Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 104>
Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 22 2013 at 2:25pm
As of 6:20pm/EST, there are now FOUR reviews of In-APP-propriate Comedy at RT -- and they're (surprise!) all viciously negative. Here's the LINK to see for yourself.  

BTW: It really was directed by "The Sham-WOW Guy"!!!  

Looks like we've got our "indie" Worst Picture contender early this year! 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 3:50pm
Just saw Spring Breakers...and now for something that you'd never have guessed: I think it's the best movie of the year so far. No, I'm not joking -- it actually is that good. The film reminded me a lot of Drive and there's a lot of great shots in it (and I don't mean bikini shots)! Harmony Korine makes great use of the color pink, especially during the ending. Probably the best scene in the film is when Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgens' characters rob a store to get enough money for spring break. It's shown from the perspective of Rachel Korine's character, who's waiting outside in the getaway vehicle. 

My Grade: A 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 4:28pm
I know -- It's just that there can't be 3 Worst Movies of the Week...or can there? Hmmm...  

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

I wasn't going to put up a Forum for IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY instead of G.I. JOE: RETALIATION or the Tyler Perry movie next week -- I was going to do it in advance of Friday, because I wasn't aware the film even qualified for consideration until yesterday.

Now, it's not that big of a deal if one of the 3 (or 4, if THE HOST turns out to be the worst of them) don't get an Official Forum. We know by now that a movie can still be nominated without one. But it would be better if they each got one.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Probably the best scene in the film is when Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgens' characters rob a store to get enough money for spring break.

I thought you were going to finish the sentence above with "have a 3-way!" But now that I think about it, it would've contradicted your first sentences. LOL

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2013 at 12:39pm
My prediction of THE HANGOVER PART III (skip to 05:48):

Any thoughts?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 5:57am
Okay, so I was just casually browsing the internet, and look at what I found.

Teaser trailer for Riddick... or Riddick 3 or Pitch Black 3, or whatever you wanna call it.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2013 at 5:29pm
Hmm... First few Rotten Tomatoes reviews for G.I. Joe: Retaliation were kinda positive, though then again, it's only four reviews. We might still be able to nominate it, but possibly not.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Right now (12:30pm/PST on March 25) with 9 reviews counted, G.I. JOE #2 is at 75% Positive -- Which sounds like it will most likely not be "one of ours." This Friday's Worst of the Weak is thus likely to be Tyler Perry's TEMPTATION (which looks about as original as a LIFETIME cable movie about infidelity, of which there have already been about 347)...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 4:44am
So you are doing that InAPPropriate Comedy forum, right?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: YES -- Here's the LINK for the Forum Info page on it... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 5:19pm
New news regarding the new Ninja Turtles movie: LINK

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2013 at 8:43pm
I'm really trying to get into the mood for the Turtles movie, but Megan Fox as April is such a cockblock, and Bay's involvement leaves me almost not being interested at all. It just feels like there is no way this is not going to suck -- and not in a fun way like the original movies did!  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 11:19am
There might be a Razzable movie next week. Its called Odd Thomas. It's been in the can for nearly a year and it's directed by Razzie nominee Stephen Sommers.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2013 at 12:44pm

Well, Atlas Shrugged Part III has just been confirmed. I'm torn on how to feel about i:. On one hand, the fact that this exists is both infuriating and implausible. On the other hand, they might be able to finally win a Razzie this time! http://www.avclub.com/articles/producers-of-atlas-shrugged-movies-stand-up-for-se,95476/

EDIT: Apparently, today is "announce movies that'll piss of SchumacherH8ter" day because Katherine Heigl has signed to appear in a movie produced by Richard Kelly. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61656
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 7:12am
G.I. JOE's R.T. rating has been going down from 70 to 50%, but I think it's still out of Razzie territory. Meanwhile, there are still NO reviews for TEMPTATION or THE HOST, so either of them could deserve a Forum.

The Kids Choice Awards only just aired here last night (which is why I didn't comment on them on Sunday). I agree with very few of the winners. The show was unmemorable, even by its low standards. Nothing against Josh Duhamel, but he doesn't seem to cut out for hosting. He wasn't a bad host, he just... Well, he was basically just "there."

There's also the Empire Awards, where SKYFALL won Best Film. What's odd is that it didn't win Best British Film(?). The biggest surprises were THE WOMAN IN BLACK for Best Horror (I thought people had forgotten that movie by now), Martin Freeman for Best Actor, and, Jennifer Lawrence for Best Actress (the surprise being that she won for THE HUNGER GAMES instead of SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK).  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 8:25am
Coul G.I. Joe #2 still be up for acting nods, if the actors from it were in oother movies that could be considered more Razzie worthy??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It's possible, but I haven't seen any reviews specifically taking the actors in it to task -- In fact, I've noticed a few that actually give kudos to "The Rock" for "saving" the G.I. JOE franchise...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 11:26am
This actually might be The Rock's best year, admittedly.

Originally posted by HeadRAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: It's possible, but I haven't seen any reviews specifically taking the actors in it to task -- In fact, I've noticed a few that actually give kudos to "The Rock" for "saving" the G.I. JOE franchise...

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 2:05pm
Oooohh, G.I. Joe Retaliation is now getting closer to what the last movie was, as it is now at a 42%.

Meanwhile, The Host's first reviews started the movie off at a low 20%.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2013 at 5:56pm
Razzie Field Day is almost upon us.  Three potential candidates are being released this week: "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," "The Host," and "Temptation."  What will critics say about them?  Which ones will make money and which ones will lose money?  Can any of them achieve some degree of notoriety?  These answers are not yet set in stone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 104>