Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: March 16 2013 at 7:19am
Does Ashton Kutcher look like Steve Jobs? No. Should we still give him the benefit of the doubt? Normally I'd say "Yes", because I do think he's talented. But he's playing a bearded millionaire, and there will inevitably be comparisons to his role on TWO AND A HALF MEN.

Originally posted by mbh

Vits, did you notice, there is a movie coming out with teenagers buried underground in a Chilean disco after an earthquake!

When we heard about it, most Chileans were like "Another movie about the 2010 earthquake?! What a way to cash-in!" Then we were like, "It's a collaboration with America, and there's even a famous producer? Yay!" Then we were like, "The producer is Eli Roth? Ummm.... Well, at least a Chilean filmmaker is getting the chance to "go Hollywood""
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2013 at 11:24pm
I didn't catch that one yet. Thanks for letting me know.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Well mbh, Aaron Sorkin is writing a different Steve Jobs movie, so maybe you should wait for that one to come out... 

I remember you liked him in No Strings Attached. But seriously, you can take basically any of his characters and switch them around as you please. Put Kelso in Just Married, Dude where is my Car, Cheaper by the Dozen, New Year's Eve, it doesn't matter. Kutcher acts the same all the time. His attempt at doing something different in Butterfly Effect failed. His highest rated movie is at 49% rotten.
And it's not his looks, I just don't believe he is capable of doing justice to this extremely intelligent, creative mastermind that was Steve Jobs.
Originally posted by Vits

Does Ashton Kutcher look like Steve Jobs? No. Should we still give him the benefit of the doubt? Normally I'd say "Yes", because I do think he's talented. But he's playing a bearded millionaire, and there will inevitably be comparisons to his role on TWO AND A HALF MEN.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 5:31am
I just noticed that the past Worst Picks of the Week, Dead Man Down and The Call, were both produced by WWE Studios. Yes, the wrestling company.

I was wondering "why would they be helping those films?", and then it hit me. I guess in the contract, if they want funding, they also have to cast one of their wrestlers in the movie. In Dead Man Down, the wrestler was Wade Barrett. In The Call, the wrestler was David Otunga.

You guys sure you don't want to bring back Worst New Star?

So with this week coming to a close, we have the next week, and it will be kind of tough.

Admission is standing at 50% on Rotten Tomatoes right now, but that is not bad enough. Love and Honor looks too boring to really be considered. The Croods is an animated which we don't really pick on as much, and early reviews for that have been positive so far.

So you would think that the Worst Pick of the Week is Olympus Has Fallen, the movie that is basically Die Hard in the White House. Most of the cast seems pretty solid, and the director has done good films before. It is the star, Gerard Butler, that makes me think badly of this movie. Granted, it is a really silly concept to begin with, but Razzie nominated Gerard Butler has been starring in flop after flop after flop for the past few years. Heck, he was in Movie 43, as TWO Leprechauns no less*. There is also the fact that this is NOT the only movie coming out this year to have a similar concept. We are also getting White House Down later on, starring Channing Tatum and directed by Razzie nominated Roland Emmerich. So again, this looks like a prime Razzie contender. There's potential competition, however.

There's another movie being released this week. It is somewhat of a small movie so you might have not noticed it, but when you do know about, you might end up thinking "Wow. Movie 43 is slightly tolerable by comparison."

The movie is called InAPPropriate Comedy, and yes, they emphasize the APP part of the word. Like Movie 43, it is basically a bunch of intentionally stupid and offensive skits shoved into one movie. Unlike Movie 43 though, this has only one star that makes you think "Why did he agree to this?" I'll get to who in a moment. We have Razzie winners Rob Schneider (Apparently doing TWO roles) and Lindsay Lohan in this. Already there's a problem. Razzie nominated Michelle Rodriguez is in this, but she was also in an Uwe Boll movie so that is not too surprising. No, the man that will get people pulling their hair out is Adrien Brody, whom is playing a character named "Filthy Harry". What the hey made him think this was a good career choice? Did he really think that this is the comedy to branch out in? He even helped write this piece of trash, making me lose tons of faith in him. Also someone that really makes a case as to why Worst New Star should be brought back is Ari Shaffir. He basically is playing a Racist, making the most obvious race jokes imaginable. You can't even saying he's doing it because the script said so, because he is one of the writers. Sickening...

