Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: February 24 2013 at 2:17pm
I'm back from ZERO DARK THIRTY (I know, I waited until the last minute). It's more overrated than ARGO, but less overrated than LINCOLN

Here's my prediction: Remember when the Oscar nominations were announced that I said AMOUR was the frontrunner? I'm sticking to it. I think this year is going to be like 2006 (CRASH vs BROKEBACK). It also will either win Director and Original Screenplay, but not both. Depending on that, Steven Spielberg could win Director or Quentin Tarantino could win Original Screenplay. Adapted Screenplay will go to Chris Terrio. Based on my experiences, I think that Jennifer Lawrence's recent wins won't give her more odds, so Jessica Chastain will win Actress. Actor, Supp. Actress, Song and Foreign Film are too obvious (Daniel Day-LewisAnne Hathaway, SKYFALL and AMOUR), while Supp. Actor is a coin toss. LES MIS will win Make-Up/Hair. SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN will win Documentary. LINCOLN will win Art Direction. LIFE OF PI will win Photography, Music and Visual Effects. ARGO will win Sound Mixing while ZDT will win Sound Editing, and either one will win Editing. In recent years, the Academy has chosen to be less obvious about giving Costumes to period pieces and sometimes giving them to Fantasy Movies, so I think this year it'll go to either SNOW WHITE movie (or maybe ANNA KARENINA, because I heard it mixed modern and vintage styles). Also in recent years, the Academy has shown that they're smarter than other awards when it comes to Animation, so I do think that WRECK-IT RALPH will win instead of BRAVE.
Originally posted by oiram

What was interesting is that Twilight did not win Worst Screenplay. That went to That's My Boy. I mean, if you guys have decided to bash the Twilight movies, why not go all the way and have the author herself win? She "helped" in writing the screenplay this time!
That shows that the voters are fair.
Originally posted by mbh

My votes are represented in only three categories.
Ditto.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

That is, people will not remember the Twilight Saga in the decades to come.
How can people forget a movie that's listed among the biggest box office record breakers?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Of course, the pedophilic implications between Jacob Black and Renesmee Cullen were completely out of line on the part of those who made Breaking Dawn Part 2, so it figures that nothing else would stand a chance.
I'm still waiting for HeadRAZZ to announce that, just like when Sofia Coppolla won, this pairing got more than 60% of the votes.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 5:22pm
The hammer has been dropped!  The book has been thrown!  "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2" wins seven Razzie Awards including Worst Picture.  In comparison, the Twilight Saga didn't have as big a presence at the Methane Movie Awards.  Furthermore, the Methane Movie Awards were more dispersed.  Here are the final results of the Methane Movie Awards:

Worst Remake or Adaptation: Battleship
Worst Sequel: Atlas Shrugged: Part II
Worst Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Taylor Lautner in "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2"
Worst Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role: Sienna Guillory in "Resident Evil: Retribution"
Worst Performance by a Cast: Battleship
Worst On-Screen Pairing: Adam Sandler and either Andy Samberg, Leighton Meester, or Susan Sarandon in "That's My Boy"
Worst Achievement in Writing (tie): Battleship (written by Jon Hoeber and Erich Hoeber) and That's My Boy (written by David Caspe)
Worst Propaganda Disguised as a Feature Film (tie): Atlas Shrugged: Part II and 2016: Obama's America
Worst Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role: Katherine Heigl in "One for the Money"
Worst Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Adam Sandler in "That's My Boy"
Worst Achievement in Directing: John Putch for "Atlas Shrugged: Part II"
Worst Motion Picture of the Year: The Devil Inside
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2013 at 9:04pm
Me a couple of days ago: there's no way I can bungle my Oscar picks up. I'm so confident, that I'll say I'll live-Tweet a horrendous movie if I get more than half wrong.

Me right now: why did I say that? Why????
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 4:21am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Me a couple of days ago: there's no way I can bungle my Oscar picks up. I'm so confident, that I'll say I'll live-Tweet a horrendous movie if I get more than half wrong.

Me right now: why did I say that? Why????

Don't feel bad. I think you got a lot of them right.

Gotta say, Ang Lee winning surprised me. Not mad, just surprised. I think most of us thought Mr. Spielberg would pull a Meryl Streep this year.

Sooo... Anyone wanna guess what movie will be Worst of the Week?

I don't think Stoker will be, let me start off by saying.

