Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > BAGGAGE CLAIM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of BAGGAGE CLAIM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of BAGGAGE CLAIM
    Posted: September 24 2013 at 11:33am

SINCE TYLER PERRY HAS BECOME SOMETHING of a PERENNIAL on OUR FORUM, WE FELT OBLIGATED to INCLUDE THIS, the LATEST "IMITATION TYLER PERRY MOVIE"...

JUST LIKE PERRY's OUTPUT, BAGGAGE CLAIM DREDGES UP HOARY OLD MOVIE CLICHE's (LIKE ROMANTIC MIS-DIRECTION, PREDICTABLE "JOKES" and STICKBOARD CHARACTER) ALL in SERVICE of a "PLOT" THAT, AT BEST, SERVES AS a "TIME KILLER," RATHER THAN an ACTUALLY ENTERTAINING MOVIE. 

BUT DON'T LEAVE US STRANDED ALONE on the RUNWAY -- JOIN US in SHOOTING OUT the TIRES of THIS LATEST EXAMPLE of "NON-ROMANTIC/NON-COMEDIC ROM-COMS" 
BRING IT DOWN BEFORE IT ACHIEVES LIFT-OFF!  

TO GET YOU GOING, HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS FILM...

...and to GET YOU LAUGHING, HERE's a LINK to OUR FOTO FUNNY for IT. 

NOW SEATING ROWS A-F...

* P.S. Thanks to Oiram for Providing the YouTube/Trailer LINK Above... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 12:40pm

Just so people know, the guy in HeadRAZZ's Foto Funny for this film (LINK) is Trey Songz. He was also in Texas Chainsaw 3D, and might have been a Worst Supporting Actor contender if the category was not so crowded this year.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 1:58pm
Actually, this and Texas Chainsaw 3D are probably his biggest roles right now. I think that those would have been enough for a Worst New Star nomination.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 2:32pm
Yep, I'd pretty much say Trey Songz proves why we should've kept Worst New Star all along instead of discontinuing it back in the 90s (or thereabouts).  

To HeadRazz's original post: Now to blow the wings off this film: This doesn't even establish the trend of Tyler Perry imitations! The earliest such film I can recall, Our Family Wedding starring Forest Whitaker, was #31 on the Bottom 40 Films of '010.

To blow a hole in the fuselage: The secondary actress, Djimon ("Doji-mon") Hounsou, starred in 4 of my past Bottom 40ers:

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, Bottom 40 Films of '003, #10
Constantine and Michael Bay's The Island, Bottom 40 Films of '005, #40 and #18
Eragon, Bottom 40 Films of '006, #28

and to depressurize the cabin and siphon out the lead actress... nevermind, Mirrors (Bottom 40 Films of '008, #28) was Paula Patton's only past Bottom 40er. 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 2:42pm
Djimon Hounsou is an actor, not actress. He is also a two time Oscar nominee.  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by oiram

Djimon Hounsou is an actor, not actress. He is also a two time Oscar nominee.
Africa is not my specialty, so I'm a little weaker with their names. Plus, I so rarely hear about him, I can't even remember his gender. His name has only been familiar to me within the past few months, but I admit I should know him better because he's appeared in 5 of my past Best Films:

Amistad, Retro Top 40 Movies of '997, #30
Gladiator, Top 40 Films of '000, #1
In America, Top 40 Films of '003, #11
Hotel Rwanda, Top 40 Films of '004, #12
Blood Diamond, Top 40 Films of '006, #20

...but since then, his career slowed down. I could spend all day coming up with hypotheses as to why I know so little about him if I didn't have any other obligations.

Back to Trey Songz: Who is he competing with besides Battle of the Year for Chris Brown?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 3:05pm
Here's the current list of my choices for Worst Supporting Actor, minus Chris Brown:  

"The Amazing Racist" Ari Shaffir/InAPPropriate Comedy 
Hank Azaria/The Smurfs 2 
Harrison Ford/Paranoia 
Brendan Gleeson/The Smurfs 2 
Terrence Howard/Dead Man Down, Movie 43, and Winnie Mandela 
Ken Jeong/The Hangover Part III, Pain & Gain, and Rapture-Palooza 
Taylor Lautner/Grown Ups 2 
Seth MacFarlane/Movie 43 
Christopher Mintz-Plasse/Kick-Ass 2 and Movie 43 
Gary Oldman/Paranoia 
Shaquille O'Neal/Grown Ups 2 
Rob Schneider (as J.D.) and Rob Schneider (as Psychologist)/InAPPropriate Comedy 
Charlie Sheen/Scary Movie 5 
David Spade/Grown Ups 2  
Ray Stevenson/G.I. Joe: Retaliation 
Nick Swardson/Grown Ups 2 and A Haunted House 
Jon Voight/Getaway 
Tom Wilkinson/The Lone Ranger 
Robin Williams/The Big Wedding

And also keep in mind any movies not released yet.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Back to Trey Songz: Who is he competing with besides Battle of the Year for Chris Brown?

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 5:06pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I must admit that Hounsou's was the name I was most surprised to see among this film's cast -- Apparently his career as a "classy actor" has hit a road-bump of some kind. 

For the curious, here's an IMDb LINK to see what his two Oscar nominations (both as Best Supporting Actor) were for... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2013 at 5:54pm
So then it is not so surprising that he now has a role in the next Fast & Furious movie? 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I just checked Hounsou's IMDb credits, and he is listed as having a role in the "now filming" FAST & FURIOUS 7...guess that "career road-bump" was bigger than I thought... 

Post Reply Post Reply