Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on FINAL DESTINATION 5 in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of FINAL D 5 in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of FINAL D 5 in 3-D
    Posted: August 27 2011 at 1:53pm
After reading this mile long thread, I've noticed this moviewizguy is a fan of the series and he takes it as a personal victory that this movie's RT is not below 58%. Okay, whatever. He really seemed to enjoy the movie for whatever reasons, and I'm sure he is as happy as a pig in its own filth that there is going to be a 6th and 7th installment (*cringes*). However, just because you do horror movie reviews on a horror movie website you created, that doesn't make you a professional critic who knows what a good movie is. In other words, his "victory" is an empty and bias one. I won't go any further than that because frankly, I don't want to get into a 9 page long debate with a guy who seems pretty unpopular at this forum and the following is how he is viewed:

"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

After reading this mile long thread, I've noticed this moviewizguy is a fan of the series and he takes it as a personal victory that this movie's RT is not below 58%. Okay, whatever. He really seemed to enjoy the movie for whatever reasons, and I'm sure he is as happy as a pig in its own filth that there is going to be a 6th and 7th installment (*cringes*). However, just because you do horror movie reviews on a horror movie website you created, that doesn't make you a professional critic who knows what a good movie is. In other words, his "victory" is an empty and bias one. I won't go any further than that because frankly, I don't want to get into a 9 page long debate with a guy who seems pretty unpopular at this forum and the following is how he is viewed:

1. I don't do just horror movie reviews and I don't have a horror movie website to do them on.
2. I don't want to be a professional critic nor did I ever think myself as one. I write reviews as a hobby.
3. Horror movie fans have the ability to dislike horror movies just the same as how Indiana Jones fans have the ability to loath Indy 4. Do you think horror fans actually cheer when they hear their beloved classics are getting remade? It's all the same with every movie junkie. Ask anyone if they liked the One Missed Call remake. I doubt anyone would raise their hands.
4. Words such as noob (I thought it was spelled "nub"), troll, op, etc. annoy me. My friends use them in conversations just as much as I read them online. Ughhhh. I swear, League of Legends is the worst game ever invented.
5. One more positive review and FD5 would be considered fresh on RT! Smile
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:12pm
Okay, I can play it safe, here.

1. I WAS NOT talking about you, I was talking about the "good" reviews for FD5. What WE have been pointing out to you, is that the the good reviews are coming from HORROR MOVIE BLOGGERS, which means their opinions are BIAS and should not count. They are no professional critics, they are fans who will love horror movies no matter what. And due to your fanboy-ism, I cannot take your opinon of this movie seriously. 

2. Good, because it seems no one here considers your reviews all that good. Sorry, but that seems to be the wide opinion here.

3. However, after you claimed to hate the last installment, you are glad this one was at least better. It's the same as Batman fans with "The Dark Knight"; after the embrassment of "Batman & Robin", they were overjoyed with Nolan's vision. This is the same with you. You're just glad a movie you love is being accepted as good, HOWEVER, it is being accepted NOT by professional critics, but by more FANS. So it's not a true victory, unlike when "Dark Knight" got 90% or more from PROFESSIONAL critics.

4. You completely missed the point of the picture, Mayhem posted it as an insult. That image is what he thinks of you, frankly, a troll or rather stupid little boy. Again, sorry, but it seems you only have yourself to blame for this image.

5. Yeah, from a BIAS FANBOY, not a professional critic. Again, it's a hollow victory.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:26pm
1. But the links provided in RT do not come from horror movie bloggers. That's what I've been trying to point out to you guys. You think anyone can post their reviews up on RT? I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way. Most of the recent reviews are from UK websites since FD5 is being released this weekend. I know us Americans want to think that we're the only people in the world, but yes, there are other countries out there. And do you actually think a movie called FD5 was made for people who hate the series? It's implied that it was made for the fans. 

2. I highly doubt 2 people is considered a "wide opinion." I am not a child. I go to college with A's and (unfortunately) some B's. I have a GPA higher than 3.5. I am not dumb as you think I am. I can pull out more credentials if you want me to. 

3. Metacritic is another site where they only collect professional critics and it has a 50. Although not anything to scream about, 10 professional critics (out of around 24) actually liked it with another 11 giving it a mixed review. There are rarely any negative reviews on this film, negative meaning strong dislike. But in the end, as one critic pointed out, these films are critic proof. People (fans) will watch them no matter what the critics say. 

4. The picture was meant to be a humorous joke not to be taken seriously if you actually read through his post.

5. There are no fanboys on RT. If there were, RT would lose their credibility. As stated before, it's not as if anyone can post their review up there. Be practical. Go to RT right now and look through the reviews for FD5. There are no horror movie bloggers in sight.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:40pm
1. I wouldn't count websites devoted to horror movies as creditable sources on par with those of Roger Ebert and other PROFESSIONAL critics. It's like a comic book website giving A+ and 5 stars to every comic book movie out there, kinda bias don't you think? However, when the goal is just to have an "fresh" RT rating, I guess you have to take whatever you can.
2. I'm sure you are book smart, but it would appear you're not considered to be street smart or people smart by many members here, including HeadRazz, whose latest replies to you hint he has grown tiresome of you.
3. That's all well and good, but it seems you are transfixed on RT's reviews. And yes, these movies are for fans and not critics, so I don't see the point of arguing over the RT's reviews, as REAL critics are not fans.
4. There's also ther gee-whiz nickname he has given to you, and the time he mocked you posting video more than once just because no one was replying to it (which was also called out by other members). Again, not the highest form of flattery.
5. See #1.