The first one I wanna talk about is the one people probably know the least about, Phantom. Apparently, it has something to do with a Soviet submarine ghost trying to save stuff- I don't know. It stars Ed Harris, Mulder, William Fitchner... Er It just doesn't look good, however, it looks like one of those movies that will easily be forgotten, even by us.

Now, the next one to talk about is Jack the Giant Kil- Oh I'm sorry, Jack the Giant SLAYER. It stars Nicholas Hoult, who has already starred in Warm Bodies. I will say it looks like if it is bad, the only thing it could be nominated for is Worst Remake and possibly Worst Director, but it looks like it will be bad in that it's "meh" kind of bad.

Now we go onto 21 and Over, starring people you probably never heard of before. The writers and (first time) directors are Jon Lucas and Scott Moore, whom did The Hangover. You would think that is a good thing, until you look at their other work and realize that was the ONLY good thing they did. Maybe this will be a surprise, I don't know, but right now, it just looks clichéd.

Finally, probably the most likely pick, The Last Exorcism Part II, and just the title alone is already a problem. Just look, the only people that returned are the producer and main girl star, but it looks like they took a cue from Exorcist II: The Heretic. I think it is a sequel completely unnecessary, and most likely one that should have stayed unmade.

What do you guys think?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 8:05am
RETURN of Head RAZZberry: Hi, Gize!  I'm semi-rested up/recuperated from Saturday's 33rd Annual RAZZIE® Awards ceremonies, and ready to get back to "active duty" here on our Forum.  You all did great work in my "absence," and I appreciate it berry much.

This week's Worst of the Weak pick is between JACK THE GIANT KILLER/SLAYER, LAST EXORCISM, TOO and PHANTOM. I hope to have an Official Forum discussion going for at least one (or maybe more) of 'em by tomorrow/Tuesday. In other words, please don't jump the gun and put up a Member-Started Forum for any of these titles 'till I've had time to do my work. Then, if any of 'em don't end up being "official," feel free to set those up... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 8:48am
Headrazz, since you are here, please watch these. You need to understand why these films deserve a chance at Worst Picture.

Oh, and I forgot that Jack the Giant Slayer was one of those movies that was supposed to be released 2012, but got scared of the competition and retreated to this year.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by oiram

And in other news, apparently Megan Fox has tolerated Michael Bay a little bit more recently, cause she is now April O'Neil.
Here's what Jeremy Jahns thinks about it:
Originally posted by Vits

Here's my prediction: Remember when the Oscar nominations were announced that I said AMOUR was the frontrunner? I'm sticking to it. I think this year is going to be like 2006 (CRASH vs BROKEBACK). It also will either win Director and Original Screenplay, but not both. Depending on that, Steven Spielberg could win Director or Quentin Tarantino could win Original Screenplay. Adapted Screenplay will go to Chris Terrio. Based on my experiences, I think that Jennifer Lawrence's recent wins won't give her more odds, so Jessica Chastain will win Actress. Actor, Supp. Actress, Song and Foreign Film are too obvious (Daniel Day-LewisAnne Hathaway, SKYFALL and AMOUR), while Supp. Actor is a coin toss. LES MIS will win Make-Up/Hair. SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN will win Documentary. LINCOLN will win Art Direction. LIFE OF PI will win Photography, Music and Visual Effects. ARGO will win Sound Mixing while ZDT will win Sound Editing, and either one will win Editing. In recent years, the Academy has chosen to be less obvious about giving Costumes to period pieces and sometimes giving them to Fantasy Movies, so I think this year it'll go to either SNOW WHITE movie (or maybe ANNA KARENINA, because I heard it mixed modern and vintage styles). Also in recent years, the Academy has shown that they're smarter than other awards when it comes to Animation, so I do think that WRECK-IT RALPH will win instead of BRAVE.
I got a 15/20. Yay!
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

This week's Worst of the Weak pick is between JACK THE GIANT KILLER/SLAYER, LAST EXORCISM, TOO and PHANTOM.
I was just about to say that 21 AND OVER shouldn't get it, because of the lack of "Razzie love" that PROJECT X got.

As Oiram said, PHANTOM seems forgettable.

I'm sure there are voters who want Bryan Singer to win because he wasn't even nominated for SUPERMAN RETURNS, but JACK THE GIANT WHATEVER doesn't seem to be following the path of other recent dark fairy tale adaptations. Not to mention that Nicholas Hoult hasn't had a main role in a bad movie so far.

