Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Member Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE UNDEFEATED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion: THE UNDEFEATED...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion: THE UNDEFEATED...
    Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:04pm
HERE's WHERE to EXPRESS YER THOUGHTS: SHOULD WE JOIN in the BIMBO-BASHING and NOMINATE SRAH PALIN as WORST ACTRESS...or LIMIT the COMPETITION to THOSE WHO ADMIT THEY'RE ACTING??  

NOTETHE L.A. TIMES' GOSSIP BLOG "GOLD DERBY" HAS RUN an ITEM on the POTENTIAL of OUR NOMINATING SARAH PALIN as WORST ACTRESS -- HERE's the LINK to READ the ARTICLE.  

AND, for YOUR SARAH-FICATION, HERE's the LINK to READ the OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE on THE UNDEFEATED...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:34pm
If she is on the nomination ballot, I'll probably vote for her...
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 5:44pm
I like how she said, "My phone's going ringy" in episode 1212, About Last Night aka Obama's Eleven. Part of me says giving Condoleezza Rice, George "Dubya" Bush's secretary of state, one of the four Acting RAZZIES, along with Dubya and his Pet Goat the 2004 Worst Screen Couple award, is a big part of what cost the RAZZIES heavily in the worst of 2004 RAZZIES. So, in order to spare us any criticism for nominating any more politicians for the RAZZIES, I vote NO on this proposition.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 6:43pm
Do the Razzies really care about being criticised?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:47pm
As much as I would like for Rosie The Sex Robot from "Trannies 3" to win Worst Actress ... hell yeah I would vote for Sarah Palin in a heartbeat ... for a Razzie that is!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 8:21pm
I think that documentaries and concert films should be exempt from acting Razzies. It's unfair to actors who gave REAL bad perfromances. Also, I REALLY don't want to watch this and if it's on the ballot, then I have to watch it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 10:59pm
Well, come Razzie voting time, if Miss 'Trigger-Happy, Global-Warming-Denying' Palin ends up on our nominating ballot, she could go from The Undefeated to The Defeated...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 6:25am
Wait -- I thought this was the title of a John Wayne film? Big smile  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Indeed it is. When I searched Google Images for the poster of the Sarah Palin doc, the one-sheet for the John Wayne version kept coming up. Made in 1969, it co-starred Rock Hudson(!), had a post-Civil War setting, and was considered a minor box office success. Here's an IMDb LINK for info on the other (more aptly titled) UNDEFEATED movie...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 9:00am
If Sarah Palin wanted to name her movie after a John Wayne movie, she should have named it The Conqueror.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or if, like her fellow Tea Party twit and doppelganger Michele Bachmann, she had John Wayne the movie star and John Wayne Gacy the mass murderer confused, she could've called it PSYCHO!  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 11:52am
Considering that Palin was on the ticket that LOST by triple digits in 2008 the Presidential Election, then quit her position in Alaska, then quit the "bus tour" she was doing, "The Undefeated" is the most inaccurate title for a movie about her! A proper title would be "The Quitter" or maybe "Media Whore." 

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or if, like her fellow Tea Party twit and doppelganger Michele Bachmann, she had John Wayne the movie star and John Wayne Gacy the mass murderer confused, she could've called it PSYCHO! 

Where do the Republicans find these morons?! And are American voters really stupid enough to vote for them because they compare themselves to John Wayne?!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 3:08pm
Let me start by stating I don't care about politics. Not that I don't care for politics, though I know that's usually an excuse for ignorance,but that's how I feel.  

It's true: Bush did "win" a Worst Actor award. But that was 7 years ago and today there are more Razzie voters, and I'd guess at least half are against awarding documentaries.  

I think you guys are contradicting yourselves. You want an excuse to bash the politicians you hate, right? Then why the acting awards when Worst Picture is a much more important category, and it doesn't have to have just fiction movies?Think about it. All I'm asking is, if this turn out to be bad, put it in the nominating ballot in any category except the acting ones or Worst Screenplay. If Worst Couple continues to exist, that's fine. If this turn out to be good, it can still be in the same categories, except Worst Picture.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Statistically, the actual number of current RAZZIE® Voting Members is not substantially higher than it was when Bush was awarded Worst Actor for FAHRENHEIT 911 (we had about 650 then, and we have about 700 now -- a difference of less than 10%) so that particular argument is not really a valid one. As for determining the "wishes" of our Voting Members, I'm all for listing something on the Nominating Ballot and letting it be rejected by our Members, rather than leaving it off because I (or someone else) presumes its being listed would meet with disapproval... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2011 at 2:44pm
The movie needs just one more bad review to get a 0%-rating on RT. link
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 9:53am
Did anyone else notice that RT has this listed as a "Science Fiction & Fantasy" film?LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 11:59am
I've been a member or R.T. about as long as I've been a member here.So I went through the merge with Flixter.Ever since then,that site has had a billion problems.One of them is having some movies in the wrong genre.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 1:48pm
Can someone please explain to me why RT has the score as N/A, eventhough the movie currently has 5 reviews?

I think a genre like FANTASY is perfectly suitable for a propoganda-piece like this.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 3:23pm
5 reviews don't really mean anything as a whole.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>