Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on NEW YEAR'S EVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE
    Posted: December 20 2011 at 6:46am
I just saw it.

For Your Consideration:
-Actor; Actress: No.
-Excuse For A Romantic Comedy: I'm not sure. This wasn't actually a Romantic Comedy.
-Ensemble; Director; Screenplay; Picture: Yes.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 1:54pm
SchumacherH8ter, I also tried looking for good things in this movie, but it was hard. Even the original songs suck. No, not because Jon Bon Jovi sings them, they would've sucked anyway. The only good thing I could find was that Sarah Jessica Parker didn't play CARRIE BRADSHAW again.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:57am
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 6:47pm
Time to rip into this over-stuffed pile of crap. Much like Bucky Larson, this will be a 9 worst things review. Here's the two things about the movie that didn't totally suck like a blackhole: the Zac Efron/Michelle Pfeiffer subplot (they were the two characters that I wanted to brutally murder the least) and the Seth Myers/Jessica Biel subplot (the only funny line in the movie happened during their subplot: "We have to go downstairs where cars live.")

9.) Sofia Vergara: Vergara plays Heigl's best friend and an admirer of Jon Bon Jovi's character. She's annoying in this as well as in The Smurfs. She was on the nominating ballot, but I didn't vote for her.

8.) The blooper reel: After the movie ends, we're "treated" to some "bloopers". They're less bloopers and more pranks. Like the part where Jessica Biel gives birth to... a Blu-Ray of Valentine's Day? Reminding us of better movies won't make us think your movie is better.*

7.) Sarah Jessica Parker: SJP plays the mother of Abigal Breslin. She's annoying and obnoxious.

6.) Assface Kutcher: I could go into explicite detail about how terrible Assface is as a douchey New Year's Eve hating hipster, but instead I'll make a comment that will make the film as a whole seem worse: Assface Kutcher, the worst actor working today, isn't among the five worst things about this movie!

5.) Katherine Heigl: Heigl plays a party planner with a past with Bon Jovi. Heigl's performance is on par with all her other non-Knocked Up performances: absolutely terrible!

4.) The concept: The concept of the movie ("let's stuff as many movie 'stars' as possible into one movie!") is a highly flawed one that made the makers a sh*t loud of money last Winter with Valentine's Day. Fortunately, this bombed and we're now free from these type of movies! Hopefully.

3.) Jon Bon Jovi: God, I hate Jon Bon Jovi.

2.) The script: While it's not as abombinable as Bucky Larson's, it's still horribly thin and underwritten.

1.) Garry Marshall: Marshall is a terrible director who's made terrible, terrible movies in the past. I can't say this is his worst because it doesn't have Rosie O'Donnell wearing S&M gear or Lindsay Lohan, so I'll say it's his third worst.

I do have a funny story about this movie. When I was driving home from this, New Year's Day by U2 started playing. This has happened before, like when I heard Werewolves Of London when I was driving home from Breaking Wind and Stillborn from Black Label Society when I was driving home from Jack & Jill. Grade: F

Next-up: Extremely Terrible & Incredibly Tasteless... and my NEW 10 worst movies of the year list!!!!!!!

*And yes, Valentine's Day is a better movie.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 6:42am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Katherine Heigl: Heigl plays a party planner with a past with Bon Jovi. Heigl's performance is on par with all her other non-Knocked Up performances: absolutely terrible!

Most people complained about her. You know how her character always have the same personality? This one had the same personality and job than the one in LIFE AS WE KNOW IT!
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Jon Bon Jovi: God, I hate Jon Bon Jovi.

I remember you saying that about him as a musician. Is this because only of that (since he sings in the movie) or also because of his acting?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2012 at 4:02pm
Both, he's a terrible singer and an actor!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123