Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: June 30 2013 at 10:02am
At this point, I only see The Lone Ranger getting a Worst Remake, Rip off or Sequel nomination. I'll have to see it first before actually making any other nomination predictions.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 12:29pm
Today's the last day of June and the half-way point of the year. To celebrate this (and the fact that my brother is visiting this week, so I won't have time for reviews) here's my list of the best and worst films so-far. Here's the best list:

10.) Fast And Furious 6: Is the film very dumb? Yes. Is it entertaining as Hell? Also, yes. Probably the best of the Fast And Furious series succeds at being fun without becoming so dumb that it's insulting. Grade: B

9.) Warm Bodies: When I first heard this film, I thought it was going to be a prime Razzie target. A love story with zombies? Then I saw the trailer and, to my shock, it looked good. Then I saw it and it was good. Grade: B

8.) Upside Down: (Note: technically, this is a 2012 release, but it didn't get a US release until this year. If you don't think that it should be counted, then just push Fast And Furious and Warm Bodies up a point and put Oz: The Great And Powerful at 10.) This has a shockingly low score of 28% at RottenTomatoes, but I actually really like it. Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst give good performances and they have great chemistry together. Grade: B+

7.) Side Effects: Much like last year's Haywire, Steven Soderbergh had the first really good movie of the year. Side Effects is an interesting psycho-sexual thriller. Grade: B+

6.) This Is The End: Easily the funniest movie of the year so-far, Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg's brutal satire of celebrities features actors playing insane parodies of themselves. Grade: B+

5.) Iron Man 3: It's not as good as the first Iron Man, but it's stil better than the last one. Robert Downey, Jr. is still in fine form and Gwyneth Paltrow has more interesting things to do this time around. And the reveal of the Mandarin was well-told. Grade: B+

4.) Man Of Steel: Yes, another "rotten" rated movie shows up on my best list. I don't care what anyone else said, I still really like this film. Henry Cavill and Amy Adams have great chemistry and as for anyone who's still complaining about Superman killing Zod remember that the same thing happened in Superman II, except Superman wasn't morally conflicted afterwards. Grade: A-

3.) Star Trek Into Darkness: I know that I said this was the best movie of the year, when I first saw it, but re-watching, I realized I may have oversold, especially since a movie I saw before it is now ahead of it on my list. Still, I stand by the grade I gave it. Benedict Cumberbatch is great as "John Harrison" and the action scenes, barring some shaky-cam, are exciting. Grade: A

2.) Spring Breakers: When I gave this film a rave when it came out numerous people (both online and in real life) were dumb-founded. People who wanted a simple boozy, booby movie were left angry over the film's critique of that lifestyle, but that's what makes it so great. The film's an angry middle finger to people who just want to party and do drugs and nothing else, showing them as sociopaths. Grade: A

1.) Before Midnight: It might seem too soon to name a film I saw less than five days ago the best film of the year so far, but Before Midnight is a bona-fide masterpiece. The Before movies only get better and better. Maybe if Before Afternoon is released in 2022, it'll make my top 100. Grade: A+

Other 2013 films I liked: Oz: The Great And Powerful, Evil Dead, Pain And Gain, Oblivion, World War Z, The Last Stand. Now, for my worst list:

10.) Dark Skies: Scott Stewart's latest crap-fest lacks Paul Bettany, but it's just as dumb as his other films. Blatantly ripping-off Signs (there's a scene where the family's eating dinner that's disgustingly stolen from the film), the film features a twist that's blindingly easy to see from a mile away. Grade: C

9.) Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters: Most bad movies have minimal plot, but this one has too much plot! The scenes where the duo are killing witches are entertaining, but the story is deadingly dull. Grade: C

8.) Broken City: I could go into details about how much I disliked the film and how bad the acting is, but I'll just say this instead: I'd rather re-watch a movie called Hansel And Gretel: Witch Hunters than this one which features Oscar winners. Grade: C

7.) The Hangover Part III: It's not a derivative piece of crap like the last one. This one's just a regular piece of crap. Featuring painfully bad performances from Ken Jeong and Zach Galifianikis, I'm glad this franchise is over. Grade: C

6.) Texas Chainsaw 3D: Was anyone asking for this movie? Seriously, I'm wondering. It's not as bad as the Michael Bay-produced prequel our the abombination known as Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, but it's still an utter bore with crappy acting. Grade: D+

5.) The Last Exorcism Part II: Sporting one of the dumbest titles of the year, this sequel lacks the best part from the last one: Patrick Fabian as a charleton exorcist. Without him, the film is anchored on Ashley Bell, who gives a crappy lead performance. Grade: D+

4.) A Good Day To Die Hard: Unlike the other films on this list, this had potential to be good. This makes it the most infuriating. John McClane is turned from an everyman into a Goddamn superhero! Grade: D

3.) The Call: This film appears to be set in an alternate universe where people never get fired. Halle Berry's character should have been fired for inadvertedly getting a girl killed. Featuring some of the dumbest characters in recent history (especially Christerphor Moltisanti as an incredibly dumb passer-by) The Call is a bore that only escaped an F grade thanks to some unintentional humor thanks to the villain's hair fetish. Grade: D-

