Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: September 29 2013 at 2:51pm
In case you missed my post, moviecritic1994, I suggested you review ParaNorman.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2013 at 3:21pm
I will get right on it Oriam.

Anyway, I just posted a new video asking a really debatable question: Is Alice in Wonderland a Masterpiece? LINK
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 8:16am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: This morning's L.A. Times has the first of what we're sure will be numerous articles handicapping the race for Those Other Awards (aka The Giving Out of the Little Gold Naked Men). The (still unreleased) title they're prematurely touting as having "Oscar Buzz" is Leonardo diCaprio in WOLF OF WALL STREET, directed by Martin Scorsese. One "small" problem: The movie may not be finished in time for 2013 release...

Here's the LINK to read the entire Times article... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 9:06am
oiram, what's it gonna take for you to include RZA in your Worst Supporting Actor list for his ATROCIOUS performance in the GI Joe sequel? Also, Mary-Louise Parker (Red 2 AND R.I.P.D.) and Kate Hudson (The Reluctant Fundementalist) were far worse Supporting Actresses than Kate Winslet and Elizabeth Banks (and just about anyone else on your list) were...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 9:11am
He was on there, but had to remove him to make room for Chris Brown.

Originally posted by The Larch

oiram, what's it gonna take for you to include RZA in your Worst Supporting Actor list for his ATROCIOUS performance in the GI Joe sequel? Also, Mary-Louise Parker (Red 2 AND R.I.P.D.) and Kate Hudson (The Reluctant Fundementalist) were far worse Supporting Actresses than Kate Winslet and Elizabeth Banks (and just about anyone else on your list) were...
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 3:59pm
I just saw THE ROAST OF JAMES FRANCO. It was hilarious... but now I'm sad. Seeing Franco making fun of all the bad things people say about him (including his Oscar hosting gig and his Razzie-nominated performance in YOUR HIGHNESS) means we can't make fun of him anymore.

Dario Argento's DRACULA 3D has started off at 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. Should we pay attention to it?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2013 at 4:38pm
I vote yes. Another remake to nominate.

And wow, there's another Dracula movie starring Luke Evans that's coming out next year!  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2013 at 5:24am
Something interesting that just popped up: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 8:04am
New releases here: THE HEAT, DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF THE GODS, LE HAVRE, and, THE COMPANY YOU KEEP. What should I do?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 8:25am
Wow, that DBZ movie is getting a theatrical release in Chile? That's surprising.

Anyways, I say see The Heat, and if you have time, see Battle of the Gods too.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 2:08pm
Despite Argento's Dracula 3-D not starring even one actor that anyone in America is familiar with, this could make an excellent curveball to serve the fans of our awards with! 

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any of those four films to you, except maybe The Heat, but in the end, none of those four are in the race for the Top & Bottom 40 Films of '013.

As for next week (October 11), what would you say are the odds that Machete Kills' reviews continue to sink, and thus earn a forum?

P.S. If I were ever to get a comedy roast, I would want it to have a "spit-roast campfire in the woods" theme.  

EDIT: Because it's too little for its own post: No, I haven't seen the films you've asked about. None of the reviews on any of them stood out, Dragonball Z: Battle of the Gods wouldn't qualify for any awards to my knowledge, I don't know anything about specifically Chilean cinema, I've only ever heard a passing reference to The Company You Keep, and The Heat was the only one with remotely good reviews (C+/B-).

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 4:11pm
It's actually the first DRAGON BALL movie (animated at least) to get a theatrical release here in over 10 years. And so far, I think only 3 of the 18 movies have gotten it.

Anime had a bigger impact in Latinamerican culture than in American culture. And it has a lot to do with dubbing. Not trying to insult anyone, but American dubbing of foreign films has been critized for decades. I've noticed that a lot of times (specially with Asian movies), the voice-over actors exagerate too much and it feels like they're not taking the movie seriously. The voice-actors here actually act. They put emotion into it, no matter how silly the story may seem (and animes can get pretty silly).

Well, I don't need to tell you this. Isn't the bad dubbing one of the reasons why you nominated PINNOCHIO?

Originally posted by oiram

Wow, that DBZ movie is getting a theatrical release in Chile? That's surprising.

What about Rutger Hauer?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Argento's Dracula 3-D not starring even one actor that anyone in America is familiar with

So you've seen them already?

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any of those four films to you, except maybe The Heat, but in the end, none of those four are in the race for the Top & Bottom 40 Films of '013.

Big odds. Just like with Rodriguez' FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and PIRANHA 3D, movies like this are jokes on purpose that get old the 2nd time.

As for next week (October 11), what would you say are the odds that Machete Kills' reviews continue to sink, and thus earn a forum?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2013 at 4:25pm
There are tons of people in America who like anime, even if some of it is dubbed. Why else are there anime conventions?  

Originally posted by Vits

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">It's actually the first DRAGON BALL movie (animated at least) to get a theatrical release here in over 10 years. And so far, I think only 3 of the 18 movies have gotten it.

Anime had a bigger impact in Latinamerican culture than in American culture. And it has a lot to do with dubbing. Not trying to insult anyone, but American dubbing of foreign films has been critized for decades. I've noticed that a lot of times (specially with Asian movies), the voice-over actors exagerate too much and it feels like they're not taking the movie seriously. The voice-actors here actually act. They put emotion into it, no matter how silly the story may seem (and animes can get pretty silly).

Well, I don't need to tell you this. Isn't the bad dubbing one of the reasons why you nominated PINNOCHIO?
Originally posted by oiram

I think it was more that they did not know how to do it right than it was people being tired.

Originally posted by Vits

Big odds. Just like with Rodriguez' FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and PIRANHA 3D, movies like this are jokes on purpose that get old the 2nd time.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2013 at 7:55am
Machete Kills is at 25% at the moment. Boy, do I smell a forum soon.

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 1:50am
If Machete Kills does get some kind of Razzie attention, can we please leave Lady Gaga alone?    

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 8:15am
Yesterday at the Syracuse Film Festival was great. Schumacher screened Falling Down and had a quick Q & A afterwards. After seeing him speak, I'm not sure if I can hate him anymore. He gave nice answers, and wasn't rude to anyone. He has a great sense of humor, especially about himself. That screening ran from 7 P.M. to between 9 and 10.  

After him was Adam Green and Joe Lynch. They were awesome guys and I even got an autograph from them. They screened Green's Frozen (in 35mm), and episode of their FearNet show Holliston, this short film called Truth In Journalism that Lynch made this year starring Ryan Kwanten from True Blood, and Lynch's Wrong Turn 2. Their was a drinking game involed with Wrong Turn 2: take a drink whenever: 20th Century Fox is mentioned, a hillbilly mutant appears, Henry Rollins smolders, and drink twice when entrails are spilled.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 104>