THE LAST EXORCISM PART II seems the more obvious choice. It's a Horror (the most Razzable genre) sequel (another type of movie the Razzies love) nobody asked for (and that doesn't seem to make sense story-wise). And the first one was actually good, so they could ruin it. And it's Found Footage.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 3:08pm
Although ARGO won at the Oscars, ZERO DARK THIRTY was the movie that won most awards throughout the season.

By the way, there are a couple of Best Picture winners that nowadays are considered bad. Will ARGO suffer the same fate? I'd say no, mostly because of the number of modern critics.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 5:07pm
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 8:56pm
I'm happy "Argo" won Best Picture, but I'm not happy "Wreck-It Ralph" got turned down for "Brave."  It's amazing how the Oscars never fail to piss me off (in one way or another)!   

I don't have predictions for March because I don't know enough about most of the releases.  I do know that March 29 is practically a field day for us, because three potential prospects ("G.I. Joe: Retaliation," "The Host," and "Temptation: Tyler Perry's Confessions of a Marriage Counselor") are all being released that same day...  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 4:10am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

I don't have predictions for March because I don't know enough about most of the releases.  I do know that March 29 is practically a field day for us, because three potential prospects ("G.I. Joe: Retaliation," "The Host," and "Temptation: Tyler Perry's Confessions of a Marriage Counselor") are all being released that same day...

We will get to those later, Miguel.

Anyways, Headrazz, if you are watching right now, this is a message to let you know that your forum inbox is full again. I was hoping to speak to you about something in private.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 7:59am
Since BREAKING DAWN PART 2 comes out on DVD Friday, it's the obvious pick as the Worst New Movie on DVD. But I'd like to point out that CHASING MAVERICKS (which was on the Nominating Ballot for Worst Actor) is also debuting this week.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 1:12pm
Richard Roeper reacts to the Oscars:

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 3:16pm

Was going to wait until March, but I think that it's probably okay to go ahead and post my Razzie picks so far now: 

Worst Picture 
Beautiful Creatures 
Broken City 
Dark Skies 
A Good Day to Die Hard 
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 
A Haunted House 
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia 
Identity Thief 
Movie 43 
Parker 
Safe Haven 
Texas Chainsaw 3D 

Worst Actor 
Gerard Butler/Movie 43 
Josh Duhamel/Movie 43 and Safe Haven 
Josh Hamilton/Dark Skies 
Jeremy Renner/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 
Mark Wahlberg/Broken City 
Marlon Wayans/A Haunted House 
Bruce Willis/A Good Day to Die Hard  

Worst Actress  
Gemma Arterton/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters 
Essence Atkins/A Haunted House 
Halle Berry/Movie 43 
Julianne Hough/Safe Haven 
Jennifer Lopez/Parker
Melissa McCarthy/Identity Thief
Keri Russell/Dark Skies

Worst Supporting Actor
Thom Barry/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Cedric the Entertainer/A Haunted House
Morris Chestnut/Identity Thief
Jai Courtney/A Good Day to Die Hard
Russell Crowe/Broken City
Scott Eastwood/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Dakota Goyo/Dark Skies
Jeremy Irons/Beautiful Creatures
Johnny Knoxville/The Last Stand and Movie 43
David Koechner/A Haunted House
Seth MacFarlane/Movie 43
Thomas Mann/Beautiful Creatures and Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Chad Michael Murray/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Robert Patrick/Identity Thief
Barry Pepper/Broken City and Snitch
Paul Rae/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Trey Songz/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Peter Stormare/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters and The Last Stand
Nick Swardson/A Haunted House
T.I./Identity Thief

Worst Supporting Actress
Elizabeth Banks/Movie 43
Alexandra Daddario/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Viola Davis/Beautiful Creatures
Anna Faris/Movie 43
Famke Janssen/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Emily Alyn Lind/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia and Movie 43
Tania Raymonde/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Genesis Rodriguez/Identity Thief and The Last Stand
Emmy Rossum/Beautiful Creatures
Katee Sackhoff/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Emma Thompson/Beautiful Creatures
Uma Thurman/Movie 43
Cicely Tyson/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Kate Winslet/Movie 43
Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City

