Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: November 10 2013 at 7:37pm
Why can't they actually listen and take the moment of silence? That is just rude what the audience did.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:17am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Based on this trailer, GRUDGE MATCH may work as a comedy...or it could come across as a lazy/sorry-ass/too-little-too-late attempt to cross-breed every ROCKY movie and RAGING BULL...

Your thoughts??

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:40am
ADDITIONAL UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Who sez Hollywood can't learn new lessons? Here's the LINK to read an article in today's L.A. Times listing the "Seven Lessons" the Industry is likely to "learn" from the Quite-Good-but-Not-Exactly-Spectacular opening grosses on THOR: THE DARK WORLD this past weekend...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 9:53am
Just watched Grudge Match trailer. I don't know, it doesn't seem like a Razzie Title to me. Though I could be wrong, I will have to see it. 

I can't believe Kim Basinger is in it -- Where the hell has she been?   

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 12:20pm
Grudge Match could go either way, but the presence of Alan Arkin makes me lean more towards "not one of ours."  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 2:43pm
I wasn't even the least surprised when I found out that modern PG-13 movies have more gun violence than R-rated movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 4:05pm
Vits: Why is this?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 4:51pm
It's no secret about society's attutide towards what should be censored and what shouldn't. Sex and nudity are somehow more dangerous to a child's mind than violence.

Watch NIP/TUCK or AMERICAN HORROR STORY. The camera angles are incredibly detailed when they try to hide someone's privates, and yet, the stories on those shows are (on purpose) the most twisted things one can think of. But since it's cable TV...

GTA, who's always alluding SOUTH PARK, will remember episode 08x01: BUTTERS gets hit by a ninja star in his eye, but the town doesn't care because CARTMAN showed up naked in public. The final dialogue in that episode is related to what I said.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 4:21am
Funny you mention Blackfish in the front page, Headrazz.

It actually had an impact on a plot of a movie in the works. Of course, you may not want to know due to spoilers, but for those who are too curious: LINK

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 7:30am
Headrazz: When you make the (inevitable) Forum for A Madea Christmas, I strongly suggest you use the picture in THIS ARTICLE for your "Foto Funny" -- it is a picture of Tyler Perry as Madea with Larry the Cable Guy, two people you never WANTED (let alone expected) to be in any movie together. Plus the woman that looks like she's crying in the picture could also elicit a joke.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 10:03am
Speaking of censorship, NC-17 rated BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR (which received complains from parents in the U.S.) is up against BLUE JASMINE for the British Independent Film Awards.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 10:34am
Blue vs. Blue, eh?

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 12:32pm
There are so many reasons that socially conservative parents could complain about Blue is the Warmest Color -- are they complaining about the lesbian themes, the sex scenes, or something else?  

Meanwhile, The Best Man Holiday has one review on Rotten T, a good review from The Village Voice's Stephanie Zacharek. Does anyone know whether that's an indication that the reviews will be with her or the opposite of hers?  

And Delivery Man, the worst-looking film of Nov. 22, has 1 good and 1 bad review on Rotten T, and 1 Mixed (60%) review on Metacritic. It's looking more and more like I'll have to fall back on The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, Escape From Planet Earth, and/or Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters to round out my Bottom 40 Films of '013. 

Originally posted by Vits

Speaking of censorship, NC-17 rated BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOUR (which received complains from parents in the U.S.) is up against BLUE JASMINE for the British Independent Film Awards. 
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 12:38pm
NOTE: The Village Voice's Stephanie Zacharek gave a bad review to 12 Years a Slave... 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Meanwhile, The Best Man Holiday has one review on Rotten T, a good review from The Village Voice's Stephanie Zacharek. Does anyone know whether that's an indication that the reviews will be with her or the opposite of hers?

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 1:50pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Substantiating Oiram's point from the post above, here's the LINK to read the complete review of 12 YEARS A SLAVE by Stephanie Zacharek of Village Voice -- Expressing a negative opinion of a film that currently has a 97% Positive TomatoMeter number at RT (LINK) and which is currently considered the front-runner for an Oscar nomination as Best Picture.  

My point: A single review on BEST MAN HOLIDAY does not a consensus make -- Especially one by a critic who is so clearly out of whack with her colleagues...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 4:21pm
That's a little unfair. I read the review and she has some good points...  
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

a critic who is so clearly out of whack with her colleagues...

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: No one said the review didn't have "good points," what I suggested that, as one of only 3% of critics at Rotten Tomatoes who didn't rave about 12 YEARS A SLAVE, this particular critic's opinion of BEST MAN HOLIDAY should not be looked upon as indicative of any kind of trend among the other crix on RT...

Originally posted by GTAHater767

There are so many reasons that socially conservative parents could complain about Blue is the Warmest Color -- are they complaining about the lesbian themes, the sex scenes, or something else?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 104>