Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > BLENDED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of BLENDED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of BLENDED
    Posted: May 27 2014 at 6:37pm
The GROWN UPS movies had a lot more stars. They also had 5 and 4 leads, while this one has 2. That influences on the salary, right?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 7:46pm
While salaries do cost a lot, there's no damn way that they could make something cheap-looking like the Grown Ups films cost $80 million without doing some "creative" book-keeping! 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 5:48pm
Okay, I am gonna get a TON of sh*t for this, but, honestly, I didn't think Blended was that bad.  Don't get me wrong, it was bad.  Just not THAT bad!  I never felt offended at any point in the movie (the closest was when the Rhinos were humping each other), and (you're REALLY gonna hate this) I genuinely laughed on more than one occasion.  The problem with Blended is that we've seen this before.  This is nothing new.

Now I ended up seeing this at my local Drive-In Movie Theater along with Maleficent, and to be honest, I thought Maleficent was WORSE than Blended.  Blended was boring and predictable, but Maleficent was a flat out $180,000,000 butchery of a Disney Classic.  (One, I might add, thatwasn't that good of a story to begin with)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2014 at 6:15pm
Do you think either of those movies should get nominations?
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2014 at 5:13am
Honestly, I don't think Blended should be nominated for anything. Again, it's bad, just not that bad.

Maleficant on the other hand:

Worst Screenplay
Worst Actress (Angelina Jolie)
Worst Sup. Actress (Ella Fanning)
Worst Actor (Sharlto Copley)
Worst Remake

It's still too early to really consider these as legit nominations, but they should at least be considered
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 6:45pm
Here's my review for: BLENDED

Okay let's get this over with... Blended! Yeah at first I really wasn't looking forward to watching this movie. After watching the two Grown Ups movies, Jack & Jill and That's My Boy I knew Adam Sandler has dug his hole and will possibly never get out of it. Believe it or not, Blended actually surprised me a bit. Don't get me wrong, Blended is still a really bad movie but it seems somewhat different from the other recent Sandler comedies. It almost seems like there was ACTUAL EFFORT when it came to making this movie. What do I mean? Well let's find out, this is Blended.

Jim (Adam Sandler) and Lauren (Drew Barrymore) have a really bad blind date. After that date, they don't really want to see each other again. Somehow thanks to Lauren's heartless and idiotic friend Jen, Lauren and her children get to go on a vacation to Africa. Here, they unexpectedly meet Jim and his kids. I'll just say it right now, the whole trip to Africa thing was very unneeded. For the first 30 or 45 minutes of this movie, it almost seemed like there was a story going on in this movie. Then out of nowhere, we go to Africa to see offensive stereotypes and a strangely annoying Terry Crews. I think if all the characters just stayed where they were, we would've gotten a movie with better focus. Because more than half this movie has no real idea what it wants to be. I'll explain a bit more on that later.

The acting ranges from good to excruciatingly painful. For the most part, the entire cast either has no real role or they're not just trying at all. As expected, Adam Sandler just plays a more subtle version of himself. He's not as loud or annoying here as he is in Jack & Jill. Drew Barrymore on the other hand, really shines in this movie. I mean her performance is nothing really new or extraordinary, but still I really admire how much she takes this role seriously. It's almost like Christina Ricci in Bucky Larson. Barrymore gives a rather good performance in a really bad movie and I admire that in an actor/actress. However, there are a lot of awful performances here as well. For instance, Terry Crews offers noting to this movie. He has nothing funny to do or say. Most of the time, he follows Jim and Lauren around and sings really awful songs with his choir of other idiots. Same with Joel McHale, for some reason he's in this movie and is totally wasted. His only role in this is to be an asshole, that's it. He doesn't do or say anything funny at all. Even though Shaquille O'Neal has a very small cameo in this movie, he still manages to annoy me in such a small amount of time.

So what is it I hate most about this movie? Well Blended doesn't feel real to me because no character in this movie acts like a real person. Every character in Blended is so boring and clichéd to the point where it's redundant. There is no life to this movie because there is no life in our characters. We have to spend almost 2 hours with these people and we never get a chance to relate to them. The kids in this movie don't act like real kids. More than half the time, they annoy the living crap out of me. Also, the love connection between Jim and Lauren is not believable. For more than half the movie, they're both so mean spirited toward each other where you ask yourself "Do these people love hurting each other"? I still have no idea how in the world they would even be together since they seem to hate each other a lot of the time.

Just like I said earlier, Blended has no real identity as a film. Sometimes it wants to be a slapstick comedy, other times it wants to be a sentimental movie with some type of message. What that message is, I have no idea because the film seems to forget what it is very quickly. Blended would've been a better movie if it had more focus and also knew what to do with the funny people in it. Another big problem is the fact that Blended isn't that funny either. Yeah, I laughed a few times but really that's not enough for a movie to be considered funny.

I'll just say this, Blended did have something going for it. Unlike Jack & Jill and the two Grown Ups films, there was actual effort put into this movie. However, a few funny jokes, Drew Barrymore's good performance and the out of nowhere effort can't save Blended. It's still a really bad movie with bad acting, cluttered writing, a weak love connection and the lack of reality in it's characters. Still, I think we all know this: Adam Sandler and Happy Madison Productions can do a whole lot Worse.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 7:37pm
What do you think it should be nominated for?
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2014 at 7:41pm
Worst Supporting Actor- Terry Crews
Worst Screen Couple- Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
Worst Screen Ensemble
Worst Screenplay
Worst Director
Worst Actor- Adam Sandler
worst Picture
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2014 at 10:03pm
Here's my suggestions for nominations: 

Worst Picture

Worst Actor. Adam Sandler. His presence is just as bad as it was in Grown Ups 2

Worst Supporting Actor. Terry Crews. His over-acting is too obvious to ignore. 

Worst Director. Frank Coraci. Many of the "gags" are over-stretched. Coraci should get some of the blame for this. 

Worst Screenplay. Ivan Menchell and Clare Sera. They should also receive some of the blame for the over-stretched gags. 

Worst Screen Combination. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Sandler's often irritating presence makes for a bad screen combination. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2014 at 3:08am
The Italian title for this movie is "INSIEME PER FORZA" in English would be "TOGETHER FOR STRAIGHT", more or less.
Maybe they want us to understand that it is a film that after seeing it take you to find a "straitjacket" ? LOL
 Another week and finally I will see it in full and then discuss it here completely!
I am Doppiatore Matto, italian Moviegoer
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 9:40pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:

-Worst Actress for Drew Barrymore.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Terry Crews.
-Worst Supp. Actress and Worst New Star for Bella Thorne.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Original Song for WHAT DO YOU LOVE? by The Sandler Family.
-Worst Written Film Grossing $100 Million.
-Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie.
-Worst Picture.

Oh, and maybe Worst Actor for Adam Sandler. But not Worst Screen Combo for Sandler & Barrymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12