Now who's brilliant idea was it to make this happen? Believe it or not, it was the Sham Wow Guy, Vince Offer (Who is technically a Razzie winner since he was part of the cast of Jack & Jill.) Believe or not, this ISN'T the first time he's done this. He made a similar crappy movie called The Underground Comedy Movie, all the way back in 1999 before he was known as the Sham Wow Guy. Despite being an unknown then, he managed to get people like Slash, Gena Lee Nolin, Karen Black, Razzie nominated Angelyne, Joey Buttafuoco, Ant, and Oscar nominated Michael Clarke Duncan to all act in it. Like that movie, he is also writing, directing, and starring in it, so no wonder he agreed to appear in Jack & Jill. You don't believe that it could be Worse than Movie 43, take a look (I know I've posted the trailer already, but you really need to understand how putrid it is):

The only problem is I do not have the confirmation that this movie will be released "correctly" in order to be eligible, because s*** like this needs to stop.

Headrazz, if you are reading this, please spare us the suspense and tell us if InAPPropriate Comedy is eligible?

*This was written on St. Patrick's Day, how ironic.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 6:07am
White House Down went into production before Olympus Has Fallen did, even though Olympus is coming out first. So, it looks like a replay of the Skyline/Battle: LA situation. 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 10:51am
Yesterday, I posted my review of STEFAN VS KRAMER, a movie written by, directed by and starring an impersonator. So, right now, I'm feeling a little intolerant of movies made by people who have nothing to do with movies. Which is why I'd like IN-APP-ROPIATE COMEDY to get the forum (and also because Lohan is going to be in SCARY MOVIE PART 5)... as long as it has the "proper" release. Otherwise, I'd choose OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN.
Originally posted by mbh

I remember you liked him in No Strings Attached.
I've actually liked him in a bunch of his roles. A notable exception is his Razzie winning performance in VALENTINE'S DAY (I've yet to see KILLERS).
Originally posted by oiram

You guys sure you don't want to bring back Worst New Star?
I do. So far, the only person I'd considerate would be Pihla Viitala for HANSEL & GRETEL.

the man that will get people pulling their hair out is Adrien Brody, whom is playing a character named "Filthy Harry". What the hey made him think this was a good career choice? Did he really think that this is the comedy to branch out in?
Brody has been in full Comedies (not just Dramedies) before, like MIDNIGHT IN PARIS (where he had the most over-the-top character) and last year's HIGH SCHOOL.
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

White House Down went into production before Olympus Has Fallen did, even though Olympus is coming out first. So, it looks like a replay of the Skyline/Battle: LA situation.
So they'll cancel each other out and won't get nominated?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2013 at 4:32pm
Okay, so I looked at that eligibility list that Headrazz sets up, but I do not see a sign of InAPPropriate Comedy anywhere, so I guess that means it is not eligible. Shame.

Well, at least we now know Olympus Has Fallen is eligible to get some "Razzie love." 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For each week's up-dating of The 2013 Eligible Titles List, I cross-reference B.O. MoJo's "Release Schedule" page (LINK)  which suggests INAPPROPRIATE COMEDY will be showing on about 250 screens this Friday -- None of which are apparently here in L.A. So, at this time (on a technicality) it appears the film may not be eligible for RAZZIE® consideration...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2013 at 11:58am
Mbh: Regarding the biopic JOBS with Ashton Kutcher: It has been indefinitely delayed. Here's the LINK for The Hollywood Reporter item about it... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2013 at 5:00pm
I'm not giving it the benefit of the doubt by saying "We should wait a few days until the reviews arrive". I think it has enough "Razzie pedigree" to deserve a forum!

Well, at least we now know Olympus Has Fallen is eligible to get some "Razzie love."

