Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > GENERAL DISCUSSION of 2013 RELEASES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 104>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of 2013 RELEASES LIST...
    Posted: October 05 2013 at 8:48am
Did you just hate Schumacher because he made so many bad films, or was there something else that gave you the Forum name you bear today?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Yesterday at the Syracuse Film Festival was great. Schumacher screened Falling Down and had a quick Q & A afterwards. After seeing him speak, I'm not sure if I can hate him anymore. He was a nice answerer and wasn't rude to anyone. He has a great sense of humor, especially about himself. That screening ran from 7 P.M. to between 9 and 10.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 10:18am
Just the really bad films, specifically Batman And Robin. When I first joined up here, I thought that he was the main reason for the film's incredible suckiness. However, I've learned since then that most of the problems were the fault of other people and Schumacher was just left holding the bag. Warner Bros. cared more about selling action figures than making a good movie, and it was Akiva Goldsman* who thought up all those stupid ice puns. Apparently, Schumacher wanted to work with Frank Miller, which would have been awesome.

*I'm actually pissed-off over how little blame Goldsman gets. He's the one who thought "ice to see you" was a good line -- and he has a God-damn Oscar!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 11:33am

I'm making no promises.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

If Machete Kills does get some kind of Razzie attention, can we please leave Lady Gaga alone?    

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 12:52pm
SchumacherH8ter, you can't change your name. I've already got used to it.
LOL
Personally, I don't think it really matters if he's a nice guy. When I watch a bad movie, I don't wonder how the director, the writer or the cast are in real life. Hell, legends like Marlon Brando and Stanley Kubrick were said to have been very mean and rude.

Originally posted by moviecritic1994

If Machete Kills does get some kind of Razzie attention, can we please leave Lady Gaga alone?    

We'll see, "Chris".
LOL
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2013 at 1:03pm
My opinion of his films are still the same, it's just my opinion of the man himself that's changed.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 3:28pm
As I said a few days earlier, GRAVITY is one of the best-reviewed films of the year. MACHETE KILLS already has a forum, which means there's room for another one. Next week there's also CAPTAIN PHILLIPS (with good early reviews) and ROMEO & JULIET. I don't think it'll be bad because of the talent involved in the project, but since the story has been adapted so many times, it could easily suck. Last week I suggested the Worst Actress poll but HeadRAZZ said there aren't enough contenders. Then how about Worst Supp. Actor or Actress?

THE LONE RANGER and KICK-ASS PART 2 are among Quentin Tarantino's favorite films of this year so far. Why doesn't he post his list at the end of the year like everyone else? Or at least halfway through the year like some do?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2013 at 8:01pm
"Machete Kills" looks like a viable contender for Worst Prequel or Sequel and Worst Screen Ensemble.  Danny Trejo might not be able to compete with the Worst Actor contenders (there are too many), but some of the other cast members may have a shot at the supporting role Razzies.  Among the cast members are an Oscar winner (Mel Gibson), an Oscar nominee (Demian Bichir), a pop musician (Lady Gaga), and three performers already in trouble for their roles in other films (Amber Heard in "Paranoia," Michelle Rodriguez in "InAPPropriate Comedy," and Carlos Estevez/Charlie Sheen in "Scary Movie V").

As for "Romeo and Juliet," actors Hailee Steinfeld ("True Grit"), Douglas Booth, Damian Lewis ("Homeland"), Paul Giamatti ("Cinderella Man"), and screenwriter Julian Fellowes ("Gosford Park") could compete for nods.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 5:43am
Super early reviews have come in for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty... and they don't look too positive -- This review says it is a very "vanilla" film:  

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 11:41am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Reinforcing Oiram's point from above, here's the LINK to check out the early Rotten Tomatoes numbers on WALTER MITTY (currently 29%) and here's the LINK to read today's L.A. Times article talking about the risk of screening the film this far in advance (at the New York Film Festival). James Thurber, who wrote the original short story on which both this 2013 Ben Stiller remake and an earlier 1947 Danny Kaye screen version are based, is one of my all time favorite authors, so I was personally expecting to dislike this "up-dating" of Thurber's work. But even I am surprised at the poor reception the new MITTY got at the festival. I am happy to say that things don't look promising for this $90 million remake to recoup its costs come Christmas.

For those who doubt my analysis, see below... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2013 at 5:19pm
Bradley Cooper will produce a TV adaptation of LIMITLESS. Ummm... Why?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 12:21pm
Bad news, guys.

Jennifer Ehle of Zero Dark Thirty is in talks to appear in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie: LINK

That sucks because I know she is a good actress, and deserves better than Fifty Shades. I hope she'll back down from it.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2013 at 12:38pm
According to this, Seltzerberg's latest opus The Starving Games might be coming out on VOD the same day as its theatrical release. If true then the film will be ineligible and I won't have to see it! Yay!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2013 at 1:11pm
ROMEO & JULIET has started off at 30%.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 5:08am
After the success of AMERICAN PIE, there was a wave of teen sex comedies in Hollywood. It was only time before other countries would catch up. In 2004, the Chilean PROMEDIO ROJO (it means "Red average", an expression we use for a student who's failing in school) was made. I liked it a lot, but a lot of critics didn't. They said it was more of a rip-off than an homage to the genre. Some even said that the director was trying too hard to be Alex De La Iglesia. But it was still a box office success (MTV even filmed a TV pilot based on the movie) and it's still remembered today as a cult movie. I guess that's why they've made a sequel. I'm guessing it's about the 10-year high school reunion.

That's one of the new releases here, along with KICK-ASS PART 2, ELYSIUM, JAGTEN (THE HUNT), POLITIST ADJECTIV, and, V/H/S PART 2 (released only a few months after the 1st one!). What should I do?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 5:13am
Try to see the first three films you mentioned.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2013 at 1:28pm
Shouldn't THE HANGOVER PART III be the #2 Worst New Movie on DVD?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7475767778 104>