Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > A HAUNTED HOUSE #2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of HAUNTED HOUSE #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of HAUNTED HOUSE #2
    Posted: April 14 2014 at 8:08am

THE ORIGINAL HAUNTED HOUSE WAS a LARGELY HARMLESS (THOUGH ADMITTEDLY ALSO WITLESS) RIFF on "FOUND FOOTAGE" MOVIE CLICHES. IT WAS ROUNDLY DRUBBED by CRITICS (R.T. LINK) BUT IT (MOSTLY) ESCAPED RAZZIE® WRATH BECAUSE IT MADE sh*t-LOADS of MONEY (B.O. MOJO LINK) and on THAT ONE CRITERIA for OUR CONSIDERATION, #1 WAS ARGUABLY NOT as JUICY a TARGET AS ITS SIMILAR FELLOW 2013 HORROR SPOOF SCARY MOVIE 5

THE ONE RAZZIE® NOMINATION the FIRST HAUNTED HOUSE DID GET WAS for NICK SWARDSON as WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR (HE WAS JOINTLY NOMINATED for BOTH IT and GROWN-UPS #2). 

THIS TIME, MULTIPLE RAZZIE® "WINNER" MARLON WAYANS, CEDRIC the ENTERTAINER, ESSENCE ATKINS and OTHERS ARE BACK (BUT SWARDSON IS NOT!). THE JOKES in the PROMOs for #2 ARE EVEN MORE FOCUSED on the KIND of POO-POO/PEE-PEE/FART and SEX JOKES MOST of US STOPPED LAUGHING AT by the TIME WE WERE 11...and the WHOLE PROJECT REEKS of BEING from the "LET'S MAKE ANOTHER FAST BUCK" SCHOOL of MOVIE-MAKING. 

AFTER a DROUGHT of OBVIOUS RAZZIE® CONTENDERS for the LAST SEVERAL WEEKS, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'VE FINALLY GOT a POTENTIAL SHOO-IN for MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS, AMONG THEM WORST REMAKE/RIP-OFF/SEQUEL... 

NOW ITz YER TURN to TAKE a BASEBALL BAT to WHAT SHOULD BE ONE of 2014's DIMMEST BULB MOVIES...

ENJOY!

FOR MORE INFO, HERE's the LINK to OUR MAIN FORUM PAGE on HAUNTED HOUSE #2...

...and HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR FOTO FUNNY on IT.

P.S. WE LOVE ONE of THIS FILM's TAGLINES: "NEW HOUSE...SAME sh*t" (BUT NOT for the REASONS the FILM-MAKERS INTENDED)!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 9:16am
I think Vits would beg to differ on the "harmless" part.

Nick Swardson, however, is one of the cast members that DID NOT return. I think someone else took his place. I could see it having multiple nominations, but it could be overshadowed by movies like, say, Transformers 4.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 10:29am
I did think that A HAUNTED HOUSE PART 1 was worse than SCARY MOVIE PART 5. But which one of them was more "harmful"? That's a tough one!  

It's true that Nick Swardson isn't in this one. Marlon Wayans, Essence Atkins and Cedric the Entertainer are all back. They've also added AWKWARD's Ashley Rickards*, and, Jaime Pressly and Missi Pyle, two talented actresses who have had more misses than hit movies.  

Most of the posters of these two movies are parodies of other movie posters. However, the 1st installment didn't parody SINISTER, THE LAST EXORCISM PART II, etc. So far, I've only seen a couple of posters which parody THE CONJURING. I hope they don't lie to us again.

*I don't watch it, but some TV critics have said she deserves Emmy consideration.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2014 at 10:38am
Gabriel Iglesias is in this too, and apparently, my girlfriend knows him as "The Fluffy Man," and might go see the movie just to see what he does in it. The guy also did a voice for The Nut Job. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: My 18-year-old son is also a fan of Iglesias who, as a stand-up comic, I find both talented and genuinely funny. I only hope his association with this film won't damage the reputation he's earned up 'till now... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2014 at 7:14pm
I'm a little late saying this, but thank you for taking notice and correcting the mistake, HeadRAZZ.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 12:37am
A Haunted House was better than Scary Movie 5.  Let's face it - AHH stuck to its parody of found footage, while SM5 added a Black Swan parody and pool cleaners and vacuum cleaners partying and even had a parody of Mama - not that anybody would have noticed, since next to nobody saw Mama.  So, just on the single point of avoiding the "more is better" wrongheadedness of SM5, AHH was a better movie.

