Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: January 15 2013 at 4:42pm
Sounds like Grounder the Critic feared that they'd try to water down A Good Day to Die Hard for a PG-13 rating. Now that we know it's an R, it's most likely uncut.

Meanwhile, The Last Stand continues its scoring streak with a 9 to 0 rating at Rotten T. Although its first 3 reviews at Metacritic average out in the high 50's and lower 60's. I can't decide if the reviews will be good or mixed.

Despite Guillermo Del Toro's involvement in Mama, it's now tied at 2 to 2 on Rotten T. Until we see reviews on Broken City, I preliminarily conclude that there won't be another Worst New Movie until next week, with Movie 43 and probably Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

(This is my 1100th post!)
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2013 at 5:43pm
Movies with Mitch's picks for the best (link) and worst (link) movies of 2012. I think you'll be surprised by his #6 best and his #10 worst.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 8:23am
New releases here: 7 PSYCHOPATHS, THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, LA GUERRE EST DÉCLARÉE, and, DJANGO UNCHAINED. What should I go see?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 9:31am
Vits: I'd recommend seeing Django and Psychopaths -- but if you can only see one movie, make it Django!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 10:07am
Great. By the way, I think it's been enough time (we're mid January) to ask: when are your new reviews coming?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 4:34pm
May I suggest we make a forum for Broken City?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2013 at 8:55pm
I'll try to get a review done before my semester starts on Tuesday.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2013 at 12:05pm
Trailer for Red 2

Also, I notice that Last Stand is now at 55% on Rotten Tomatoes. I believe that's around what Twilight Eclipse got, so maybe???
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 6:10am
S-o-o-o... Is there going to be a Forum on Last Stand, or not? If not for Last Stand, then how about Broken City?  

UP-DATE from Head RAZZberry: Although reviews suggest Ah-Nuld's big screen return in THE LAST STAND is actually pretty good for a Schwarzenegger flick (R.T. LINK) and it's thus not an obviousRAZZIE® contender, box office numbers on opening night indicate that (at least here in the U.S.) it's gonna be a HUGE FLOP: According to B.O. MoJo, STAND's per-screen average on Friday, Jan. 18 was a teeny $687 per theatre (meaning each venue sold less than 100 tickets for the entire day). Here'a a MoJo LINK to keep an eye on the film's day-to-day numbers... 

I added an Official Forum for BROKEN CITY over the weekend -- Here's the LINK for it. As for LAST STAND, I think I've made it clear that, with an R.T. Rating well over 50% (and Ah-Nuld himself getting pretty good reviews for his performance) STAND doesn't seem like an obvious RAZZIE® contender. If you strongly disagree, feel free to add a Member-Started Forum on it. Here's the LINK to do so... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 12:41pm
I think that next week, HANSEL & GRETEL: WITCH HUNTERS should be the one to get a forum -- I don't remember a single good movie version of a dark fairy tale...at least not this century. And, as I said days ago, it's an MTV Films production, which means it's likely to have an excess of "music video style" editing.  

There are other movies, but they have potential. PARKER may star Jennifer Lopez, but it's directed by Taylor Hackford. And Jason Statham's movies usually do better with critics than we'd think (maybe because critics have low expectations). Also, MOVIE 43 is an "anthology" film, which gives it more chances for having directors of different levels. Like last year's V/H/S, it could have some good stories and some bad ones. But I won't rule out a Worst Ensemble nomination, because the category was arguably created for star studded movies like this. 

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 12:52pm
While I don't object to looking to Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters for some RAZZberries to harvest, knowing how Red Riding Hood starring Amanda Seyfried turned out (Bottom 40 Films of 2011, #25), I do object to the idea of Movie 43 NOT getting a forum if the reviews show that it deserves one. You say it's only a remote possibility, but I say it's the most likely scenario. You have to understand that unless I was hallucinating, one of the trailers said "Will you poop on me?" I smell trouble. Subsequent trailers further demonstrated that Movie 43 has everything wrong with "comedy" in the New Millennium. I'll do a double take if it gets good reviews!
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 2:15pm
AMOUR won yet another Best Film Award. This time, from the London crix. As I said last week, I think it's the Oscar front-runner.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

