Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on NEW YEAR'S EVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE
    Posted: December 09 2011 at 7:38am
"Shallow, sappy, and dull, the film assembles a star-studded cast for no discernible purpose."  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

New Year's Eve now has an appalling approval rating of 6% at Rotten T

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

To get back to the topic of New Year's Eve, this is the fifth movie this year that Peter Travers has given zero stars to!

Originally posted by oiram

Yearly Smith's in this. Makes me angry because I want to marry her, but now she has to be a part of Worst Ensemble.
You want to marry her because she's the voice of LISA SIMPSON, or is that a plus/minus?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 7:58am
Grrrrr. Yet again Hollywood does a remake/rip-off of a bad movie (Valentine's Day). More comments to follow soon. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 10:30am
Perhaps you need to downgrade your dreams to a simple one night stand?  LOL 

Originally posted by oiram

Yearly Smith's in this. Makes me angry because I ant to marry her, but now she has to be a part of Worst Ensemble.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 10:40am
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 11:48am
I looked up your comment on the main forum, and I can't figure out about what "wasted potential" you are talking about? I've hardly ever seen a movie where more talentless hacks come together and try to make another buck from their falling stars -- or desperately try to be exposed to any audience. Half of the people don't have any talent. Hopefully, this movie flops.

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

This movie has pretty much assembled a large all-star cast, took the talents from each member and proceeded to throw them to the wind (waste the potential talent it had*). 

*As I said on the main forum concerning all releases, this is pretty much the opposite of a certain other movie with an all-star cast that comes out the same week as 'New Year's Eve'

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 12:12pm
He was talking about TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, which he called "the opposite of NEW YEAR'S EVE".
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 7:47pm
There are ensemble movies that work, such as It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

There are others that misfire such as 1941

And then there are some so awful such as The Story of Mankind

I got a strong hunch that Screw Years Evil falls in the last category!
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2011 at 9:27pm
I thought this would be appropriate to share:

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 7:25am
New Year's Eve is flopping. Estimates for the weekend's opening keep dropping, now it's as low as $13.7 million after they were predicting an opening in the $25-30 million range and Valentine's Day had opened at $56.3 million.

I am not surprised. This movie looks like a bad TV show. In fact, it looks like The Love Boat.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 9:52am
Actually, NEW YEAR'S EVE had the worst #1 opening weekend gross in 3 years!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 5:15pm
I always thought that they could have saved some time and script-writing effort if the Love Boat  had sailed to Fantasy Island. The washed up guest stars on The Love Boat  always appeared on Fantasy Island the following week. LOL  Usually actors made an appearance on those shows when their careers were sufficiently washed up that they couldn't get a gig on Hollywood Squares or The Match Game.  

Originally posted by MR

I am not surprised. This movie looks like a bad TV show. In fact, it looks like The Love Boat.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 6:06pm
LOL, Saturn. I totally agree!  

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 8:52pm
(slow claps) Brilliant!  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I thought this would be appropriate to share:

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 10:17pm
I just saw this... Somebody.Pass.The.Brain.Bleach!  

Michelle Pfeiffer + Zac Efron = Dead 

Assface = Dead 

Razzie contender for Worst Screen Ensemble = Thumbs Up  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 12:29pm
I cannot get over this. Assface is the.worst.
I never ever want to have to suffer through a movie with him or Sandler again. EVER.
Garbage in, garbage out.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 8:51pm
I just watched this recently. Argh! 

This movie is definitely in my list for nominations. Here's why: 

The screenplay is boring and that's putting it nicely. For a movie to have more than one story each story has to be easily followed. This doesn't happen because there are too many stories. To say that the stories are half-baked is an insult to anything half-baked. These stories haven't even been put into the oven yet. 

The acting is sub-standard. Then again it's hard for any decent actor to give a convincing performance when the screenplay's stories are so small. There's little material for each actor to work on. 

Gary Marshall, the director, also directed the dreadful Valentine's Day. So it's no surprise that he also directed this trash. He made little, if any, effort to get the cast to have actual chemistry with each other. 

Grrrrr.......

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>