Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > HERCULES, THE INSTANT REMAKE!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of HERCULES 2 - DEJA VU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of HERCULES 2 - DEJA VU
    Posted: July 19 2014 at 11:45am

OFFICIAL FORUM DISCUSSION 

IT STARS 2005 WORST ACTOR NOMINEE DWAYNE ("THE ROCK") JOHNSON (IMDb LINK)... 

IT's BEING RELEASED BARELY 6 MONTHS AFTER the OTHER (HILARIOUS) 2014 HERCULES MOVIE CAME OUT... 

...IT WAS HELMED by ONE of the 13 PEOPLE WHO "WON" LAST YEAR's WORST DIRECTOR RAZZIE for MOVIE 43 (LINK)...

....BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT DOESN'T TAKES ITSELF TOO SERIOUSLY, SO IT's DEBATABLE IF THIS ONE's BAD ENOUGH to DESERVE RAZZIE® ATTENTION. 

IF YOU GIZE SAY IT's a CONTENDER, HERE's an IDEA (JUST OFF the TOP of OUR HEAD): HOW ABOUT WE NOMINATE BOTH THIS and the KELLAN LUTZ/WHATTA PUTZ VERSIONS of HERCULES JOINTLY as WORST PICTURE??  

FEEL FREE to DISCUSS at LENGTH BELOW... 

FOR MORE INFO, HERE's the LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on THIS "INSTANT REMAKE"... 

---and JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR FOTO FUNNY for IT.  

HERE's HOPING THIS ONE's AT LEAST HALF AS FUNNY as THAT EARLIER HERCULES MOVIE, IF SO, IT'LL BE 
a LAFF RIOT!! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 12:44pm
But they were not made by the same people, so it wouldn't make as much sense.

Also, you forgot to mention that this film's director is Brett Ratner, who previously directed...

MOVIE 43!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Although I did not specifically name Rattner, I did mention that he is one of "The RAZZIE® 13" who infamously "Co-won" our 2013 Worst Director award...

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 12:50pm
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 4:54pm
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 5:30pm
I think that this should automatically receive a Razzie Nomination for Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off, or Sequel... for Worst Rip-Off of Steve Moore's Good Name 
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2014 at 9:10pm
I was astonished at how forgiving the reviews were. The reviews tended to focus on the best elements Brett Ratner could bring to the table from behind the camera, and the idea of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as an ancient Greco-Roman warrior, and all the best things that could come from that, and to offset everything the film can't boast, it must have at least delivered in a basic manner to get a B- in the approval rating. It's a little different at Metacritic, however. There, Ratner's Hercules has 11 average reviews, 5 below C-, and only 4 above C+. Compared to other contenders for the RAZZIES, and especially compared to The Legend of Hercules, Brett Ratner's Hercules doesn't stand out. If there's a proposition in the air to jointly nominate TLoH and Ratner's for Worst Picture, I vote NO. We should only nominate Harlin's and Lutz's The Legend of Hercules for our awards.
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2014 at 11:03pm
I honestly don't see much Razzie Potential with this version of Hercules. It just seems like a one of those typical Dwayne Johnson movies that are fun/bad rather than painfully awful.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2014 at 1:40pm
Kellam Lutz's "acting" makes Dwayne Johnson's look like Olivier.
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 10:30am
I have to admit, reading that Steve Moore got the usual Hollywood screw-over, and then had his death capitalized on by the very people who screwed him over, really sticks in my craw.

However, this movie itself doesn't appear to be bad enough for consideration, let alone as bad as The Legend Of Hercules was.  

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2014 at 1:29pm
Who are you? 
LoinclotHercules!!! LOL

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2014 at 2:45am
The Rock in an interview said : "This is the new movie Gladiator, it will keep you glued to the chair."
Of course, the important thing is to be convinced, Dwayne! 

Possible nominations?
Worst Actor: Dwayne "The Rock"  Johnson    

Worst Supporting ActressIrina Shayk  (She just smiles like those children who smile during the Christmas show looking at the parents sitting in the audience)

Worst ScreenplayRyan Condal  and Evan Spiliotopoulos (although yes, I know, it's based on a graphic novel, the film is hasty in the first part, it 's so slow in development and only the conclusion acquires depth and for an action movie, this discontinuity, these drops of  "pressure" can't possibly be good!) 

Despite some serious flaws in the rhythm,  I have no one else to blame the director Brett Ratner: for example, action scenes are designed with wisdom and "job".
That's why he's safe! In this particular  "case", for me it's enough!
 Post Reply Post Reply