Worst Screen Couple
Any combination of any two cast members utterly embarrassing themselves by making vulgar, crude, and/or offensive "jokes"/Movie 43
Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy/Identity Thief
Russell Crowe and either Mark Wahlberg or Catherine Zeta-Jones/Broken City
Alden Ehrenreich and Alice Englert/Beautiful Creatures
Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel/Safe Haven
Leatherface and his chainsaw/Texas Chainsaw 3D
Jennifer Lopez and Jason Statham/Parker
Jeremy Renner and either Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen, or Pihla Viitala/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Marlon Wayans and either Essence Atkins, Nick Swardson, or the “Paranormal Activity”/A Haunted House
Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney/A Good Day to Die Hard

Worst Screen Ensemble
Entire cast of Beautiful Creatures
Entire cast of Broken City
Entire cast of Dark Skies
Entire cast of A Good Day to Die Hard
Entire cast of Identity Thief
Entire cast of Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
Entire cast of A Haunted House
Entire cast of The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Entire cast of Movie 43
Entire cast of Parker
Entire cast of Safe Haven
Entire cast of Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Sequel or Prequel
A Good Day to Die Hard
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Remake or Rip-off
Beautiful Creatures (Rip-off of Twilight)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
A Haunted House
Movie 43 (Rip-off of The Groove Tube and The Kentucky Fried Movie)
Parker (Remake of Payback and Point Blank)
Texas Chainsaw 3D

Worst Director
Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, Peter Farrelly, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner, and Jonathan van Tulleken/Movie 43
Tom Elkins/The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
Seth Gordon/Identity Thief
Taylor Hackford/Parker
Lasse Hallstrom/Safe Haven
Allen Hughes/Broken City
Richard LaGravenese/Beautiful Creatures
John Luessenhop (With some “help” from Carl Mazzocone)/Texas Chainsaw 3D
John Moore/A Good Day to Die Hard
Scott Stewart/Dark Skies
Micheal Tiddes/A Haunted House
Tommy Wirkola/Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

Worst Screenplay
Beautiful Creatures (Screenplay by Richard LaGravenese; Based on the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl)
Broken City (Written by Brian Tucker)
Dark Skies (Screenplay by Scott Stewart)
A Good Day to Die Hard (Screenplay by Skip Woods; Based on the characters created by Roderick Thorp)
Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Written by Dante Harper and Tommy Wirkola; Based on the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm)
A Haunted House (Written by Rick Alvarez and Marlon Wayans)
The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (Screenplay by David Coggeshall)
Identity Thief (Screenplay by Craig Mazin; Story by Jerry Eeten and Craig Mazin)
Movie 43 (Written by Steve Baker, Ricky Blitt, Will Carlough, Tobias Carlson, Jacob Fleisher, Patrik Forsberg, Will Graham, James Gunn, Clas Kjellstrom, Jack Kukoda, Bob Odenkirk, Bill O'Malley, Matthew Alec Portenoy, Greg Pritikin, Rocky Russo, Olle Sarri, Elizabeth Wright Shapiro, Jeremy Sosenko, Jonathan van Tulleken, and Jonas Wittenmark)
Parker (Screenplay by John J. McLaughlin; based on Flashfire by Donald E. Westlake)
Safe Haven (Screenplay by Gene Lansky and Dana Stevens; Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks)
Texas Chainsaw 3D (Screenplay by Kristen Elms, Adam Marcus, and Debra Sullivan; Story by Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, and Stephen Susco; Based on the characters created by Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 4:16pm
DARK SKIES reviews came in, and they're bad. So it's OK that Oiram listed it. But why did you list BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, which only got mixed reviews? The only one from that movie who should be nominated is Thomas Mann, and that's just for being in another movie. Speaking of HANSEL & GRETEL, considering how Jeremy Renner and Famke Janssen are never alone in any scene, she shouldn't be included in Worst Couple. Speaking of that category, I read that Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy have good chemistry in INDENTITY THIEF.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Vits

<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" face="'Courier New', Courier, mono">DARK SKIES reviews came in, and they're bad. So it's OK that Oiram listed it. But why did you list BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, which only got mixed reviews? The only one from that movie who should be nominated is Thomas Mann, and that's just for being in another movie. Speaking of HANSEL & GRETEL, considering how Jeremy Renner and Famke Janssen are never alone in any scene, she shouldn't be included in Worst Couple. Speaking of that category, I read that Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy have good chemistry in INDENTITY THIEF.

Beautiful Creatures will most likely be off my list once more movies show up.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 104>