Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on ART OF GETTING BY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Started DISCUSSION of THE ART...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Started DISCUSSION of THE ART...
    Posted: June 23 2011 at 8:20am
I feel so special right now!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 7:17pm
It seems that Emma Roberts really is trying to follow in her father's footsteps by starring in a string of one bad movie after another.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 7:30am
If so, she's doing a pretty good job...  

If you look at her profile at RT (link), you'll see that all her movies so far have a "Rotten" rating. (that has to be an achievement on it's own). Considering this, and amount of movies with her that are released on a yearly basis (between 3 and 4), I am suprised that she hasn't entered the Razzie conversation before.  

Originally posted by Michaels

It seems that Emma Roberts really is trying to follow in her father's footsteps by starring in a string of one bad movie after another.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 6:52am
I might be wrong here, but has it recently been very hit and miss with Fox Searchlight since they won a Best Picture for Slumdog Millionaire?

On the one hand you have very solid (critically adored) films like (500) Days of Summer, Crazy Heart, Cyrus, Never Let Me Go, 127 Hours, Black Swan, The Tree of Life, Another Earth and Martha Marcy May Marlene....

But it seems as if every other film is a enormous critical bomb, like Miss March, My Life in Ruins, Post Grad, Amelia, Gentlemen Broncos, Our Family Wedding, Just Wright, The Art of Getting By and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan.....

They rarely seem to release movies that aren't either below 20% or above 70% on RT.... Why's that?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 7:49am
Let me put it this way.Us movie fans make lists of our favorite movies,and sometimes of favorite actors,directors,etc.,and also the smallest things like favorite scenes,quotes,etc.But basically no one ever makes a favorite studio list,and I think the same about favorite producers.Why?They don't really have to do with the artistic side of film.Personally,if I go see movie,I won't care about the studio.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 10:46am
Right, but a lot of studios DO have a very good reputation when it comes to releasing quality-films... (among them Pixar, TWC, Sony Pictures Classics and Fox Searchlight)

While others have a very bad reputation when it comes to releasing films... (ASYLUM)
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Vheid

While others have a very bad reputation when it comes to releasing films... (ASYLUM)
HAHAHAHAHA! The Asylum! Should that even count as studio? More like fan films with budgets of more than $5!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 11:22am
R.T.(15-19%):"A sitcom-level twee mess that bakes in the typical manic pixie dream girl and boring, withdrawn boy hero".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
sunshine1708 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sunshine1708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 4:37am
Great movie and great performances!
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2011 at 12:50pm
Did you just create that account in order to make that post?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12