Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on ART OF GETTING BY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Started DISCUSSION of THE ART...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Started DISCUSSION of THE ART...
    Posted: June 13 2011 at 1:21pm
This is a new movie from the Sundance Film Festival that last January (It's getting a release this weekend). I saw the trailer and it looked pretty predicable. However, it's currently sitting at 29% on Rotten Tomatoes with only seven reviews, and that's not a good sign.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Congratulations, whatsthepoint -- You initiated the first Member Started Forum ever to be designated as our Worst of the Weak pick!  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 1:28pm

Personally, I only feel like this movie should only be considered for acting-nods (Roberts and maybe Highmore). It's just too small for any other categories...

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 2:59pm
I wasn't  suggesting it be considered for Worst Picture, I was just checking up on it because the reviews haven't been all that great (it's rotten tomatoes score is so low it looked like something that Razzie members should look at).
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 3:17pm

A couple of months ago we had a discussion on the Scream 4-forum about how bad of an actress Emma Roberts was (it was not really a "discussion" because no one disagreed) So I assume with this movie she should at least be worthy of a mention on the nomination ballot...

worst supporting actress: Emma Roberts/SCREAM 4 and THE ART OF GETTING BY

update: It seems that Emma Roberts has another movie coming up named Celeste and Jesse Forever, So who knows (if the reviews are bad enough) maybe we could also at that movie to the ballot...

As for her co-star Freddie Highmore, I always found him a very dull and bland actor. He lacks any form of charisma...

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 3:35pm
I don't think Highmore is that bad of an actor, Emma Roberts however I'm not impressed with. 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 3:42pm
Don't forget that in this movie there's also Elizabeth Reaser,who's also going to be in BREAKING DAWN.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 3:52pm
Vits, Do you really want a repeat of last year? (as in a Twilight movie getting to much undeserved Razzie-nominations)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 5:58pm
You mean because Jackson Rathbone only gave one bad performance?
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 6:26pm
One overkill was more than enough!!!!!  

Originally posted by Vheid

Vits, Do you really want a repeat of last year? (as in a Twilight movie getting to much undeserved Razzie-nominations)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 7:03pm
We already know who will disagree with you, 27.  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:19pm
Indeed we do! 
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 3:54pm
It's apparently getting a wide release.... link Too bad that we already have 2 worst movies of the week...  

27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 5:10pm
It does seem to be a particularly bad week for movies, at least as far as critics are concerned, doesn't it? I wonder: will next week be as abysmal? 

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 5:14pm
27 Years, I highly doubt it. The early reviews for Bad Teacher are pretty good and Cars 2 is made by a studio that has an exceptional track record with critics... But we'll just have to wait and see.  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:25pm
Roger Ebert(2.5/4):"At the end,I was wondering,what is the point?".
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 12:32pm
Just out of curiosity, do we also get to see what "The Official Razzie Take" is on this movie?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Been a bizzy week. Guess we'll see if I have the time...  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>