Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS of OUR 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES > FALL POLL: WORST SCREEN COUPLE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of FALL SCREEN COUPLE Poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of FALL SCREEN COUPLE Poll
    Posted: September 09 2013 at 1:52pm
YEAH, YEAH -- WHY DIDN'T WE INCLUDE BRUCE WILLIS and WHOEVER THAT KID WAS with HIM in A GREAT DAY TO DIE HARD??

THIS IS WHERE to BOTH EXPLAIN 
WHY YOU VOTED the WAY YOU DID 
in OUR FALL WORST SCREEN COUPLE POLL...

...and/or OFFER SUGGESTIONS for OTHER 
COUPLE CHOICES THAT WEREN'T INCLUDED. 

HERE's the LINK to VOTE in the POLL, 
and ONCE YOU'VE DONE THAT...

HAVE AT IT! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 2:40pm
I'll say it again: Because only about half of the "Worst Screen Couple" nominations throughout the decades involve strictly two characters or units, the category should ideally be renamed Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley. Four of those options were medleys ("Any two..." and "Any combination of two..."), and should've read "All..." or "All of the..." instead. And though no triples or quartets are being recommended here, from now on, any triples or quartets should be changed from "A and either B or C" to "A, B, and C", and from "A and either B, C, or D" to "A, B, C, and D." And if "Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley" is too long of a name for the category, it should be renamed "Worst on-Screen Grouping", with the above changes made.

Anyways, I stuck to my first priority, vote for as many "Couples" as possible, only resorting to Triples and Quartets if there aren't enough Couples, and avoid Medleys like the plague, opting to save them for Worst Ensemble Cast instead. Thus, my first change to the recommendations list is to replace a nomination for All of the once-reputable actors for The Big Wedding with a Worst Ensemble Cast nomination.

In the end, I voted for the on-screen pairing I thought had the funniest description: The Lone Ranger '013 for Johnny Depp and that dumb dead bird on his head, just like last year when I voted for Madea's Witness Protection for Tyler Perry and his drag get-up. (Of course, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II for Jakob Black and Renesmee Cullen was guaranteed to win due to the pedo-erotic connotations.)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 2:54pm
Actually, yeah, why DIDN'T you include Bruce Willis and Jai Courtney? The Aniston and stripper pole "couple" is what I'd take out in order to put Willis and Courtney in.

I also would have suggested Marlon Wayans and either Essence Atkins, Nick Swardson, or the "Paranormal Activity" for A Haunted House, except I don't know what I would replace it with.*

Admittedly though, my vote over all still goes to Lohan and Sheen.

And I will give you this: thank you for reminding me inanimate objects also count because I can't believe I forgot about nominating the crow as well for The Lone Ranger.

*I hope you are not intending to leave out A Haunted House altogether. I will be really angry if Nick Swardson is just nominated Grown Ups 2 and not also A Haunted House.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 3:06pm
I don't know if changing the name of the category the way GTA said is necessary. But getting rid of the "Any combination of two..." is necessary.

I voted for Depp and the bird to make sure he's not nominated with Hammer. And I would've voted for THE HOST if it had been more specific. Will & Jaden Smiths don't spend enough time together to be considered a "couple." At times, there was an incestuous undertone in HANSEL & GRETEL so I wouldn't mind a nomination.

I also want Adam Devine & Sarah Wright. And maybe Marlon Wayans & either Essence Atkins, the ghost or the ghost inside Atkins, and, Alden Ehrenrich & Alice Englert.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 3:18pm
I voted for the Movie 43 nomination because that movie was so painful, I want it to pull a Jack And Jill.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 3:24pm
I sadly doubt that'll happen.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I voted for the Movie 43 nomination because that movie was so painful, I want it to pull a Jack And Jill.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 4:07pm
So, Vits:  You agree with getting rid of "Any combination of two..." but you don't think that Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley (or even Worst On-Screen Grouping) are better category names than Worst Screen Couple?

Adam DeVine and Sarah Wright raise a question I should've asked a long time ago: I know 21 and Over wasn't quite as bad as The Last Exorcism Part II, but critics gave it a D, and if people want 21 and Over RAZZed so badly, why didn't it get a forum as the 2nd Worst New Film of the Week on March 1, 2013?

If Ehrenreich and Englert are for Beautiful Creatures, then it's just dawned on me that there are 3 wide releases that you people want RAZZed quite badly despite getting C's from critics: Beautiful Creatures, Pain and Gain, and We're the Millers. If they rob The Smurfs 2, R.I.P.D, Paranoia, and jOBS of the 2013 RAZZIES, I'll bust a nut!

To oiram: Why would HeadRAZZ block A Haunted House from any nominations? 

Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 4:24pm
As usual my top pick (so far) for Worst Screen Couple was left out of the list. My current top pick is Lily Collins & Jamie Campbell Bower (The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones). I chose them because of their combined dull acting. 

However it did not stop me from casting my vote for those on the forum's list. I voted for Lindsay Lohan & Charlie Sheen (Scary Movie 5). They are currently number two on my shortlist of nominees. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 5:49pm
GTA: I do think it's a better name. But I feel that maybe we're asking for too much from HeadRAZZ, so I chose the request that's more urgent.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

So you agree with getting rid of "Any combination of two..." but you don't think that Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley (or even Worst On-Screen Grouping) are better category names than Worst Screen Couple?