I do object to the idea of Movie 43 NOT getting a forum if the reviews show that Movie 43 deserves one. You say it's only a remote possibility, but I say it's the most likely scenario.
I didn't mean it like that. You see, there are 3 new releases with Razzie potential. Not that long ago, there would be 1 or even 2 bonus picks in one week. But there were none in 2012 (leftovers from the previous week don't count). Usually I'd say that HeadRAZZ should create a forum on Monday and wait until Friday for the reviews to create a 2nd forum. But since he just created the forum for BROKEN CITY, I'm guessing he'll only have time for one forum.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 5:59pm
Why the sudden slowdown? Unless this is THE week the final ballots go out, why would HeadRAZZ be so strapped for time that a scatological comedy anthology and a modernized fairy tale adaptation couldn't be the #1 and #2 Worst New Movies of the Weak on January 25? There were two weekends in 2012 with two worst new movies, listed as "#2 Worst" and "#1 Worst", not "Leftover" or "Bonus". On January 27, 2012, two films were listed as Official RAZZIE Contenders: Man on a Ledge (#2 Worst New Movie of the Weak) and One For the Money (#1 Worst New Movie). It happened again on 5-18-012, with What to Expect When You're Expecting (#2 Worst New Movie) and Battleship (#1 Worst New Movie). 

If I can't win my case, then I leave you with one warning: We're going to have more unofficial RAZZIE contenders than official ones by the time the winter's through at this rate...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: There seems to be a serious misunderstanding as to the relationship between a film having an "Official From" and a "Member-Started" one -- It is, after all, the votes of our Members that eventually decide what gets nominated. And if you'll look at this year's Nominating Ballot, you'll see that many a movie discussed in a "Member-Started" Forum (as opposed to an "Official" one) got mentioned on that ballot, while several titles with "Official" Forums didn't end up making the Nominating Ballot at all. This whole thing is a process, and thinking ahead to a year from now really doesn't serve any purpose at this time.   

Basically, I think you're making a bigger deal out of this "minor distinction" than needs to be made of it...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 6:46pm
The only reason that happened was because Battleship forums were set up A WEEK EARLY . 

I have a feeling that old age is catching up to HeadRAZZ, which would partially explain why he's slowed down his forum-making... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2013 at 7:00pm
Old age catching up to him? I've been dreading that day for years ever since I found out HeadRAZZ was more than 2 months older than my dad. Then suddenly I don't know what to believe: Does old age really impact computer and internet functioning like it does athletic functioning and physical activity? If not, then I doubt if HeadRAZZ disclosing any medical problems would be worth knowing they were hindering his management of the RAZZIE awards. But if HeadRAZZ were THAT concerned with medical problems, wouldn't he be planning on passing down the GRAF some time soon? Or at least wouldn't someone else be co-heading the Foundation? He's not even 60 yet, after all!

Worst comes to worst, all this rambling about HeadRAZZ's health not being that bad is all just me in denial. 2013 has the smell of RAZZBerries hanging heavy over it. There'll probably be more high contenders than 2012, 2011, and even 2010, and could potentially match 2009, but this time it'll be a 50/50 split of official and unofficial contenders.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2013 at 6:54am
I totally forgot about those! But that doesn't change the fact that, throughout 2012, there were many requests to create bonus forums for movies that did end up with bad reviews. There also were a couple of movies that were suggested, ignored...and still made it to the ballots without forums. I'm not saying that there can't be more than 1 pick; I'm saying that it used to happen a lot from 2005 to 2010, but it has decreased a lot since 2011. And I'm sure it doesn't have to do with HeadRAZZ's health. Maybe he just wants less forums because he knows the number of them that actually end up nominated. Or maybe he didn't even realize?  

Anyway, there are no early reviews on any of the 3 movies (only the one with a weird title, JOHN DIES AT THE END, has positive early reviews)so maybe we should just flip a coin? 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

There were two weekends in 2012 with two worst new movies, listed as "#2 Worst" and "#1 Worst", not "Leftover" or "Bonus". On January 27, 2012, two films were listed as Official RAZZIE Contenders: Man on a Ledge (#2 Worst New Movie of the Weak) and One For the Money (#1 Worst New Movie). It happened again on 5-18-012, with What to Expect When You're Expecting (#2 Worst New Movie) and Battleship (#1 Worst New Movie).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 104>