Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > THE LONE RANGER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of LONE RANGER (2013)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of LONE RANGER (2013)
    Posted: July 01 2013 at 10:13am
"Someone needs to drag this thing out behind the barn and put a silver bullet in its brain. It's the only kindness this movie deserves".

-Drew McWeeny, HitFix
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2013 at 6:31pm
Despicable Me 2 will likely beat this out for the number 1 spot this weekend...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2013 at 6:41pm
According to this, the comparisons between this movie and WILD, WILD WEST are deserving.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 5:54am
I had said earlier that Armie Hammer has nowhere to go but up when compared to Klinton Spillsbury. But I may be wrong. 

BTW, he's going to play Illya Kuryakin in the upcoming Man From U.N.C.L.E. remake, with Henry "Superman" Cavill as Napoleon Solo. 

AW sh*t -- THERE GOES ANOTHER CHERISHED MEMORY. APOLOGIES TO BOB VAUGHN AND DAVID McCALLUM Cry 

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 2:56pm
R.T. (20-25%): "Hammer & Depp make for an appealing pair of leads, but they're not enough to make up for the film's bland script, bloated length, and blaring action overkill".
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2013 at 3:15pm
Lone Ranger has a definite nomination for Worst Remake, Rip off or Sequel. I can feel it with my Razzie Powers
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 7:07am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: One of the front page items in the L.A. Times on this film's opening day was an extensive (and not exactly flattering) article discussing the "gamble" and "risk" Dizz-Knee took in making the film. A fascinating look behind-the-scenes at the studio that gave us JOHN CARTER (and lived to regret it) the article is a must-read for anyone hoping to understand how modern Hollywood works (or doesn't!)...  

Here's the LINK to read it for yourself...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 10:11am
I was really hoping Hollywood was done with making movies out of old TV Shows nobody really remembered or watched. I dread the day when they decide to make a "Honey Mooners" movie
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 10:53am
MovieCritic1994: They already did make a HONEY MOONERS movie: 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 10:57am
Are you F***ing kidding me? I had no idea this movie even existed. By the IMDB rating, it could've been one of ours
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 5:19pm

Okay, I saw Lone Ranger at the Northgate theater in Hixson Tennessee. I am not here to give a review, but what I will tell you is this: The theater had nearly all of their workers dressed in Lone Ranger hats, badges, and masks. They even had a guy dressed as the movie's Tonto shake hands with people near the start of the movie.

The screening I was at was PACKED, and almost the whole crowd seemed to enjoy it. I do not know what you guys will make of this.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 6:09pm
Good... God... Oiram, so glad I wasn't you at the time.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2013 at 6:35pm
Oiram, what counts is what the majority thinks. If an entire audience liked a movie, cool. If it's the only theatre where that happened, cool.
Originally posted by oiram

I am not here to give a review
Why not?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 12:19am
I'm thinking it should either be a Worst Supporting Actor (for Johnny Depp) or Worst Remake or Rip-Off finalist. It's down to a 4 out of 20 approval rating, which is a D minus.

To oiram: I could understand that happening in a state like Tennessee. The North probably would be just as unenthusiastic as most of the pro critics.

To moviecritic1994: Speaking of which, there was a list of eligible contenders for 2005, the first year in which this forum existed. 40 - 50 films were highlit as likely contenders, and The Honeymooners [remake] was one of them. And because it starred Cedric the Entertainer, it beat The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl to the position of Worst New Movie of the Weak of June 10, 2005. It was later named to the Bottom 40 Films of 2005 at #33.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 6:46am
Johnny Depp got more screentime than Armie Hammer, and that is all I'll say for now.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 11:54am
Wouldn't the fact that Depp got top billing, mean that he would be listed as Worst Actor, not Worst Supporting Actor?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Depp's billing, and his total screen time, would both suggest that he should indeed be a Worst Actor contender, rather than being listed in the Supporting Actor category. One of the most frequent complaints in reviews has been that Depp's character of Tonto, essentially a secondary/supporting character in every previous version of RANGER, has been inexplicably elevated to main character status...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>