Originally posted by MR

Regarding the biopic JOBS with Ashton Kutcher: It has been indefinitely delayed.
"We want more time to give it more marketing"? That doesn't sound very convincing. But even with the best reason excuse, a delayed release date is still a sign that a movie sucks.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 7:00am
OLYMPUS's R.T. rating has started off at 65%.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 8:38am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: With nothing of obvious RAZZIE® caliber opening this Friday (OLYMPUS is getting fair-to-good reviews, and ADMISSION and CROODS both look mediocre at worst) I have decided to forego our usual Worst of the Weak pick and instead have just posted a Forum Poll (LINK) about this year's Worst Picture choices thus far. I have also set up a Forum Discussion for all of you to discuss your choices (and the Poll results) at greater length. Here's the LINK for that.  

Next week, with a Tyler Perry title and the long-delayed G.I. JOE: RETALIATION both due for release the same day, we may have TWO Worst of the Weak picks... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2013 at 1:21pm
Oh good, I was starting to miss those times when there were two Worst of the Weeks. You might want to keep your eye on The Host as well. Since there are no obvious picks the week after (You'd think Evil Dead would the pick, but many early reviews have been pretty positive), you can make the forum for The Host then.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2013 at 6:37am
New releases here: BACHELORETTE, and, SUNSHINE BARRY & THE DISCO WORMS. Oh, and also THE CROODS. What should I do?

F.Y.I. The reason why I say "do" instead of "see" is so you can advise me to "Stay at home", or "Go demand the bad movies be taken out of theaters", or things like that.

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 11:18am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: When I updated the 2013 Eligible Releases List over the weekend, the Los Angeles Times' Sunday listing of movies opening this Friday in L.A. inadvertently left out a title that sure looked like a RAZZIE® Contender: IN-APP-ROPRIATE COMEDY (IMDb LINK). In their up-dated/later-in-the-week "Opening This Weekend" list, the Times did include it -- meaning it does qualify for our consideration after all. 

Starring past RAZZIE® "winners" and/or nominees Lindsay Lohan, Rob Schneider and Michelle Rodriguez (alongside Oscar winner and hard-up TV pitchman Adrien Brody) it's apparently intended to be a "Seltzerberg-like" take on DIRTY HARRY movies, and literally has NOT EVEN ONE REVIEW at Rotten Tomatoes right now (R.T. LINK) -- despite its having opened today. Here's a LINK to watch the trailer for it on R.T. 

If the reviews are as putrid as that trailer (which actually brags that the film was produced by "the Sham-WOW Guy"!) I'd say we have ourselves a "stealth RAZZIE®" and will go ahead and post an Official Forum Discussion of it by next Wednesday...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 12:00pm
If IN-APP-ROPRIATE COMEDY gets an Official Forum, then we should wait until reviews for the other releases. G.I. JOE PART 2 could be good, but it co-stars Bruce Willis (already in consideration for A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD). There's also a new Tyler Perry movie coming out. And after finally being nominated last year, it would be weird if he doesn't get nominated anymore.

I left THE HOST out on purpose. It's not fair to condemn Stephanie Meyer for just one book series. I know this one follows the same formula, but it stars Saoirse Ronan

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 2:18pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I wasn't going to put up a Forum for IN-APP-PROPRIATE COMEDY instead of G.I. JOE: RETALIATION or the Tyler Perry movie next week -- I was going to do it in advance of Friday, because I wasn't aware the film even qualified for consideration until yesterday. 

As for "waiting for reviews" on G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, the fact that the film's release was delayed for re-shoots -- and that it's a sequel to a RAZZIE "winner" from a few years back -- suggests pretty clearly that everyone should be surprised if it doesn't suck...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2013 at 2:24pm
Actually, Headrazz, I just found out that the writers of G.I. Joe: Retaliation are the same people that wrote Zombieland!

I'm not saying DON'T consider it, but I am pointing out something that might make it not so Razzie worthy, as much as I wish it to be.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 104>