Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: November 06 2013 at 3:21pm
Katie Holmes was not in Superman Returns, GTAHater767.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 4:40pm
I mispoke. After double-checking, I can see she has been in some good movies.
Originally posted by oiram

Katie Holmes was also in Batman Begins.

I couldn't see the live stream. But unlike the Emmys (which I also missed), I don't feel the urge to watch it online. With the Emmys I already know what kind of show it is.
Originally posted by oiram

Did you see the actual YouTube Music Awards ceremony?

I wrote the movies that have forums here (official and member-started). The only exception is GANGSTER SQUAD, but that one did get very bad reviews.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

The seven films I dyed yellow were the ones that got C's (40-59% at Rotten T and Metacritic, indicating mixed reviews) from critics, and I don't get why (m)any RAZZIE voters would want to nominate them, or even why you'd call them full-fledged RAZZIE contenders. The five I dyed red got generally bad reviews, and are in the race for my list of the Bottom 40 Films of '013.

Whoa! You won't double-check that? There hasn't been literally any songs you've liked?

there hasn't been one good song I've liked since "Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira back in either May or July of 2006.

What about the SAG Awards?

The only award shows that interest me are 5 that factor into my annual Top 40 Films lists, and of course, the RAZZIES, which basically prescribe the Bottom 40 lists. The 5 "Best of" award shows are the Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, BAFTA Awards, Broadcast Film Critics' Choice Awards, and Satellite Awards. Individually, they'd be terrible indicators of the best that Hollywood has to offer, but together, when cross-referenced with Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, make for the most objective "Best Films of the Year" lists I can muster up.

Why? Is modern TV as bad as modern music?

For the Emmy Awards, I only pay attention to "Outstanding Animated Program (Less Than One Hour)" because one South Park episode a year gets nominated for it each year.

Well, it's not like Bosworth's career is any better.

I mixed up Katie Holmes and Kate Bosworth once again!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2013 at 5:24pm
*Katie Holmes does have some good work in her filmography, especially Batman Begins. I've known it for a while. I just hope I don't confuse her with Kate Hudson next!  

*Nothing more for me to say about the YouTube Music Awards as of yet.  

*Though Gangster Squad only got a D in the approval rating, I seem to recall it getting a C/C- at Metacritic, on top of it losing against A Haunted House for Worst New Film of the Week back on January 11, 2013.  

*I don't like Beyoncé's circa-2009 album, electronic hip hop, electro-pop with autotune, or dubstep (such as LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem). Rihanna hasn't let her talent shine with that autotune either.

*The Screen Actors' Guild awards have a primary focus on acting in front of the camera, rather than the all-around jack-of-all-trades focus of the 5 shows that I mentioned.

*The reason I got into cinema so much more easily than TV was because with cinema, films are released one at a time, at all times of the year. With TV, it's season-by-season (September through May) and episode-by-episode. Simply put, the structural difference is the primary dealbreaker. Just like films, live-action TV has gotten worse in the New Millennium than before, but with TV, they can always renew shows for more seasons, which is why it would be harder to make a RAZZIE-like counterpoint to the Emmy Awards.

*With me, the biggest sticking point is that some of those Kates and Katies are tough to tell apart.

Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 4:16am
What about Adele or Lorde?

*I don't like Beyoncé's circa-2009 album, electronic hip hop, electro-pop with autotune, or dubstep (such as LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem). Rihanna hasn't let her talent shine with that autotune either.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 6:46am
New releases here: THE PURGE, ZAMBEZIA, MUERTE CIEGA (after a zombie apocalypse in Chile, a group of scientists and army men look for a little girl that may have the cure), and of course, THOR PART 2: THE DARK WORLD. What should I do?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 6:50am
Er...

All four?

Or I could say MUERTE CIEGA is the LEAST important one to see.

Thor 2 is the most important and Purge and Zambezia are tied to a close second.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 7:54am
Just to clarify, based on what did you rank their importance?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 8:19am
I ranked them according to how popular/well known they are.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 8:22am

I see HeadRazz already has his sights on next week's The Best Man Holiday.  

Chalk up another Razzie considered movie for Oscar nominated and former Rhodey Rhodes, Terrence Howard.  

It's directed by Scary Movie 5 director (and cousin of Spike Lee) Malcolm D. Lee.  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 10:26am
UPDATE(s) from Head RAZZberry: For those who wanna check it out, here's the LINK for the Forum Info Page (including our Foto Funny and Members' Discussion) on BEST MAN HOLIDAY... 

...and for those of you who, like me, have loathed the policies (and politics) of BlockBuster Video for the last 25 year, here's the LINK to read what amounts to an obituary on that heinous company from Today's Wall Street Journal -- Apparently Dish Networks, which bought the video rental chain when it was in bankruptcy, plans to close all 300 retail stores in the near future...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 12:46pm
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 12:54pm
Somebody once bought a Blockbuster. Turns out it was so old, frozen-over, and off the beaten path that there was a ghost inside. A man reported seeing what appeared to be a customer who turned into mist and blew away. He distinctly remembers she was looking for a copy of Turner and Hooch. After spending a few more hours in that Blockbuster with no customers, and his family getting irritated with his dedication to something so un-lucrative, he eventually saw another ghost, one who told him to do something extreme because his family kept giving him pessimistic attitudes. All along, the man's son could only Trick-or-Treat via Facetime with his best friend's iPad. As the man continued to get stranger, his daughter soon blew the Blockbuster up. Good riddance.

To oiram: Who are Adele and Lorde?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags. 29; As Above, So Below
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 1:52pm
HeadRazz: What's wrong with the policies of BlockBuster? By the way, I am sad it's closing. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZberry: Scroll down about 3 posts to see my reply... 

How can you talk about the state of music if you don't even know one of the most popular and well-reviewed musicians (Lorde is too new to tell)?

To oiram: Who are Adele and Lorde?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 2:59pm
Adele did the theme song to Skyfall. I'm not a fan, but she's not a bad musician. Lorde's not awful either.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 3:18pm
At least you can tell they are actually singing.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2013 at 4:24pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZberry: I have several gripes regarding BlockBuster's practices and policies, among them:

1) Their basic business model has alwaze been to see where a "mom-and-pop," locally owned and run video rental store is located, and then open a store of their own directly across the street (or right next door) thus driving the proprietor with community roots out of business...  

2) When customers complained of BlockBuster's exorbitant late fees a few years back, BlockBuster spent millions advertising their "new, improved, customer friendly" late fee policy -- while neglecting to mention that it included a hidden clause that, if you were more than 5 days late returning a DVD, allowed them to charge your credit card the full purchase price without your knowledge, thus forcing customers to buy any movie they didn't return promptly. This actually resulted in their being fined by the FTC... 

3) When NetFLix pioneered the concept of mail-order DVD memberships, BlockBuster not only ripped off the concept (and the packaging) that NetFlix had created, they then had the balls to turn around and sue NetFlix, claiming the basic idea had been stolen from BlockBuster(!)...

4) When right-wing Christian organizations protested against Martin Scorsese's THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST for being "blasphemous" (without actually having bothered to see it) BlockBuster bowed to pressure and refused to stock the film in their stores...  

5) When unsubstantiated rumors of Woody Allen's inappropriate behavior with Mia Farrow's stepchildren first arose (and with no actual evidence or court verdict to back up their actions) the entire BlockBuster chain removed every one of Allen's films from their store shelves... 

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. Like WalMart and other omnipotent, greedy retail giants, BlockBuster personified evil business practices for decades, and deserves to go out of business...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8182838485 104>