Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on COLOMBIANA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...
    Posted: August 26 2011 at 3:07am
Apparently, Roger Ebert mentioned in his review of Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, he said the haunted mansion in the film was right here in Australia. FTW! (for the win).
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 5:35am
Uh-oh, could this be the fourth blockbuster that the Razzies got wrong this summer?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I am posting this, just after 4pm/PST on opening day of COLOMBIANA, it's R.T. rating has plummeted to just 33% favorable (LINK) meaning that reviews are running two-to-one NEGATIVE for the film. So...no, I don't think we got this one wrong.

"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 11:58am
While there's no R.T. consensus yet, I predict it will stay between 40-50%. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I know he produced Taken, but that wasn't very good quality-wise; it's more of a guilty pleasure. It was fun to watch Liam Neeson do horrible things to horrible people who did horrible things to his daughter, but not satisfying artistically.

Oh!I forgot about TAKEN. I gave it 1/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2011 at 2:12pm
Come to think about it, isn't this movie just "Taken" except a revenge for parents' death plot instead of a revenge for daughter's kidnapping plot (and trading Liam Neeson for the much easier on the eyes Zoe Saldana)? And another six degrees of seperation: Liam Neeson starred in "The A-Team" and Zoe Saldana starred in the A-Team knockoff, "The Losers". Those are two performers whose careers I never thought would mirror each other's!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 5:04pm
I wasn't the one who asked for this forum (I think Vheid spearheaded this!), but now the reviews on Rotten T are down to 34%, which is simply bad, as opposed to terrible enough to warrant a nomination. Zoe Saldana's mistakes in this movie aren't worth it. On Metacritic, the reviews are at 48%.

As for the whole skin color thing, if it were up to me, race would never be an issue outside of medical science. I don't understand how or who to represent properly, and I pay rather little attention to skin color compared with ethnic background.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:21pm
I don't think you can really blame Zoe for this movie. It's her first lead role, which is always a milestone for the career of any actor / actress. And based on her past movies (AVATAR = sci-fi action movie; LOSERS = action movie; STAR TREK = sci-fi action movie), yet another action movie must have seemed like a good choice for her agent to go with. 

However, I don't think this movie will get much Razzie attention, as there are bigger fish to fry -- like a certain one trick pony, former SNL performer, or a certain glorifed music video director...  
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 1:21pm
I have to agree, especially with such RAZZIE repeat offenders like the TWIGHLT Franchise (An affront to all of the decent horror genres out there) which deserves our attention much more than this Hugh Hefner like Segal Flick (I got to admit howver Zoe sure beats the heck out of Segal in the looks arena). Beer
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 2:24pm
Oh, for Pete's sake! Not another person who's got the Twilight Saga completely wrong and therefore feels it deserves to be punished. If people could actually comprehend what the movies are about then maybe they would not have such an aversion to them. It is simply a teen romance story that happens to have vampires in it. It has never claimed to be remotely in the horror genre. Why can people not get that? People are wrong when they criticize it for not fitting the mold they themselves created for it. If you do not like teen romance stories fine but it is hardly worth attention here, even in that category, there are much worse to choose from. People need to stfu about Twilight being an abomination to vampire movies when it has never even attempted to compete with other vampire stories and simply have them there for character differentiation purposes. Ignorant Twilight bashing is really beginning to annoy me!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 2:50pm
No Just another person who probably has gotten it pretty much right. Sorry "Buddy" but I can't respect something that not only completely mocks such a respected genre as Horror but the actors themselves could not act there way thru an Ed Wood directed feature which makes the offense even worseOuch. Also I hate to point this out to you but your in the one forum that "Bashing" is an art form and we take it very seriously here (Especially Me!Thumbs Up). So if you do not like being "Annoyed" I suggest you go elsewhere for your "Teen Romance" bruised joke of a franchise  like a Twilight fan site were they will tell you all the things you want to hear and not the truth of the reality of it.

Also leave Pete out of it next time, it's not his fault his view is not the same as yours!Unhappy

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 3:03pm
Excuse me but how exactly have you got it right? You are very wrong in this case. Think about it. These books were written for young adults and the vampires are used as metaphors for those who are not socially accepted. They are never written as traditional vampires. How have the books or movies EVER mocked the horror genre when they have NEVER even been in it??? Seriously what are you on about? It has always been a teen romance with vampires in it and not a horror vampire movie. How can I make you understand this?? 
Adults who bash Twilight are complete morons in my opinion because it just shows that they do not have the capability to understand what I have just written which as far as I'm concerned is as obvious as can be!
Also the actors act those parts exactly as they are written. I bet you have not even read the books and just bash Twilight because you are so cool! 
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 5:45pm
Can we just stop the f**king argument please?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:15pm

Thankfully No, After seeing the 1st two monstrosities that the books are based on I decided to skip the source material and go right into hysterics (just kidding), but I did consider that reading the books would be a waste of my time and life can be so short.

As far as what I am about...well, as most of the people in this forum I am about the love and Romanticism of a 90 to 120 minute foray into another reality that has nothing to do with my normal everyday life. When done right (Or even 50 - 75 percent done right) I experience firsthand what the director is interpreting from the screenplay that is written and the actors translates into a believable reality of what we the viewers can relate to. When a movie falls extremely short of that, it is a moral obligation to make sure that Hollywood knows of its failure whether they care or not (Most times it is not).

