Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Member Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE UNDEFEATED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion: THE UNDEFEATED...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion: THE UNDEFEATED...
    Posted: July 21 2011 at 5:56pm
Yeah, I was hoping for a scenario more along the lines of Murdoch going to prison, News Corp being disbanded, and all the companies being bought by people who won't fill the media outlets with propaganda that suits their personal agendas. 

But yeah, Murdock is so damn rich, he'll get away scott-free and this will all be just a bad memory for him.  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Unfortunately Fox won't get shut down, and Rupert Murdock won't even get a hand slap. The people that watch Fox Noise will keep watching it, and probably won't even give the matter sufficent attention to ask what all the fuss is about.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 6:54pm
Let's just hope Murdoch goes bankrupt and gets sentenced to jail for however long it takes. Plus, this is a RAZZIE forum, not a Rupert Murdoch discussion.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2011 at 8:26pm
Yeah, but it fits, considering the subject matter of this sub-forum.  

Originally posted by jesse685

Plus, this is a RAZZIE forum, not a Rupert Murdoch discussion.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 5:49am
Box Office Mojo is setting the record straight... Attendence was far less than the media claims it to be...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just saw this article myself -- Here's the LINK to read it. Not sure if its was the blatant distortion of fact that characterized press releases regarding the grosses on the prophectically/pathetically titled UNDEFEATED, or some element of revulsion at the film's subject, but I have rarely seen B.O. MoJo go after bogus "spin" so vehemently. It makes for fascinating reading!  

P.S. Once they saw the second week implosion of box office numbers, the makers of DEFEATED...er UNDEAFEATED, quickly announced the film's pay-per-view and DVD debut dates. Here's a LINK to read details on that...  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 11:22am
Ha! And the media likes to make the Tea Party seem like some "unstoppable force" that has numbers in the millions. In truth, they are just a few hundred thousands ... and their combined IQ is in the low double digits -- if that.  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 12:20pm
I consider the "low double digits" to specifically be 10-39. "Mid double digits" is 40-69, and "upper double digits" is 70-99. Taking my dad's word for it, my IQ is between 140 and 160. I value it, but even I'd be surprised to be admitted into MENSA.

Meanwhile, in another area of politics, the 2012 Presidential Elections, the American public is fed-the-(censored)-up with both Democrats and Republicans! If the approval rating for Obama and all possible Republican candidates hits 0% (any day now, if you ask me), the public at large will vote for a 3rd party candidate. Unfortunately, there is no 3rd party candidate in particular, but the most likely prospect so far is Ron Paul. If the public's vote for anyone other than the 2 major parties gets drowned out, it'll probably be thanks to corporations, lobbyists, and buyouts. In that case, the American government will get SO much worse that the best we could hope for would be a second American Civil War.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: So cynical! Actually, my suspicion is that Michele Bachmann could do well in many of the early GOP primaries (Iowa and South Carolina in particular) but not well enough in the long run to be the nominee. Having tasted popular support (and being spoken to directly by God) she will then declare herself as the "official" Tea Party candidate, thus throwing the election to Obama (who could then win a second term with about 45-48% of the popular vote). Lest we forget, Bill Clinton was elected twice without winning a majority either time...  

RESPONSE to Head RAZZberry's addendum: Then I suppose America is headed down into a Civil War II, Revolutionary War II, etc. within the half decade... 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 7:00pm
...and while we are at it, Mensa will generally take anyone with a certified I.Q. of 140 or above. I know quite a few people who are quite proud of their membership, but it signifies only that someone once scored well on a standardized test. In his book, The Mismeasure of Man, the late  extraordinary evolutionary biologist Stephen Jay Gould openly asked how many people have been held back or discouraged from pursuing their true capabilities in life as the result of one bad score on a culturally biased test. He also very aptly noted, "I am somehow less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops."
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 7:07am
Actually, I would prefer that the Democrats challenge Obama in the primaries. Granted, he is a better choice than any of the Republicans who want the position of President in 2012, but there's probably better Democrats for the role as well.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Political tradition proscribes anyone from the same party challenging an incumbent President (the only recent exception being when LBJ faced anti-war Sen. Eugene McCarthy in the 1968 New Hampshire primary. McCarthy got 40% of the vote versus LBJ's 60%, but the results were embarrassing enough to LBJ that, as a result, he dropped out of the 1968 presidential race). And I hardly think, even though he's not a wildly popular President just now, that Obama's poll numbers suggest any Democrat challenging him in 2012 would serve as anything more than a symbolic gesture.  

I should maybe add that, while I personally am somewhat disappointed at what Obama has been able to achieve, I still find him vastly preferable to either his predecessor (whom I consider the WORST President of my lifetime, if not of ALL time) or any of the current GOP wanna-bes (who, to me, deserve the sobriquet Snow White and the Seven Dorks...Plus One).  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 1:38pm
Considering the terrible mess Obama had to try and dig us out of, I don't think he has done a particularly bad job. It is also worthy of note that not only did Bush II get elected with less than 50%, he even got fewer popular votes than Al Gore. The election was awarded to him by a majority of Supreme Court justices (mostly appointed by preceeding Republican Presidents) who upheld a laundry list of fraudulent election activities in Florida that would have embarrased a banana republic. If something similar had happened somewhere in Central America, we would have sent in Jimmy Carter and a whole team of observers, and forced them to hold new elections.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:16pm
I agree that Obama is not doing the best job that he could (he does have the Republicans blocking him at every turn), but yes, he is a million times better than Bush Jr. (who got us into all this debt in the first place), and a thousand times better than any of the Republican dummies running for 2012. Could the Democrats have someone better on hand? Maybe, but I doubt any of them will challenge Obama ... unless his approval ratings drop into the 30% range. Because, after all, this is America, and we are most concerned about our jobs and our money more than anything else.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 9:02am
Apparently, there's another Sarah Palin documentary coming out this year. It's called Sarah Palin-You Betcha and it's less flattering than this one. Maybe she could be nominated for both?  
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2011 at 4:06pm
At least that other Palin movie will be based on reality (I hope). But hey, if it can double her choices of getting Razzed!
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 3:54pm
Oh yeah, Flixter has effectively killed the community section of the RT site. Maybe we need to give Flixter some negative award. Something like: Website most like a parasite.  

Originally posted by Vits

I've been a member or R.T. about as long as I've been a member here.So I went through the merge with Flixter.Ever since then,that site has had a billion problems.One of them is having some movies in the wrong genre.

Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 3:58pm
My vote is no on this being on the ballot. Palin is made fun of way too much as it is and to do this would be just a re-hashing of giving Bush the Razzie a while ago. I think there are worse films out there that deserve to be put into consideration particularly sine this is a documentary. 

Now, does Palin belong in politics? No I don't think so. Not as much as she is. Putting Palin on the ballot would just be ridiculous. There are far more worthy nominees for the award. 

Don't vote Palin in 2012!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 7:26am
Palin is made fun of way too much? Nobody dragged her into the spotlight and no one has forced her to remain in it. She is the poster child for the Peter Principle: A human being who has risen way above her level of incompetence. Further, this documentary didn't get made or released without her full cooperation. 

I say "Razz away!"  
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 10:29am
I still think nominating Palin would be more of a political statement and, since it is a documentary, it isn't technically "acting." 

Plus, there are just worse movies out there. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>