Adam DeVine and Sarah Wright raise a question I should've asked a long time ago: I know 21 and Over wasn't quite as bad as The Last Exorcism Part II, but critics gave it a D, and if people want 21 and Over RAZZed so badly, why didn't it get a forum as the 2nd Worst New Film of the Week on March 1, 2013?

Come on, man. I know we talked about bad performances in good movies getting Razzie nominations. But 21 & OVER got bad reviews. And unless someone here tells me that I'm wrong and those 2 did have chesmistry, I won't change my mind. Also, THE LAST EXORCISM PART II got a forum because it seemed (and it still seems) like a more obvious contender.

If Ehrenreich and Englert are for Beautiful Creatures, then it's just dawned on me that there are 3 wide releases that you people want RAZZed quite badly despite getting C's from critics: Beautiful Creatures, Pain and Gain, and We're the Millers. If they rob The Smurfs 2, R.I.P.D, Paranoia, and jOBS of the 2013 RAZZIES, I'll bust a nut!

1) BEAUTIFUL CREATURES is one of the many current TWILIGHT wannabes. However, I'm one of the few who have recommended it for Worst Picture. I'm also one of the few who didn't feel the chemistry, which was the most important part of that movie.

2) PAIN AND GAIN was directed by Michael Bay. However, almost nobody has recommended it.
3) WE'RE THE MILLERS' reviews are a lot worse than the previous 2 movies'.

4) If the 1st SMURFS movie (and all the CHIPMUNKS movies) have escaped Razzie nominations, the 2nd one will probably escape as well. So if it does, other movies shouldn't be blamed for that.

5) R.I.P.D. and PARANOIA got our attention because of their bad reviews and bad box office results, but very few have talked about them since their week of release.
So there's no need for you to go all Lance Armstrong on us.

Why would HeadRAZZ block A Haunted House from any nominations?

It didn't get an official forum and it was one of the first releases of the year. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2013 at 10:53pm
Vits: Do you mean that renaming the category would take a lot of work? Or we've made too many requests over the past month or two?

I guess I should've clarified that I support some nominations for 21 and Over to an extent, but was just puzzled as to why it didn't get a forum. Barring a few more deserving films, I won't cry foul if 21 and Over makes the final recommendations ballot.

At Rotten T, Beautiful Creatures, Pain and Gain, and We're the Millers got 46%, 49%, and 47% respectively. Where's the significant difference?

That was mostly due to Bayformers, Twilight, and Adam Sandler sweeping the 2011 nominations, leaving nothing left for much else. If we spread the 2013 nominations amongst more than a dozen filmsThe Smurfs 2 might have a chance of making the finals.

Also, what does Lance Armstrong have to do with this?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 5:29am
I think he was referring to that "Bustin a nut" comment you made.

What does Lance Armstrong have to do with this?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 9:44am
Adding and removing categories is one thing. Re-naming them is another. HeadRAZZ might take it too personally. And it doesn't matter that much anyway. because as long as people keep voting for "Any combination of two..." in the polls (and then on their ballots) why should he change it? At the moment, MOVIE 43 is winning the poll.

Do you mean that renaming the category would take a lot of work? Or we've made too many requests over the past month or two?

At Rotten T, Beautiful CreaturesPain and Gain, and We're the Millers got 46%, 49%, and 47% respectively. Where's the significant difference?

Guess the numbers have changed since the last time I saw them...

Originally posted by oiram

I think he was referring to that "Bustin a nut" comment you made.

Yep. LOL  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 11:33am
I don't see any reason for HeadRazz to take the category name of Worst Screen Couple too personally. Not only does the name "Worst Couple, Triple, Quartet, or Medley" add a lot more than it removes from "Worst Screen Couple", it's a more accurate title because of all of the "A and either B or C", "A and either B, C, or D", and "Any combination of two..." nominations over the years. Plus, perhaps it's just me with my emotionally cold personality, but I find the sentimental value in the old category name "Worst Screen Couple" inconceivable.

Good thing I keep nearly constant tabs on the Tomatometer and Metascore numbers, lest we never notice the rising grades.

The fact that Movie 43 for All of the once-reputable actors is winning the poll brings me to one last point I missed last night: Just because Movie 43's forum was an unofficial one, and the fact that it was among the first films out this year, hasn't stopped it from making any progress in the RAZZIES race, so I still don't see any reason (let alone a good one) for the GRAF to block A Haunted House.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 12:06pm
The Movie 43 nomination is a clear winner. As much as people cringed on After Earth or The Lone Ranger, Movie 43 left a strike on the entire cast. The film was insulting on every scale and I have no idea even to this day why anyone thought this film was a good idea. So yeah my vote for Worst Screen Couple is for "any combination" of people in "Movie 43."
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 12:29pm
It hasn't been in any of the polls so far. Also, some may feel that nominating SCARY MOVIE PART 5 instead is enough.  

Just because Movie 43's forum was an unofficial one, and the fact that it was among the first films out this year, hasn't stopped it from making any progress in the RAZZIES race, so I still don't see any reason (let alone a good one) for the GRAF to block A Haunted House.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2013 at 12:40pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: We invited you to suggest other possible contenders and/or disagree with those we listed -- Not to come up with new titles for the category itself! And while we're on that subject, GTA's suggested title is w-a-a-a-a-y too verbose to ever make it into print in modern media...

As long as you all seem to be Hell-bent on messing with things, I might be amenable to changing it to Worst Screen Combination.  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>