In the end, you get what you want, which is this franchise not ending, even though many believe it has run its course. But we are living in a time where all movie franchises are rehashed, rebooted, and remade well into a dozen installments, so this is nothing new. And besides, horror movies don't seem to get much love from the Razzie anyway, as they are just too easy a target, like fish in a barrel.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:47pm
1. I'll just end it at this. There is a total of 2 reviews for FD5 that came from horror sites. That is not a lot. These two critics also gave negative reviews to films such as Case 39, The Rite, My Soul to Take, and Season of the Witch (among others). 

2. Contrary to popular belief, I am capable of watching and liking films such as The Red Shoes, The Wicker Man (1973), All About Eve, The Killing, Peeping Tom, Sunset Blvd, Mulholland Dr, Star Wars (the original trilogy), among others. I just don't discuss those films here.

I think the franchise has come to an end. After 2 weeks, this film has already dropped out of the top 10, grossing the least of the series.  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:56pm
1. Frankly, I don't care about this movie, whether it gets 60% or 6%, what you think of it or what critics think of it. I'm just feeling this forum out and seeing what everyone's opinions and relationships are like. I'm just trying to get into discussions. 

2. Then you should probably discuss those movies, rather than defending the ones that are targeted by the Razzies, because it makes you look like a poor judge of movies, which seems to be the popular opinion around here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 6:58pm
Responding to SuperTeenTopia:

1. Welcome to the Forum! Big smile 

2. I try to be as on topic as I can.

Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

1. Frankly, I don't care about this movie, if it gets 60% or 6%, what you think of it or what critics think of it. I'm just feeling this forum out and seeing what everyone's opinions and relationships are like. I'm just trying to get into discussions.
2. Then you should probably discuss those movies, rather than defending the ones that are targeted by the Razzies, because it makes you look like a poor judge of movies, which seems to be the popular opinion here.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:09pm
And I thought E.T. for the Atari 2600 was the worst game ever invented.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:25pm
1. Cool. 2. You might want to throw in a mentioning of a good movie by comparison to balance it out.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 3:44pm
It's officially fresh on RT!

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:12pm
Wow ... all it takes is one or two negative reviews and it will be right back to being rotten again. But I'm sure you're too busy orgasming to think about that.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:13pm

^Yep, perfect likeness of MWG!^
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:16pm
Responding to MWG: 

2. I'll believe that when I see a scanned photo of your report cards. If your debates and posts are as half-assed and illogical as your essays, this must be a college of low standards.

5. Yeah is it, it's littered with bloggers who are not real critics, just horror movie fanboys like yourself with no taste. Actually follow the links to the review and many are horror movie sites. We're suppose to take the word of Bloody Disguesting? And just because these sites give one or two bad reviews to a horror movie every now and then, that doesn't mean they still have street credit.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

2. I highly doubt 2 people is considered a "wide opinion." I am not a child. I go to college with A's and (unfortunately) some B's. I have a GPA higher than 3.5. I am not dumb as you think I am. I can pull out more credentials if you want me to.
5. There are no fanboys on RT. If there were, RT would lose their credibility. As stated before, it's not as if anyone can post their review up there. Be practical. Go to RT right now and look through the reviews for FD5. There are no horror movie bloggers in sight.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 5:20pm
MWG" The more times you make that claim, the more I think you're just randomly picking names of movies off the top of your head in order to come cross like you know what you're talking about. But you clearly don't if you can't even realize that defending Razzie worthy movies makes you look like an Armond White clone who has no taste. For a guy who claims to have a 3.5 GPA, you MIGHT have knowledge in a controlled classroom, but out in society and in social interactions, you have zero common sense or logic. 

Originally posted by moviewizguy

2. Contrary to popular belief, I am capable of watching and liking films such as The Red Shoes, The Wicker Man (1973), All About Eve, The Killing, Peeping Tom, Sunset Blvd, Mulholland Dr, Star Wars (the original trilogy), among others. I just don't discuss those films here.
buddy View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 12:03pm
I do not want to get too involved in this discussion as it seems to me that neither side will budge from their opinions. Just to point out I have not liked the Final Destination movies thus far but have not seen FD5 yet. I just find it interesting how the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are either manipulated, respected or ignored by people here to suit their own agenda. If one likes a movie and it gets a good score then the critics are professionals who know what they are doing. If one does not like a movie and it gets a good score then the critics are biased and obviously wrong. Things are always twisted to suit people's own opinions. It is rather annoying in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>