Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: April 15 2013 at 8:33am
Just to clarify, I was just joking about ShumacherH8er hating the Hunger Games series thus far. And, no, it's not that I angrily disagree. I just thought it would be a funny joke among us forum members. SchumacherH8ter is entitled to have his own opinion. 

Of course I agree that Grown Ups 2 does look pretty bad, but to me personally, it looks bad in that boring "oh, whatever" kind of way, not insanely stupid like Jack & Jill or vulgarly offensive like That's My Boy. 

HeadRazz also forgot to mention three other credentials: One time Razzie nominee Salma Hayek is back as Sandler's character's wife, multiple Razzie nominee Nick Swardson pops up, apparently replacing Rob Schneider (I have a feeling Sandler and Schneider got into a fight and that is why he has been absent the past few movies), and there is Worst New Star and Worst Actor nominee (and technically Razzie "winner" since he had a cameo in Jack & Jill), Shaq, as a cop.  

Oh, one more thing, Arnold Schwarzenegger's son Patrick, no joke, is also in Grown Ups 2 (as one of Lautner's friends). Again, are we sure we don't want to bring back Worst New Star?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 12:41pm
The July Criterion releases were announced. Kenji Mizoguchi's The Life Of Oharu, Gabirel Axel's Babette's Feast, and Guillermo del Toro's awesomely spooky The Devil's Backbone* are the new releases and Peter Brooks' version of Lord Of The Flies and Ang Lee's The Ice Storm are getting Blu-Ray re-releases. LINK: http://www.criterion.com/library/expanded_view?f=1&s=release_date (Scroll to the bottom)

*It's spine number is 666.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 2:07pm
Say, I just had a thought. Are we getting a forum this week? Or is this another break time? I ask because next week we see the release of Pain& Gain, starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and directed by Michael Bay. It is "based on a true story" (Something Michael Bay did SO WELL in the past*), but that true story does not seem like it is being told correctly. However, there another movie that looks to be a major stinker, and that is The Big Wedding, which believe it or not, is a remake of a French movie. It has an all star cast of Robert de Niro, Katherine Heigl (The queen of Horrendous Rom-Coms), Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon, Amanda Serfried, Topher Grace, Ben Barnes, and Robin Williams. The plot is s*** you'd see on a sitcom and it doesn't feel like anything extraordinary, except for many the people starring in it. Plus, let us not forget that this was to come out last year, but like other films before it, fled like a coward to THIS year.

Maybe The Big Wedding is the movie we should make a forum on a week early.

*If you could not tell, that was sarcasm.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 4:23pm
I'm morbidly fascinated with Pain And Gain. It looks like a completely balls-out insane film, like Bay's previous film Bad Boys II -- a very shameful guilty pleasure of mine (mainly because of the Cuba scenes, they made no God damn sense, but they're so dumb I was laughing). And The Big Wedding looks like a bland, monotonous piece of crap.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 4:54pm
Right, but UNLIKE Bad Boys II, Pain & Gain is based on ACTUAL events, and Michael Bay is known for screwing true stories up before. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 5:14pm
That trailer for CATCHING FIRE premiered last night at the 2013 MTV Movie Awards. Here's the list of winners. As I said before, the winners just couldn't be wrong... and they weren't.
Originally posted by oiram

Say, I just had a thought. Are we getting a forum this week? Or is this another break time?
We did get a forum: THE LORDS OF SALEM.

As for next week, I think it will depend on reviews. You see, PAIN & GAIN would be a lock-in if Dwayne Johnson and Mark Wahlberg were nominated, but they aren't in consideration right now for G.I. JOE and BROKEN CITY. And they both have one more movie coming out this year.

THE BIG WEDDING (yes Oiram, it is a remake of a French movie) has a lot of Razzie winners, nominees and repeat offenders. Specially Robert DeNiro. Just when you thought he was "back" with SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, he comes back to this type of movie. Months ago (before S.L.P. came out), he was in JoBlo's Movie Jail poll, and the concensus was that he has done too many good movies that they obscure the bad ones. Not for me. While he was nominated in the past, it was for Worst Couple for SHOWTIME. I think he's long overdue for an acting Razzie. However... well, the movie could be good.

So, I'd prefer a forum for THE BIG WEDDING on either Sunday or Monday, and then wait for reviews and maybe give PAIN & GAIN a forum on Thursday or Friday.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 5:57pm
Speaking of Pain & Gain, new clip talking about a Christian rock group:

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 6:45pm
Apparently, Bay experienced a lot of "executive meddling" while making Pearl Harbor. He just wanted to make a movie about the Pearl Harbor attack. The studio (and Randall Wallace) added the love story to try and imitate Titanic's success. Interestingly, the Pearl Harbor scenes were the only scenes in the movie that I liked... 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 6:51pm
If you watch my comments on PEARL HARBOR (which I just posted yesterday) you'll see that my thoughts are the opposite of yours.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

the Pearl Harbor scenes were the only scenes in the movie that I liked.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 1:49pm
Triple post, I know. I'm sorry, but I had to bring this up: Danny Woodburn (who you might remember from Seinfeld among other things) is cast as Splinter. Hmm...interesting?? 

EDIT: Just saw the new Man of Steel trailer: Is it just me, or does anyone else think Michael Shannon is going to ham it up?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 5:44pm
That would be a first!  LOL 

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Michael Shannon is going to ham it up?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 7:47am
New releases here: EVIL DEAD*, ARBITRAGE, THE PASSION OF MICHELANGELO** and ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH. What should I do? 

Also, sequels to THE CROODS and PITCH PERFECT have been announced. I haven't seen either yet -- Are these good news? 

*The original was banned in Chile (and several other countries), so most Chileans don't know it's a remake. Luckily, the posters say "A new version from the creators of the classic." 

**Based on an event that really happened in 1983, about a Chilean teenager who claimed that he could see and talk to the Virgin Mary

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 3:08pm
OK, I've got more movie news, so try and keep up: Jerry Bruckheimer has confirmed he'll be producing BAD BOYS 3, NATIONAL TREASURE 3 and PIRATES 5. 

There's also going to be a 21 JUMP STREET sequel, a WEIRD SCIENCE remake, a PEANUTS adaptation in 3D, and, a reality show seeking to find Chinese actors who will be cast in TRANSFORMERS 4.

trailer for the Ryan Reynolds/Jeff Bridges movie, R.I.P.D.

[Cough]MEN IN BLACK rip-off.[Cough]
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 6:42pm
HEDZ UP from Head RAZZberry: This week's Worst of the Weak pick is Rob Zombie's LORDS OF SALEM. Here's the LINK to the Forum Info page for it (BTW: I'm especially pleased with the Foto Funny I did for it - LINK). 

As for next week, I'm not sure if Michael Bay's PAIN & GAIN (which may have some RAZZIE potential) will be "bad enough" to take the Worst of the Weak title from the April 26th release I'm hearing the most bad word-of-mouth about, BIG WEDDING... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 8:05pm
May I ask what about Pain & Gain makes it look like its not going to be "bad enough?" The director got nominated for Worst Director four times, won one of them, and has made a sucky "true" story before.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2013 at 9:03pm
I can't speak for HeadRAZZ, but I assume that it's less him thinking Pain And Gain looks good and more him thinking that The Big Wedding looks worse. Pain And Gain has a shot at being so bad it's good. The Big Wedding looks so banal that it could induce comas in older audience members.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 104>