Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: October 12 2013 at 12:50pm
Well, good news for Charlie Hunnam fans: He is no longer starring in Fifty Shades of Grey.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/12/charlie-hunnam-fifty-shades-of-grey/
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 4:37pm
I really hope Hunnam wasn't fired because of the fans' response. Yes, the article says it's because of the scheduling conflicts with SONS OF ANARCHY. But don't they usually check that before hiring the actor?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2013 at 4:39pm
Or maybe Hunnam read the script and said to himself "Oh, HELL NO!"

Originally posted by Vits

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">I really hope Hunnam wasn't fired because of the fans' response. Yes, the article says it's because of the scheduling conflicts with SONS OF ANARCHY. But don't they usually check that before hiring the actor?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 7:47am
The scheduling conflicts excuse for Hunnam dropping out sounds like spin as they knew his schedule before he signed on.

He may have dropped out because he may have realized that this movie can end up being another Showgirls.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 9:25am
I think it's common knowledge that "schedule conflicts" means "I don't want to do this movie, but if I outright say it, I'll be blackballed."
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2013 at 1:56pm
I went to the movies and saw ELYSIUM. A lot of people have said negative things about Jodie Foster's performance (specially her weird accent). I agree to the point where I wouldn't be against a Razzie nomination, but not to the point where I would have her among my picks. But the movie shouldn't be nominated for anything else.

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS
is one of the best reviewed movies of the year. So, at the moment, the top 3 movies at the box office have a Fresh Rotten Tomatoes rating, and, two of them have over 95%. That's quite rare. Next week, there's ESCAPE PLAN (already with a forum), CARRIE (which could easily get a forum), and THE 5TH ESTATE (Julian Assange had a 100-minute conversation with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association trashing the film).
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 12:29pm
I expect "Carrie" is a sure-fire contender for Worst Remake or Ripoff, and may also make Chloe Grace Moretz a front-runner for Worst Actress.  "Escape Plan" could boost Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger's chances for Worst Actor if its TomatoMeter Rating is low enough.  As for "The Fifth Estate," nominating this film involves the possibility that WikiLeaks supporters could manipulate the vote through ballot-stuffing (like they did to The UK Guardian's "Person of the Year" vote last year).  That could in turn damage our relevance, and make it look like we're not doing our job.  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2013 at 12:51pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: At this time, I am not looking at FIFTH ESTATE as a likely RAZZIE® contender, so the problems MiguelAntilsu expressed concern about above are not really anything we need to worry about...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 8:24am

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 15 2013 at 10:14am
Tina Fey & Amy Poehler will host the 2014 Golden Globes...and the 2015 ones as well!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to read The L.A. Times' coverage of the deal...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 12:24pm
Guillermo Del Toro said that he'll write the PACIFIC RIM sequel, even if it doesn't get greenlit.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 5:02pm
The thing with Pacific Rim was that the trailers and even some of the TV Promos were very bad. A lot of people thought the film was a Transformers rip off. I haven't seen Pacific Rim, but the film to me looks very uninteresting.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 5:05pm
By the way, my next review will be Barb Wire starring Pam Anderson. I wonder if it will be as bad as Catwoman? 
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2013 at 6:55pm
I would argue it's not as bad as Catwoman...but it's still pretty horrible.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 5:53am
One review finally came in for Carrie, and it is positive. However, the fact that it took this long for any review to come in, suggests we should still keep an eye on the movie.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Just checked the R.T. page for CARRIE (LINK) and as of about 7am/PST on Thursday (the day before it opens) it still has only 2 reviews -- But both of them are positive, so at this time it doesn't appear to be "trending" toward "RAZZIE® Territory"... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 8:02am
CARRIE is currently at 60%.

New releases here: LOS AMANTES PASAJEROS (I'M SO EXCITED), EL TÍO (the real story of this person), and, GRAVITY. What should I do?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 104>