Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: August 15 2013 at 4:28pm
To Vits: And if HeadRAZZ votes NO on the motion to starting "official" forums for Kick-A** 2, Paranoia, and/or jOBS, I've set a deadline of August 28 before I will set up Member Started forums for them. We need more and stronger contenders than that mixed review fest We're the Millers!

To all else: As you probably haven't noticed yet, my signature is now dedicated to films that I could recommend for nominations, but have no forums despite strongly negative reviews. I decided I would give HeadRAZZ a really generous amount of time to get around to them before initiating the full discussions, but it seems like he's mysteriously stepped back on the new contenders this month. Back in the winter, HeadRAZZ was busy with preparing the Worst of 2012 RAZZIE nominations and ceremonies, and we the forum members took over on adding new contenders for 2013. But I'm starting to think another one of those times is now. If it means bad films can get as close to their own forum as they deserve, I'd be eager to lend a hand. I already have text set up, ready to copy and paste, for Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters and Planes this Saturday (August 17). I will give just under 2 more weeks to create forums for tomorrow's three bad films with a preliminary deadline of August 28. Some time tonight, I'll have text ready in case HeadRAZZ doesn't start any more threads this week, and if enough of you try to convince me (or better yet, HeadRAZZ himself, agrees to it) I'll post some new Member  Started forums much sooner -- Perhaps as soon as tonight. 
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 6:10pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The only one of the titles GTAHater mentions above that I'm seriously considering doing an Offical Forum Discussion for is PARANOIA (which, if it retains its current 4% Positive R.T. Rating, will supplant GROWN UPS #2 as Summer 2013's Worst-Reviewed Major Movie - LINK). If I have the time, I'd like to have that Forum up by the end of this weekend.

Regarding PLANES and PERCY JACKSON #2, feel free to go ahead on those whenever you're ready. 

As for JOBS and KICK ASS 2, I am still vacillating  as to whether either of them deserve Official Forums, but I expect to have my mind made up soon... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 6:16pm
GTA: SchumacherH8er already called "dibs" on a forum for KICK-ASS PART 2.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2013 at 7:20pm
I'm back from Kick-Ass 2 and it's incredibly disappointing, but I sort of liked it. It's not as good as the first Kick-Ass, but it's not 27% at RT worthy. 

My Grade: B-

Also, the Sandy Hook-esque scene is thankfully not in the film. Also not in the film is the horrible, horrible scene that I've complained about for months. However, the filmmakers did threaten to do the scene, but they were sane enough to not do it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 1:23pm
I saw it too, I know what you're talking about, the rape scene. They instead made a joke out of it.

Though you have to admit, despite omitting those scenes, it was still more violent and cruder than the first film.

There were a bunch of points I went "OHH! OW!"
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 3:58pm
Normally, I'd be mad about them making a joke about a subject like that, but considering how horrific the scene from the comic is, it didn't bother me as much.

One terrible aspect from the Kick-Ass 2 comic that's happily absent from the film that I forgot to mention is that Colonel Stars And Stripes' dog doesn't survive the Motherf*cker's first attack. 

To its credit, the film goes out of its way to avoid this from happening.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2013 at 4:10pm
FYI from Head RAZZberry: The Official Forum on PARANOIA is up-and-running. 

Here's the direct LINK to our Members' Discussion of it, and here's the LINK for the Foto Funny...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 12:15pm
Because of the Worst Actor poll, I'm guessing PARANOIA has been "moved" to be the Worst Leftover Movie. That means there can still be a forum for a movie next week, right? THE WORLD'S END, THE FROZEN GROUND and YOU'RE NEXT are all getting good reviews, so that only leaves THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS. Well, I think we were gonna consider it anyway, because it doesn't look like a good movie.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 2:05pm
Frozen Ground is getting good reviews? Wow!

What about leftovers for one or maybe both of the other movies? I know HeadRAZZ has the ability to do three in a week.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2013 at 6:41pm
Are critics too harsh? Or are audiences too forgiving? This article tries to answer that.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 3:56pm
Did you know it's been a year since Tony Scott died?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 4:14pm
According to this article, JAWS 3D is an under-rated masterpiece. It also says it's the worst of the JAWS saga. I thought the 4th one was the worst??  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 4:25pm
I had a question: if the Academy Awards changed their rules about nominating films that are released OnDemand the same day that they're released in theaters, would the Razzies follow suit?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since we base our rules on those of the AMPAS, were they to alter their rules, we would of course follow suit. However, I doubt they will ever change their "theatrical release prior to cable debut" rule, as it would arguably make made-for-cable features (and literally hundreds of other non-theatrical titles) eligible... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 4:47pm
Haji passed away. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I tried "Googling" the term "Haji" just now and came up with nothing relevant to film. Who (or what?) is the "Haji" you are meaning to memorialize?? 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2013 at 8:25pm
I think Oiram is referring to Haji, the star of Faster, Pussycat! Kill Kill! (LINK)...   
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2013 at 2:03pm
I just found out that the author of the Mortal Instruments series used to be a fan fiction writer, doing the Draco Trilogy, based on Harry Potter, and The Very Secret Diaries, based on Lord of the Rings.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 104>