If I am a Moron for not subscribing to your value’s or opinion’s then so be it, I am a moron. As I tried to tell you once before this is a forum where all opinions are laid and not all of them will be what you want to hear. Here is a link to one of the Twilight debacles from Rotten Tomatoes from people who I am sure the majority you would also describe as “Morons” for not seeing the values and morals as you do.

Bottom Line, either you come to the understanding not all people are going to agree that while a lucrative money maker, Twilight is not a franchise to be a credit to any form of the genre of “Horror” or “Romance” or not get your reality crushed by going to another forum where you know that they will not speak ill of your “Teen Romance”.

Either way I will still be here to point out those short comings from whoever wants to do so.Hug

Words to live by:
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by jesse685

Can we just stop the f**king argument please?

Sorry Jesse, I agree this is a little off topic but were you see a f***ing arguement I see as a friendly debateWink.

Now back to our topic that is already in progress....

Words to live by:
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 6:52pm
So you admit that you have not even read the stories that you so harshly judge yet you believe that you know all there is to know about it?? You have just proven yourself to be a prejudice, ignorant and unreliable source of information. I could care less what the cliques of other Twilight bashers, who think they know it all but really are just incapable of understanding the source material so they go along with what the ignorant "cool" consensus, have to say. They are all the same. Robots incapable of thinking for themselves. Anyway for every basher I could show you at least 5 lovers. Other people's opinions do not sway me. I think for myself and I am working from facts here. You keep on saying that Twilight is doing a discredit to the horror genre. You do not seem to get it. The movies are not now nor have they ever been trying to be horror. If this is your issue with the movies thus making them razzie worthy then your justification is completely misguided. One last point, which further indicates your prejudice nature. The next Twilight movie is not even out yet but you are so sure it will suck and be worthy of attention...why? Oh because your friends in the cliques who have never read it and do not get the fact that it is not trying to be horror say so?! Not a good or valid reason. Look. Dislike it all you like for your superficial and misguided reasons but to head hunt it for razzie consideration when there are so many movies already out this year that actually deserve attention is just ridiculous. Grown adults taking this teen romance so seriously...really is silly in my opinion. If people have decided it is trying to be a serious adult horror movie then they are simply wrong. There is absolutely no valid reason for indicating that Twilight should be in contention. None.
They are basically made for teen girls and an amount of women of all ages. If you do not fit in to this category you will probably not particularly like it but that does not make it a bad movie. Simply because it does not satisfy your personal taste. Why do people not understand this simple concept.
Apologies to other members for being sucked in to a debate on the forbidden topic but I could not help myself when the topic was unnecessarily brought up/ wrongly accused! Sorry I just feel strongly about this and have a strong desire to defend.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:23pm
Not Only I'm I am sure it will suck (Literally) but I'll bet you a can of soda that it will actually win a razzie sprayed painted trophie this time around (Trust me it is due).

Since you obviously have a reading impairment (probably of the third kind) and have not taken note of what I have said in my previous post I'll try breaking it down to you so you can understand...

1) I did not read the books because I considered it a big waste of my time and anybody elses

2) For the umptenth time, This is a forum for one to express thier opinions, Bad or Good. If you can't handle that you need to do go somewhere else were your delicate feelings will not get hurt.

3) Get a life, you desperately need to do so. If you have gotten to a point that you can't discern between harmless cristism and more important issues other than this absolutely lame franchise that you have to now resort to verbal insults of another persons opionin.

As Jessie has pointed out it is time for us to move on to the topic at hand but before I go I have one last thing to say....

Live Long and ProsperApprove

Words to live by:
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

Not Only I'm I am sure it will suck (Literally) but I'll bet you a can of soda that it will actually win a razzie sprayed painted trophie this time around (Trust me it is due).

Since you obviously have a reading impairment (probably of the third kind) and have not taken note of what I have said in my previous post I'll try breaking it down to you so you can understand...

1) I did not read the books because I considered it a big waste of my time and anybody elses

2) For the umptenth time, This is a forum for one to express thier opinions, Bad or Good. If you can't handle that you need to do go somewhere else were your delicate feelings will not get hurt.

3) Get a life, you desperately need to do so. If you have gotten to a point that you can't discern between harmless cristism and more important issues other than this absolutely lame franchise that you have to now resort to verbal insults of another persons opionin.

As Jessie has pointed out it is time for us to move on to the topic at hand but before I go I have one last thing to say....

Live Long and ProsperApprove
I just think it is really pathetic that grown adults would actually rather see a harmless teen romance be slated because it does not satisfy their own personal taste than the actual critically appalling movies we are forced to deal with. I would much rather see the latter get their just desserts. That to me, that is what the Razzies is all about. So some adults do not like the tame teen vampire movie (which is not a horror movie!!), well boo hoo . It is not the end of the World and it is certainly not worse than the tripe of other movies we have encountered such as Season of the Witch that is all I am saying. Lets keep things in perspective. So many very very bad movies. Twilight simply is not one of them. 
Apologies again for being drawn in to this.
With that I will gracefully bow out and hope Colombiana gets some lovely razzie attention back!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>