2.) A Haunted House: Remember when parodies were funny? What the f*ck happened? This Marlon Wayans vehicle is getting a sequel because God is an angry asshole. The only thing saving this from an F are the fact that it could be considered an actual parody instead of pastich of references and Cedric The Entertainer as bored priest. Especially painful are David Koechner as a racist and Nick Swardson as an unfunny gay stereotype. Grade: D-

1.) Identity Thief: The most horrifying thing about this movie (other than its disgustingly undeserved box-office success) was how it's seemingly structured after an Adam Sandler movie. We've got an unlikable protagonist (played by Melissa McCarthy, who's very, very, very deserving of a Worst Actress Razzie) who acts like a douche for most of the running-time and then a stomach-turning attempt being heartwarming happens and we're supposed to like her. We discover that she never knew her real parents and had a crappy childhood and that's why she steals identities. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. People who've never known their parents and had crappy childhoods don't automatically turn into douchey thieves. But, the absolute worst scene is where a couple of people working at a department story are making fun of her for her looks and we're supposed to feel sorry for her. This wouldn't be so bad, but virtually half of the jokes are about how funny she looks. If I wasn't in a crowded room when I saw it, I would have thrown something at the screen. Grade: F

Other 2013 films I didn't like: G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Gangster Squad, Mama.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 12:57pm
You have not seen horrible until you see Movie 43 and InAPPropriate Comedy.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2013 at 3:38pm
Just realized my post below sounded weird. What I meant to say was that McCarthy should maybe get a single "conjoined" nomination for both movies, rather than getting 2 separate nominations as Worst Actress and Worst Supporting Actress. 

Originally posted by Vits

Since THE HEAT got good reviews and I haven't read negative comments about Melissa McCarthy's acting in IDENTITY THIEF or THE HANGOVER PART III, I think she should be in consideration for Worst Actress.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2013 at 6:50pm
So, it has been confirmed that the Fifty Shades of Grey movie will be getting a 2014 release. August 1st, to be exact.

With this in mind, I think we can all agree with what will win Worst Picture for the 35th Golden Raspberry Awards.

Also want to let you guys know that I'm on a vacation for the week and internet connections here are shoddy at best, so don't be surprised if I am not posting as much.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 10:26am
Okay, I have a question, I can currently rent two movies that which are going to be released theatrically in the U.S. within the next couple of months.
One is Brian DePalma's lesbian thriller Passion starring Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace, which currently sits at 25% on RT link and will be released on the 30th of August. link
The other is the horrorfilm All the Boys Love Mady Lane starring Amber Heard which after being bought by the Weinsteins seven years ago will finally find it's release in American cinema's on the 11th of October. link
My question is, do any of these movies have future Razzie-prospects and if so should i rent them?

Originally posted by oiram

Also want to let you guys know that I'm on a vacation for the week and internet connections here are shoddy at best, so don't be surprised if I am not posting as much.

Were are you going?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 10:39am
I am already at Tennessee. Made this message through my Android.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Okay, I have a question, I can currently rent two movies that which are going to be released theatrically in the U.S. within the next couple of months.
One is Brian DePalma's lesbian thriller Passion starring Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace, which currently sits at 25% on RT link and will be released on the 30th of August. link
The other is the horrorfilm All the Boys Love Mady Lane starring Amber Heard which after being bought by the Weinsteins seven years ago will finally find it's release in American cinema's on the 11th of October. link
My question is, do any of these movies have future Razzie-prospects and if so should i rent them?
MANDY LANE was Jonathan Levine's 1st movie, so it's probably as good as the ones he made afterwards. I saw the French movie PASSION is based on, and it looks like Brian DePalma took away all the subtlety that made it great in order to over-sexualize the story. I think the latter will be bad.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 2:54pm
There are three movies that are limited releases that I think will be big Razzie nominees. Passion is one of them, because what more can you expect from the Razzies "favorite" director?

The second one is the new Nicolas Cage movie, which could end up being another movie that 50 Cent could be nominated for.

The third one is The Canyons. It is supposed to be Lindsay Lohan's comeback film, but hearing more about it, it seems more likely to be a big disaster.

Originally posted by Vheid

One is Brian DePalma's lesbian thriller Passion starring Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace, which currently sits at 25% on RT link and will be released on the 30th of August.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 3:16pm
Poor Lindsay just can't catch a break can't she?
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 7:38pm
Oiram, so should i rent Passion then?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 3:50am
Go ahead and rent/see it, no one's stopping you, Vheid.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 9:04am
The fact that the 4th of July is the American Independence Day is a well-known fact around the world. I guess that's why one of the new releases here is OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN? The other releases are SILENT HILL PART 2: REVELATION, and of course, DESPICABLE ME PART 2. What should I do?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 12:11pm
Silent Hill 2 was pretty bad. Despicable Me 2, on the other hand, was just OK. I saw it with my niece and nephew today. Grade: B
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 1:41pm
Here is an interesting article on signs that a movie could be a flop: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/8-tell-tale-signs-movie-could-flop-192809877.html?cache=clear
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Here is an interesting article on signs that a movie could be a flop: http://movies.yahoo.com/news/8-tell-tale-signs-movie-could-flop-192809877.html?cache=clear

L.O.L. at #4!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 104>