Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on COLOMBIANA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of COLOMBIANA...
    Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:46pm
Will Agree Not Agree, One can do no better than that. Thats keeping it in perspective.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

Will Agree Not Agree, One can do no better than that. Thats keeping it in perspective.
Lol! Not really. But I appreciate the effort! Tell me this then, how can you possibly say that Twilight deserves attention when as I said before there is so much worse out there? I am always just fascinated by peoples reasoning behind their harsh opinions of it especially when as a teen girl movie it really should be easily ignored by those who simply do not like it in my opinion and the movies with huge razzie credentials that are critically slammed or box office bombs should be where the focus here lies instead.
On second thought, never mind, forget I asked. I agree we should just let the subject die.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:39am
I miss Miguel,but now I see he never left. LOL
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:23am
Sorry Buddy I fell asleep Sleepy , That happens when I tend to repeat myself. Anyways, just as a friendly reminder when the next installment of "I was a Teen Vampire/Werewolf Romance" comes out in November i'm about 99.9 percent sure that John (The Head Razzberry) will have a big 8 X 11 discussion thread ready to go. So if you do not want to be offended I would steer clear.

This has been a friendly service message brought to you by people who care Hug

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 11:35am
Um, I'm lost here. How did this turn into a debate over "Twilight"? That's a pretty big leap, from wannabe "La Femme Nikita" female assassin movie to wannabe "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer/Underworld" paranormal romance movie.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 1:17pm
Sorry about that SuperTeenTopia, This unfortunately started over a comment I made concerning the original topic discussion and made reference that I thought that "The Twilight Franchise was more deserving" of razzie gold when "BAM"!!!! Nuke The Super Uber Twilight Fanboy from the Teen Vampire Romance Apocalypse came down and brought with him (or Her) a fury of big words!!!Angry 

This would be actually a good topic of discussion for when John Opens Up the thread for the next twilight movie, maybe he will move it there when the time comes.

Words to live by:
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 1:32pm
I have learned that there is absolutely no point in having discussions with people regarding the unjustly treated teen movie for teenage girls because men especially, who think they know whats best for teen girl movies, dislike them so they decide that because they dislike them they must be bad. It is the most close minded and ridiculous behavior in my eyes but unfortunately that is how it is. 
That being said. I'm not going anywhere so if I feel the desire I will still discuss it even to no avail.

Most people with a certain amount of intelligence realize that just because they do not like something it does not make it bad especially when they are not the target audience.

I really hope Head Razz sees the light and sees where I am coming from. I know I am right about this. It is not a bad movie. It is just disliked mostly by men, who have completely different taste. 
And as I said before I could care less about peoples taste in movies, dislike it all you like, it just simply does not make it razzie worthy. People need to get over their misguided issues with the teen girl movie. Put on their big boy pants and grow up! There are much bigger and more deserving fish to fry. Fact!
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:00pm
Good Morning sunshine Big smile, I seem to remember this was a discussion about Colombiana once upon a time but I guess somebody put the wrong thread name on the discussion board, Oh WellDisapprove

I'm sure that John has seen the light, just not the light your looking into. Anyways, Lets wait for him to post the topic discussion for the next "Twilight" movie. Then you and I can tango all you want there were you can continue to call me all the little silly names you want, I promiseThumbs Up.

Until then lets call it a truce and give back the other forum members thier thread on ColombianaHandshake

Words to live by:
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Vits

I miss Miguel,but now I see he never left. LOL
I think you're right! Lol!
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:01pm
I disliked Colombiana. I thought it was predictable and the acting was very wooden from Zoe Saldana but I do not think it is razzie worthy. Much worse movies have graced us with their presence this year and a score of 35 rotten tomatoes is pretty bad but not in the razzie zone in my opinion. See what I did there, I disliked something but realized that there are critically much worse movies for us to play with. I would hope most others would have the decency to do the same for all movies.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 2:17pm
I agree, I think Zoe was uncomfortable in the role she had accepted and was there strictly for the pay check. This movie will defiantly not get any critical accliam nor do I see it coming near at the bottom pile of our awards either. But then again I'm pretty sure the producers never sought to do so and was just set on making an popcorn action flick to make a quick buck. Also I do agree there are more deserving movies worthy of our attention than Colombiana.Approve

Words to live by:
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:07pm
In the end, all actors and actresses need to pay their bills and have to accept whatever movie comes their way to do so. Personally, I think this movie is nothing more than a guilty pleasure, and there are more juicy Razzie targets out there, like a certain movie coming out in November which has recently become an Internet meme ... and I DO NOT mean "Twilight"!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2011 at 7:41pm
I'll agree on the guilty pleasure end of it Evil Smile, not saying that the movie does not have its own unique merrits. But lets stay away from the taboo subject less we break the delicate treaty that was crafted in this hear thread Ermm.

Words to live by:
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:23pm
There's finally an R.T. concensus(31-35%):"Zoe Saldana has the chops but she's taken out by erratic and sloppy filmmaking".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 6:43pm
No surprise there...Good actress in a B movie...what do you get? Rotten Egg Salad Sick

Words to live by:
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by ITbeast

No surprise there...Good actress in a B movie...what do you get? Rotten Egg Salad Sick
Or as my wise, yet slightly oddball grandfather would say, Zoe was a "shiny diamond hidden inside a cow pie"! So perhaps aspects like the directing and the screenplay should get the credit for the movie sucking and Zoe should go scott free. There are more Razzie quality performances out there, like the one by a certain top model in a certain movie about giant fighting robots from outer space.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>