Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > BLENDED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of BLENDED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of BLENDED
    Posted: September 13 2014 at 2:54am
I have seen some of the titles you named and they just as much deserve Razzie attention as Blended (Read my review if you want more specifics on that). I'm not saying Blended will win Worst Picture, but it does deserve to at the very least get a few nominations.

Jacob, I know you really want The Amazing Spider-Man 2 to get Worst Picture. But really there are far more worse movies that came out in 2014. We are suppose to give awards to films that are the Worst, not the movies that pissed us off the most. Like I said, I admire your passion but there's no way TASM2 is worse than Blended.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 9:54am
Oh, thanks for clarifying on Blended, I thought you were saying it ought to considered as a serious contender for Worst Picture. I did say I would consider Terry Crews but that's really it.

And I'm sorry to say this, but SONY-MAN 2 is by far the Worst movie, all factors considered, of the year so far. Infinitely worse than Blended. sh*t, even Sex Tape and The Single Moms Club were worse than Blended. I only brought up SONY-MAN 2 for comparisons sake, but I respect your opinion all the same, even if I have to completely disagree.

You see, its not that Blended is such a good movie or even a decent one that it doesn't deserve our consideration. Its just that there are so many obviously worse movies that came out this year! It just seems so...........pointless. And like such an waste of time considering all the competition. You can disagree all you want, but I just feel that this movie hasn't the significance or offensiveness to be talked about as a serious Razzie contender.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:07pm
I gotta say... This has been a weak year for bad movies. No, that's not a typo. There has been a lot of bad movies this year, but most of them have been just forgettable. Offensive? Sure, some of them. But I doubt anyone will talk about them 2 years from now. Even if you don't agree with certain Worst Picture winners, you have to admit that, one way or another, people still talk about them.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Vits

I gotta say... This has been a weak year for bad movies. No, that's not a typo. There has been a lot of bad movies this year, but most of them have been just forgettable. Offensive? Sure, some of them. But I doubt anyone will talk about them 2 years from now. Even if you don't agree with certain Worst Picture winners, you have to admit that, one way or another, people still talk about them.

I imagine Jeremy Jahns would agree with you. Here are his grades, as I remember them, for the films that I'm considering for the RAZZIES and/or my Bottom 40 list this year. The color codes correspond to month of release

"Dogsh**"
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones
The Legend of Hercules
Devil's Due
Transformers: Age of Extinction

"You're not gonna remember... in T-minus... Yep! Already forgot"
Ride Along
Vampire Academy
3 Days to Kill
Tammy
Sex Tape
Into the Storm
Let's Be Cops
The Expendables 3

"If you're drunk! Yeeahh! Now it's a party!"
I, Frankenstein
Pompeii '014
Need For Speed
Transcendence
A Haunted House 2
Nick Cassavetes' The Other Woman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '014

"A good time, no alcohol required"
That Awkward Moment
As Above, So Below

Not reviewed by Jahns
The Nut Job
Winter's Tale
Endless Love [remake]
The Single Moms' Club
David Ayer's Sabotage
Walk of Shame
Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return
Blended
Think Like a Man Too
The November Man
The Identical
Atlas Shrugged Part III

As you can see, in the likely event Jeremy Jahns makes another top 10 worst films list, he'll have slim pickings too! This is in contrast to the middle of September 2013, by which time Jahns had given 9 films "Dogsh**" or some variant thereof.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:39pm
I actually think the race for Worst Picture will come down to a three-way battle between Legend of Hercules, Transcendence and Transformers 4.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:46pm
I don't see anyone talking about 2008's winner The Love Guru or 2007's winner I Know Who Killed Me. Or like I said, even 1997's winner The Postman. sh*t, very few people seem to remember last years winner Movie 43. Now how many people remember After Earth and Grown Ups 2? A LOT more, that's for sure!

And I was genuinely shocked to hear you say that this has been "a weak year for bad movies. I believe the exact opposite!

So far there have been only a few movies I would consider GREAT. They are:

Snowpiercer: My personal favorite so far.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Grand Budapest Hotel

And yes, even Divergent and 300: Rise of an Empire, but in a great entertainment "popcorn-fun" kind of way.
I also really liked:

The Drop

A Most Wanted Man

Luc Besson's Lucy

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Purge: Anarchy

Edge of Tommorow

How to Train Your Dragon 2 I thought was okay but nowhere near as thrilling or as nuanced as the original.

The Lego Movie I have some serious problems with I'd rather not discuss. Coming from a Lego fan!!!

I thought X-men: Days of Future Past and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes were entertaining if somewhat forgettable. I used to have a similar problem with Days of Future Past that The Lego Movie also kind of had, but I have since gotten over it w/ DoFP.

I also found Boyhood decent, but needlessly overlong to the point it took away from the impact of the film as a whole, which was disappointing.

Overall, while there have been some good movies like the ones I mentioned above, only a few were genuinely GREAT IMHO. This isn't like 2001 or 2012, both banner years for cinema in which everyone talented seemed to be working. Like I said, there have been a few gems here and there, but so many "forgettable" ones that are just plain unnecessary!

No matter how you look at it, there have been easily more failures this year than great or even just plain good ones.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:49pm
Also, thanks GTAH8ter, I'm a really big fan of Jeremy Jahn's and I honestly can't express through typed words how much I appreciate this list!

Rock on, man!!!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:54pm
Oh good, you've seen The Drop. Glad you liked it.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 3:55pm
Also if it were a three-way battle between Trannies #4, The Legend of Hercules, and Transcendence I would be more than satisfied.
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2014 at 4:48pm
Oh, and I also forgot to mention I really liked Chef. Excellent movie by Jon Favreau!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123