Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: April 08 2013 at 5:02pm
RIP Annette, Les, Sara, and Margaret.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2013 at 8:27pm
Blank directed one of my favorite documentaries, Burden Of Dreams, about the hellish experience of making the Werner Herzog masterpiece Fitzcarraldo. Also, the Criterion release of it has a bonus feature called Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe, directed by Blank as well.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 4:01am
The Liberace movie is made for TV, though.  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 6:57am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's an IMDb LINK for BEHIND THE CANDELABRA, which features a cast that's very high-end for a cable film (in addition to Douglas as Liberace, it stars Matt DamonDebbie ReynoldsRob Lowe and Dan Aykroyd). It was directed by Oscar winner Steve Soderbergh, and is being given theatrical release outside the U.SThe fact that it was made over a year ago, and still has no air date on HBO, suggests it may have test-screened poorly -- Meaning, were it to be released theatrically here, it could turn out to be "one of ours." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 8:08am
Up until only a few years ago, the Critics Choice Awards (which do have prestige) had a Best TV Movie category, so why can't the Razzies have a Worst TV Movie category? Based on how LIZ & DICK was trashed, and now BEHIND THE CANDELABRA might have the same fate. Even if it does turn out to be good, there's still plenty in Lifetime and SyFy to choose from.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 10:51am
I would prefer to not have any TV-categories on the Razzie-ballot -- For the simple reason that I don't own a television (I threw it out years ago, and can honestly say that i haven't missed it since!).  

Originally posted by Vits

Up until only a few years ago, the Critics Choice Awards (which do have prestige) had a Best TV Movie category, so why can't the Razzies have a Worst TV Movie category? Based on how LIZ & DICK was trashed, and now BEHIND THE CANDELABRA might have the same fate. Even if it does turn out to be good, there's still plenty in Lifetime and SyFy to choose from.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2013 at 11:47am
Shocked 
Sinner! 
LOL 
As was pointed out earlier, those made-for-TV movies are sometimes released in theaters in other countries.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2013 at 7:09am
New releases here: STOKER, Tanya Wexler's HYSTERIA, and, THIS MUST BE THE PLACE. Oh, and also OBLIVION. What should I do?

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 10:37am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Just heard that one of my favorite comedians from childhood -- and one of the great comic minds of the 20th century -- has passed away:
JONATHAN WINTERS (who was an inspiration to Robin Williams among others) was 87. 

LINK for his L.A. Times obit... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 12:04pm
So that means Smurfs 2 will be his last movie??  

F***! 

RIP Jonathan Winters...  

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 3:23pm
This is a tad late, but new releases here are:  

- Warm Bodies
- Oblivion (It's currently at between 60-65% if anyone's curious.)
- Kon Tiki
And of course, Scary Movie 5

What should I do? 

Also wanted to mention: Saw that creator James Wan is confirmed to direct Fast & Furious 7, after Justin Lin didn't want to direct again due to Universal wanting to rush it into 2014 release date. 

Also, RIP Jonathan Winters! 

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 3:37pm
Jesse -- Go see Warm Bodies...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 6:38pm
If I had to, and I really mean had to, choose between another adaptation of ROMEO & JULIET or a modern day version, I'd choose the former.

Also, we'll see if Hailee Steinfeld lives up to her promising role in TRUE GRIT. Do you know why she hasn't been seen since? Because she was offered like 5 movies, they've all been going through pre-production and filming during the 3 years since her Oscar nomination... and apparently, they'll all be released this year and next.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 11:19am
Turns out I was right about TO THE WONDER: It's now got a 42% on R.T. (which isn't really Razzie-worthy). Ironically, the movie "42" has now got 70%. 

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 7:19am
I think Hunger Games 2 looks bad -- but not as bad as Grown Ups 2 looks!  

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2013 at 7:40am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry:  HUNGER GAMES 2 will likely not be a serious RAZZIE® Contender, while GROWN UPS 2 is all but guaranteed to be. In addition to being a sequel to something that was RAZZIE® nominated, it was directed by 2011 Worst Director "winner" Dennis Dugan, and stars (and was co-written by) current "RAZZIE® Fave Rave" Adam Sandler, in addition to RAZZIE® "winner" David Spade, former RAZZIE® nominee Kevin James and 2012 Worst Supporting Actor "winner" Taylor Lautner.  Here's an IMDb LINK. for complete cast & Credits.

With those credentials, how could it not be a contender?? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 104>