Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: October 17 2013 at 8:10am
Ed Lauter (PEPPY MILLER's butler; the coach who spits a lot; two different characters in both versions of THE LONGEST YARD) has passed away. R.I.P.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 8:45am
Vits, see Gravity...and in 3-D if you can!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 9:17am
ODD UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Here's the LINK to read a bizarre L.A. Times article. On the Hong Kong set of what may eventually be a Worst Picture nominee, TRANFORMERS 4, two brothers apparently approached RAZZIE "winning" Worst Director Michael Bay and asked him for money. When he refused, they physically attacked him. Bay's injuries were minor enough that production was only temporarily interrupted... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 11:34am
*shrugs*
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 2:08pm
Carrie, right now, has a 52% (12 positive reviews and 11 negative reviews).  

We'll see how this pans out soon.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 4:07pm
Now it is at 42%. Carrie might need that forum, as Escape Plan is at 45%, 3% higher than Carrie.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 4:27pm
It seems like nothing in wide release this week is getting really that bad of reviews. I vote NO on a forum for Carrie [remake], due to the fact that it, Escape Plan, and The Fifth Estate all have approx. 50% Metascores. I doubt that, by this time tomorrow, anything will have negative reviews overwhelming the positive. Instead, the good and bad are evenly matched. Meanwhile, Those Other Awards now have three new contenders: All is Lost, God Loves Uganda (for Best Documentary Feature), and obviously 12 Years A Slave.

As for next week, there are trailers for Bad Grandpa, a Jacka** spin-off, where the main characters are a raunchy elder and an overweight boy. Most films whose trailers play(ed) at South Park Studios this past year got panned by critics, such as Movie 43 and Grown-Ups 2. I'm predicting it'll get around 30% approval rating. I'll also be prepared to put up a forum for The Trick-or-Treaters if it gets panned by critics, because it's been in the works for at least 1 1/2 year, and is coming out in limited release next weekend as well.

EDIT: Oops! The Trick-or-Treaters has been delayed indefinitely, and may perhaps be canned soon! I'm looking at just Bad Grandpa next weekend.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2013 at 6:04pm
You still can't deny, with the talent in front and behind, you expected something better from the Carrie remake. I am not for letting it off scott-free like that. 

Besides, when things are all said and done, why remake Carrie? If there is nothing new brought to the table, no fixing up, what's the point?

Originally posted by GTAHater767

I vote NO on a forum for Carrie [remake], due to the fact that it, Escape Plan, and The Fifth Estate all have approx. 50% Metascores. I doubt that, by this time tomorrow, anything will have negative reviews overwhelming the positive.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2013 at 6:42am
I have announcement: the One Missed Call review is getting pushed back to Saturday. I had other things to do last night. One of them was writting a five-page paper on Fritz Lang's M. Another thing was seeing the remake of Carrie, which is going to be today's review. I won't reveal much about what I think until then, but if you want my opinions up-front, I mentioned my thoughts about it on Twitter last night. My thoughts on it comprise my last six Tweets.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2013 at 7:08am
See? Carrie is very deserving of a forum.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2013 at 9:28am
One thing is to give a forum to a movie we anticipate will be bad and then turns out it's not that bad, and, another thing is to give a forum to a movie already knowing it's not that bad.
Originally posted by oiram

Now it is at 42%. Carrie might need that forum, as Escape Plan is at 45%, 3% higher than Carrie.

I didn't. Not because it's a remake of a classic. But because there already was another remake. Plus a sequel that basically copied the original. So technically this is the 4th version of this story!

You still can't deny, with the talent in front and behind, you expected something better from the Carrie remake.

One could argue that, because of the rise of bullying lately, the story is more revelant today than ever.

Besides, when things are all said and done, why remake Carrie? If there is nothing new brought to the table, no fixing up, what's the point?

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2013 at 11:15am

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 1:05pm
Washed-up rap star Ja Rule made a stab at the Christian market last Friday with I'm In Love With A Church Girl. I wouldn't mention it except God is listed as an executive producer. Yes, really.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 1:59pm
Well, after all, none of last week's releases were bad enough. But I'd like to point out (because it wasn't mentioned in the home page) that THE FIFTH STATE had this year's worst opening weekend!

This week, aside from BAD GRANDPA (already with a forum), the only other big release is THE COUNSELOR, which already has Oscar buzz. Now, it's based on a Cormac McCarthy novel, so if you're planning on seeing this in theaters, make sure you don't go with any sharp objects.

LOL
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 2:39pm
You forgot to mention that The Counselor also stars Javier Bardem.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2013 at 3:00pm
Oh, right! But based on the poster, it looks like his character will be more expressive than ANTON CHIGURGH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7677787980 104>