I'll go two more farther.  AHH was better than SC3 and SC4 as well.  

Please understand, though, that by saying AHH was better than SC3, SC4 and SC5, I'm not saying that AHH was good.  It reeked.  I guess I'm saying that horse apples are "better" than elephant dung. . . .

We'll see where AHH2 falls into all of this.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2014 at 11:45am
You have a point, Cvcjr13*. I mean, if you wanna make fun of several genres, go ahead. But don't come up with a misleading title. I'm not talking about the SCARY MOVIE franchise because the first 2 movies were all about horror movies and only started to make fun of other popular movies due to studio pressure. Since then, every movie with a similar title has tried to cash in but using the same formula as SCARY MOVIE PARTS 3-5. That's why EPIC MOVIE and DISASTER MOVIE aren't really about epic movies and disaster movies.

*I've been meaning to ask: What does your Forum User Name mean? 
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2014 at 5:07am
I'll let you figure that out.  Let's just say my friends know what it means at a glance.
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:59am
I saw it at last!
What about ... the devil and paroxysmal perseverance of parody movie, has struck again! 

There will be the third film? Yes, it is sure that they will do it.
Shall we consider, for the future, an award for the Worst Movie Saga of the Decade ?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 9:01am
The problem is that, unless it's based on a book series or something like that, we can't know for sure which installment will be the last one in a saga.
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Vits

The problem is that, unless it's based on a book series or something like that, we can't know for sure which installment will be the last one in a saga.

I admit, mine is a proposal based on uncertain data, for now, is a mere possibility. 
We can not yet know whether the "creativity" of the screenwriters of this movie series  is already "sold out"  or if  it will continue forever!

But, I'm almost certain that this new series of films, given the circumstances,  results, etc, however it will not have a very long life, which is why I put forward this idea.

Only in 2019, when we will have to make a balance of the decade , we will be able to verify if that was a real accomplished  saga in the true sense of the word or not.

Whether it's a saga , it's clear,  the point is this, to sum up, we see how far they arrive with this series , if they will stop before or after the year 2019. 

And only , in the first case...  
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 7:11pm
I just saw this "spoof" on DVD. After watching it I was glad I did not endure it when it was on the big screen. Now for the list of potential Razzie nominations: 

Worst Picture. 

Worst Actor. Marlon Wayans gives his usual irritating onscreen presence. His over-acting definitely not comical. 

Worst Supporting Actress. Jaime Pressly. She was not as annoying as Marlon Wayans. However her performance was bland and was not funny at all. 

Worst Supporting Actor. Cedric the Entertainer. He did not add anything to this movie, except stupidity. 

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel. 

Worst Director. Michael Tiddes. He allowed the scenes to be over-stretched. This has resulted in the movie's "humor" to be heavily diluted. 

Worst Screenplay. Marlon Wayans and Rick Alvarez. There is very little wit to be found. Mostly there is just lame, toilet humor which plays out too long. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 7:21pm
But Dun-lda, Pain and Gain was directed by Michael Bay and didn't get nominated for any razzies. So..............what's with the below comment?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2014 at 9:45pm
I just watched this. It's less than 90 minutes, but it feels longer than Shoah. It also had less laughs than Shoah. Grade: F

Worst Picture
Worst Actor for Marlon Wayans
Worst Screenplay
Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel

Now, for something kind of different: when I list what I want the film nominated for, I only list them in categories that I feel they're among the 12 worst of the year in. However, there are terrible aspects of this film that aren't among the 12 worst of the year that I feel should be noted. So, here's ancillary nominations for this film:

Worst Director
Worst Actress for Jaime Pressley
Worst Supporting Actor for Gabriel Iglesias (also for The Nut Job)
Worst Supporting Actress for Essence Atkins and Ashley Rickards
Worst Screen Combo for the entire cast
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2014 at 6:53am
I am a little surprised that you think Gabriel is worse than Cedric, but that is your opinion.

How would you compare this to Amazing Spider-Man 2?

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2014 at 8:05am
A Haunted House 2 currently ranks as the 5th worst movie this year.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>