Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > THE LONE RANGER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of LONE RANGER (2013)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of LONE RANGER (2013)
    Posted: September 29 2013 at 9:11am
The scenes from other Westerns didn't feel like homages to me; they felt like lazy rip-offs. Even with that in mind, the "homage" to The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is blatant thievery.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
travis112096 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 5:49pm
I think armie hammer should be considered as worst supporting actor
Lydell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lydell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 12:33pm
Mad Movies, french magazine of excellent repute that covers fantasy, horror and science-fiction cinema, lists The Lone Ranger as 6th in their top 10 best movies of 2013. They can hardly be seen as Depp or Disney fanboys, on the contrary. I do agree with them on that. The only reason it should have its place in the Razzies would be because of how many people disliked it. Surely not for its lack of qualities.
Lydell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lydell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 1:03pm
What Hammer said about how critics bashed the movie not for what's in it but for how it was made... If you believe that makes him an idiot, I challenge you to go to Rotten Tomatoes and read all the critics and find me one where the movie is bashed on purely for its lack of cinematic qualities, such as the directing, the filming, the cinematography, the choreography of action scenes, the plot,... I won't hold my breath, though -- cause I failed to find any.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer are also idiots.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 2:02pm
This negative review didn't mention the production woes or budget. Nether did this one. Or this one. Or this one. Or this one.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 2:12pm
People disliked it because of its lack of qualities. It has good special effects, but that's not enough.
Originally posted by Lydell

The only reason it should have its place in the Razzies would be because of how many people disliked it. Surely not for its lack of qualities.

It's not uncommon for critics to mention the history of how the movie got made. But it's not to be mean or to show that they've been ready to give it a bad review. They simply state facts. That's also why they describe the premise of the movie and mention which character is played by which actor (even though anyone can read those things anywhere else). Most of the reviews for ENOUGH SAID mentioned Gandolfini's death.
Originally posted by Lydell

I challenge you to go to Rotten Tomatoes and read all the critics and find me one where the movie is bashed on purely for its lack of cinematic qualities, such as the directing, the filming, the cinematography, the choreography of action scenes, the plot,... I won't hold my breath, though -- cause I failed to find any.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Lydell View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lydell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2014 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This negative review didn't mention the production woes or budget. Nether did this one. Or this one. Or this one. Or this one.

Still don't see much actual movie critic in those other than a general "I found the story silly." Which falls a bit short for a critic.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2014 at 2:06pm
My comment (skip to 02:40):

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345