Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > WRATH OF THE TITANS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' DISCUSSION of WRATH of the TITANS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' DISCUSSION of WRATH of the TITANS
    Posted: March 31 2012 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

In response to this film's trailer (that I saw when I went to see 21 Jump Street), I believe this movie will be:

Blatant exposition, noisy visual, awful dialogue, noisy visual, noisy visual, disorientating fight scene, noisy visual, more awful dialogue, noisy visual, noisy visual, noisy visual, noisy visual, more blatant exposition, noisy visual, fight scene, noisy visual, off walks Worthington, the head of Warner Bros. shouting 'WE GOTTA MAKE ANOTHER ONE!'. 

Blantant exposition                ✓
noisy visual                            ✓
awful dialogue                       ✓
disorientating fight scene     ✓✓✓
fight scene                            ✓
off walks Worthington           ✓
more noisy visual                  ✓
even more noisy visual          ✓✓

the good:
- ?

the bad:
- most performances, including Ralph Fiennes, whom I normally respect
- I thought the fire monster looked good, but it didn't need to be in slow motion all the time
- the cyclops special effects looked partly cheap
- everything that FRR said

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 9:30pm
Time for my first detailed review.

First off, the 3-D is MUCH better than last time around. That's not saying much, but still. The special effects aren't as good as the first one's, but they're still good. The last half hour had a couple of cool action in it. Not enough to save the movie though. Zeus and a now good Hades fighting together was cool and Zeus flying into Kronos was too. Mainly because the camera didn't go all shaky. Bill Nighy has a fun cameo as Hephaestus and Toby Kebbell (the only good part of The Sorcerer's Apprentice) is decent as Poseidon's bastard son.

The script for this is moronic. A few good risks, like killing off Zeus, aside it's completelt predictable. On the acting front, Edgar Ramirez is hilariously bad as Ares and Rosamond Pike is pretty stiff. Neeson and Fiennes are only here to collect paychecks.

If Sam Worthington was replaced with a mannequin in a decorative face-mask, would anyone notice? Another issue is the misogyny involving Andromeda. She's, supposedly, a battle queen, but she doesn't actually win a fight during the whole movie! But, the biggest problem is easily Jonathan Liebesman and his love affair with shaky-cam. During the fight with the minotaur, me and my dad had no idea what the Hell was going on!

I hope everyone likes the new review style. Grade: D-

Next-up: The Three Musketeers!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 10:42am
In what categories should the movie be considered?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I hope everyone likes the new review style.
Of course... as long as you still make your "Good, Bad & Ugly" and "9 Levels" every once in a while.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 11:15am
Worst Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor (Ramirez, maybe Neeson if his role in Battlesh*t is small enough and if what I heard about Taken 2 is true), Supporting Actress (Pike), Screenplay, Screen Couple/Ensemble, and Prequel, Remake, Rip-off, or Sequel.

Also, we've got the first Home-Run/Strike-Out of the year:* Liam Neeson (The Grey/Wrath Of The Titans)

*Unless you're a Hunger Games fan which means that the first is actually Wes Bentley (Hunger Games/Gone and Underworld 4) or Elizabeth Banks (Hunger Games/Man On A Ledge)
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Vits

In what categories should the movie be considered?

In unneccessary+too many noisy visuals and most disorientating fights.
But seriously, Sam Worthington should be on the longlist for WA. He doesn't make you feel for his hero at all. Completely forgettable performance.

Unlike SchumacherH8ter, I didn't like the ending with Zeus crumbling to dust. But I think there are worse scripts coming our way.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 12:04pm

Also, we've got the first Home-Run/Strike-Out of the year:* Liam Neeson (The Grey/Wrath Of The Titans)

*Unless you're a Hunger Games fan which means that the first is actually Wes Bentley (Hunger Games/Gone and Underworld 4) or Elizabeth Banks (Hunger Games/Man On A Ledge)
And Josh Hutcherson (JOURNEY 2).
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 12:14pm
mbh, it's not that I liked him crumbling into dust: the thing that I liked about it was that it was a major risk killing off a major character played by the most bankable actor in the film. About the only thing this does better than Hunger Games is that it takes risks. That and the end fight with Kronos are the only reasons why this didn't get an F.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 12:17pm
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2012 at 1:06pm

mbh, it's not that I liked him crumbling into dust: the thing that I liked about it was that it was a major risk killing off a major character played by the most bankable actor in the film. About the only thing this does better than Hunger Games is that it takes risks. That and the end fight with Kronos are the only reasons why this didn't get an F.

Agreed. And I forgot, it is definitely a contender for Worst Sequel.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 9:51am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 4:09pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 4:21pm
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2012 at 2:39pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Actor for Sam Worthington (also for MAN ON A LEDGE).
-Supp. Actor for Edgar Ramírez.
-Supp. Actress for Rosamund Pike.
-Director.
-Screenplay.
-Remake/Sequel.
-Picture.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2012 at 2:47pm
Skip to 06:39.

Any thoughts?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

"Wrath of the Titans" is currently at 46% on the Tomatometer after 13 reviews.  It's not likely to stay there.

It didn't.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 8:15pm
Let's hope Wrath of the Titans gets a worst picture and worst remake/ripoff/sequel nod and Sam Worthington gets a worst actor nod.

Unfortunately, there may be little hope of averting yet another sequel.  Wrath of the Titans' budget was $150 million, and its worldwide take was $301 million, according to Box Office Mojo.  It was profitable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12