor Paul wrote or directed that movie.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Paul Rudd and Ken Marino were in WHAS. I've seen that movie a sh*t load of times.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 2:41pm
I don't think this movie looks so bad. The red band trailer certainly has some good laughs in it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 3:42pm
At the moment, this has an 80% at RT. Don't know if it'll hold, but it's off to a good start.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 5:31pm

If Wanderlust stays in the good range, or sinks only to average reviews in the next 40 hours, that'll mark the THIRD MISTAKE THIS MONTH! First The Vow is never given a forum, then This Means War wouldn't have one without me, and now this. If the first review for Gone being negative is a foresight, I'll demand a forum for Gone. Luckily, the official take on Wanderlust doesn't even say "TEXT TO FOLLOW" anymore. I infer this to mean you realized this subforum was a mistake. I know: you might say Man on a Ledge didn't get text either, but I'm sure that was for a different reason.

Meanwhile, it seems pre-nominations for the 2011 RAZZIES were announced already. I believe Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked beat Dark of the Moon and Breaking Dawn Part I for the last 7, but New Year's Eve lost against Green Lantern, sadly. Hopefully Atlas Shrugged Part I beats The HumancentiPad 2: Full Sequence for the final 5. I don't think it's bad enough to be RAZZed this year, but The Change-Up is back on the table for Worst Actor.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 7:13pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 6:37pm
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 7:05am

At 61% as of 57 reviews.

Plus Gone has no reviews, and it comes out today. (Tyler Perry's film never get screened for critics, and they have never received anything more than mediorce reviews).
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 9:01am

Update 56% with 64 reviews. Also why didn't Act of Valor get a forum?
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 1:00pm
whatsthepoint: Don't worry, I got a forum for Act of Valor all covered.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
jgman182 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jgman182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 4:27pm
Wait, what?! Wanderlust as a Worst Picture contender? With all due respect, Mr. Sir. headRAZZBerry, I'd like to peacefully debate this with you.

First off, as of now Wanderlust has a 51% on Metacritic and a 57% on Rotten Tomatoes- while not great, it's also not Razzie-worthy in my opinion. A better choice this weekend might be Good Deeds, or even controversially nominating Act of Valor (though out of respect for the SEALs, I'd advise against it).

Secondly, it's a COMEDY. It's not Jack and Jill bad, because it's intended to be cringe-worthy from the start. I mean, when you see naked people running in slow-motion, you know the movie's not taking itself seriously. And that's exactly David Wain's motive when he directed the movie.

I am interested, however, to hear your opinion on the ethics of nominating Good Deeds, or even Act of Valor for Worst Picture. Would you consider Act of Valor, or do you believe that nominating it would be pushing it?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 5:40pm
Where did he say that this was a Worst Picture contender?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>