Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: September 18 2013 at 2:09pm
If you haven't seen FLIGHT nor SIDE EFFECTS, then don't read this article about misleading trailers.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 9:39am
New releases here: AU GALOP, and, THIS IS 40. What should I do?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 12:36pm
This is 40, but you can also stay home if you want.

Hmmm... Baggage Claim, eh? Not to say it won't be bad, but with the contenders out already and are going to come, its going to be lost in the shuffle. Maybe Paula Patton for Worst Actress, but even that race is pretty tight right now. And I don't think it really looks like a Tyler Perry movie. What about the black-filled movies that were made BEFORE Tyler Perry was even doing work?

Besides, Runner Runner, and that Metallica movie might also be Razzie worthy.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: So far, BAGGAGE CLAIM is only up as a Foto Funny (LINK) because its caption/joke is related to our current Worst of the Weak pick BATTLE OF THE YEAR (LINK). But I must say, based on TV spots I've seen for "UNCLAIMED BAGGAGE" it sure looks to me like a Tyler Perry knock-off (WHY DID I GET...ON THIS PLANE) -- and it seems to have berry little on its mind, besides hoping to make a quick buck (just like most of Perry's movies)... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 4:56pm
Guys, tomorrow I'll travel to Eastern Island (for the first time). I'll probably use my computer once a day, and even then, I don't know if I'll post something here. But I'll still be checking the forums.

The worst part of this travel is that there's no cable there. Anywhere. So I'll miss the Emmys.
Cry

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 5:57pm
You're acting like missing the Emmys is a bad thing.

Also, my first day at the internship went great.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 6:12pm
Cool. So what cha going to do, SchumacherH8ter?

Sorry to hear you'll miss the Emmys, Vits -- Wish you safe travel.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 7:19pm
I greet the guests who come on to the show, take them to the green room, and then I take them to the set shortly before their segments start.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2013 at 8:10pm
My newest review is "The Lonely Lady," winner of 6 1983 Razzie Awards. I hope everyone will leave feedback on the review. I had heard this movie was so bad it never got a DVD Release... ouch!

Here's the LINK to read my review... 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 9:41am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: The massive blow-back from the embarrassing failure of this summer's imploding "tent-pole" turkey LONE RANGER (Forum LINK) continues -- Dizz-Knee and RANGER producer Jerry Bruckheimer have announced that when their long-term "first look" deal expires in 2014, it will not be renewed. The studio explained that existent franchises (such as PIRATES and NATIONAL TREASURE) will not be affected, but the decision leaves Bruckheimer without a studio deal in the immediate wake of a flop so huge that studio estimates of its losses run as high as $190 million. 

Here's the LINK to read the L.A. Times' coverage of the situation... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 12:43pm
To oiram: I underestimated how bad Battle of the Year could be! It's down to a 7% approval rating. Alas, this week will be even more confusing, as Baggage Claim competes with Runner Runner and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. But Metallica Through the Never probably stands no chance because concert films haven't gotten panned by critics in a long time.

To moviecritic1994: It's easy for me to forget The Lonely Lady lost Worst Picture of the Decade to Mommie Dearest in 1990. If it's as bad as you say, then I'm not alone in that wishful thinking.

To SchumacherH8ter: Sounds very dignified. I daresay you're making it in the industry! But I have to admit, I wasn't expecting you to weigh near 200 lbs. I was expecting more like 150.

To Vits: If you're missing the Emmy awards, you aren't missing much. The only category I pay attention to is Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less Than One Hour) which South Park is routinely nominated in.

To HeadRAZZBerry: I won't miss Jerry Bruckheimer much, except for having a few less contenders for our awards. But this proves that The Lone Ranger '013 is a thousand times worse than John Carter

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2013 at 4:22pm
To GTAHater767: I've actually gained more weight since that was filmed.

On a general note, I saw Lee Daniel's The Butler today. It was pretty good with one massive exception: John Cusack as Richard Nixon. If his role wasn't a "glorified cameo," I'd call for a Worst Supporting Actor nomination. 

My Grade: B+
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 6:36pm
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 6:55pm
The fact it has backers at all is not a good sign.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2013 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The producers of Atlas Shrugged Part III are begging for money on KickStarter. That would be like going on Social Security and Medicare when you're sick when you've spent your whole career criticizing that sort of thing.

The only reason I could ever hope for that Kickstarter campaign to succeed would be to add more RAZZberries to our harvest in whichever year it may get released. Knowing that Atlas Shrugged Part I dodged the '011 RAZZIES, and Atlas Shrugged Part II got a few runner-up nominations in the '012 RAZZIES, I infer that subsequent Atlas Shrugged films will only get RAZZed more. If they fund and finish the third one, Ayn Rand's half-century late trilogy could finally make it big in the history of bad cinema by winning a few of our awards!

But that'll probably be a couple years down the line. In fact, I bet The Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence) beats it out the gate by at least a year and a half! As for the next few weeks, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 and Machete Kills, of course, have no reviews yet. In predicting how critics will grade them, there's not much to go off of. Machete got a B from critics back in the summer of 2010, and this sequel might get a C or D, probably not a F since it only got pushed back one month. The first Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs got about 7 or 8 out of 10 from critics back in late 2009, so the second could be great or awful. As for Baggage Claim, it's tied 1 to 1 on Rotten T, with two reviews (30% and 40%) at Metacritic so far. At this rate, it could get an F, probably will get a D, but almost certainly not higher. October 18 is gonna be fun: Carrie [remake] and the Stallone and Schwarzenegger collaboration Escape Plan!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 3:53am
GTAHater, Atlas Shrugged 3 and Human Centipede 3 still have to compete with Fifty Shades of Grey.

And Machete Kills does have a few reviews. Look back at Rotten Tomatoes.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 7:12am
A slight mess up. Runner Runner is actually coming out NEXT week.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 104>