Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > A MADEA CHRISTMAS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of A MADEA CHRISTMAS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of A MADEA CHRISTMAS
    Posted: December 02 2013 at 1:51pm

DESPITE BEING NOMINATED for MULTIPLE RAZZIES® JUST LAST YEAR for HIZ UMPTEENTH DRAG APPEARANCE in MADEA's WITLESS PROTECTION (INCLUDING WORST ACTRESS!) TYLER PERRY SEEMS DETERMINED to MILK THIS GUY-in-a-DRESS CHARACTER MADEA 'TILL SHE's as DESSICATED as a VAMPIRE's VICTIM -- AND IT LOOKS LIKE NOBODY CAN CONVINCE HIM to QUIT! 

BUT A MADEA XMAS DOESN'T JUST RE-CYCLE ITS MAIN CHARACTER, IT SHARES a TITLE (and WHO KNOWS HOW MANY JOKES?) with a DIRECT-to-VIDEO RELEASE ENTITLED A MADEA CHRISTMAS from 2 YEARS AGO (IMDb LINK).

AND PERRY's NOT the ONLY RAZZIE® VETERAN on DISPLAY HERE: AS THOUGH BEGGING for OUR ATTENTION, TYLER HAS CAST in a SECONDARY ROLE 3-TIME PAST NOMINEE LARRY the CABLE GUY.

THIS ONE REEKS SO BLATANTLY THAT WE ALMOST DON'T NEED to SEE IT to KNOW IT's a CONTENDER.

BUT THEN WE'D MISS the OPPORTUNITY to SEE OUR LEAST FAVORITE CROSS-DRESSING CHARACTER CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS...

WAIT a MINUTE...THAT's a BERRY UN-CONVINCING ARGUMENT!  

JUST for GIGGLES, HERE's the LINK to SEE OUR FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM...

...and HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT. 

NOW, in the TRUE SPIRIT of the HOLIDAZE...
FIRE AWAY!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 2:02pm
Thank you for taking my suggestion for the Foto Funny, Headrazz. I was not sure if that was Kathy Najimy in the picture. She sure has lost a lot of weight since Rat Race, the last movie I saw her in.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 2:16pm
Oh yeah, and SchumacherH8ter, remember when I said this:

Originally posted by oiram

I just realized, couldn't this be considered a rip-off of that Larry the Cable Guy/Jenny McCarthy movie, Witless Protection?

And you said this?:

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

i'm not sure if Tyler Perry is that lowbrow to rip-off Larry The Cable Guy.

Do you wanna rethink that?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 2:38pm
I must concede: Tyler Perry is that lowbrow!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2013 at 3:16pm
I assumed this was coming out this week. But Rotten Tomatoes made a mistake at listing it along with SAVING MR. BANKS and THE HOBBIT PART 2. The 3 movies are coming out next week. Does this mean you can't create a forum for another movie until then? Oh, well. It's not like there are obvious contenders this week. INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS is practically a lock-in for a Best Picture nomination. However, I noticed that THE LAST DAYS OF MARS is getting bad reviews (a sci-fi movie in limited release is a bad sign). And KHUMBA's poster looks dumb.

By the way, the cast also includes HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT PART 2's Chad Michael Murray.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

BUT A MADEA XMAS DOESN'T JUST RE-CYCLE ITS MAIN CHARACTER, IT SHARES a TITLE (and WHO KNOWS HOW MANY JOKES?) with a DIRECT-to-VIDEO RELEASE ENTITLED A MADEA CHRISTMAS TV from 2 YEARS AGO (IMDb LINK).

I checked. All of Perry's movies are based on plays. That one was taped for a DVD release.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2013 at 10:21pm
I can't wait for the sequel--Madea's Hanukkah! Dead
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 1:25pm
Just from seeing the trailer, it looks like Tyler Perry is losing his drive for playing Madea. I remember way back when he started (I was 11 years old) he first played the character in the film "Diary of a Mad Black Woman." I found his performance in that (and other, earlier Madea films) to be convincing. 

Now it looks as if he's just really tired of the character. 

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2013 at 6:04pm
That's why a lot of actors don't want to do series TV: They feel that playing the same character over and over will make them feel stuck (their words, not mine).
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 8:56am
It has started off with a TomatoMeter rating of  20%... 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 11:10am
We chose right then .

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2013 at 7:51am
I hope they'll retire Madea sooon, for Tyler Perry's sake. Like I said before, he just looks tired and exhausted of playing the Madea character over and over again. 

As long as we don't get another "Alex Cross!" 
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2013 at 8:16am
I'm sure that if Perry were to retire the character, he'd make a finale movie... but would he kill MADEA off? Who knows.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2013 at 8:58am
Actually, I saw an interview saying that if he was really done with the character, he'd make "Madea's Funeral"

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2013 at 9:14am
We've been talking about Larry the Cable Guy being in the movie, but you know who else was in it? These two guys:

I kid you not, look it up.

Post Reply Post Reply