Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > LEGEND OF HERCULES in 3-D
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D
    Posted: January 03 2014 at 6:48pm
OFFICIAL RAZZIE® FORUM DISCUSSION

WE GOTTA ADMIT, the TRAILER LINKED ABOVE IS OUR BERRY FAVORITE DUMB-
 LOOKING MOVIE PROMO in MANY a MOON...WATCH IT, and SEE IF YOU DON'T 
 AGREE. 

THAT TRAILER ALONE OUGHTA BE ENOUGH to STIMULATE THIS DISCUSSION...
IF NOT, WE MAY COME BACK LATER and ADD a CHOICE INSULT or TWO.

FOR THOSE WONDERING HOW a HERCULES MOVIE COULD EVEN GET MADE 
in 2014, HERE's a LINK to OUR FORUM INFO PAGE ON IT...  

...and to SET YOU INTO UNCHAINED GALES of LAUGHTER, HERE's the LINK 
to CHECK OUT OUR FOTO FUNNY for THIS FILM. 

ENJOY!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 6:59pm
Yeah, this movie looks undeniably dreadful -- like a movie made by Asylum, except with a much bigger budget. At one point in the trailer, you can clearly see a sword missed someone, but they still act like they got hit!  

What more can we expect from our second most Razzie nominated director, Renny Harlin*?

Now here's a question for the ages: Who is the worse Hercules? Kellan "I apparently am now dating Miley Cyrus" Lutz, or 1983 Razzie "winner" Lou Ferrigno?

*At this point in time, Harlin is tied with Michael Bay...and they are both behind Brian De Palma. 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 7:29pm
At one point in Lou Ferrigno's Hercules movie this scene happened. So yeah, Lutz is definitely the worse Hercules.

Also, another film from my "least anticipated" list got a Razzie Forum. YAY!

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2014 at 8:38pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The Lou Ferrigno version of HERCULES (IMDb LINK) was nominated for five 1983 RAZZIES® including Worst Picture (LINK) but "won" only 2 of them (Worst Supporting Actress for Sybil Danning and Worst New Star for Lou). It was written and directed by Luigi Cozzi, whose name was "Americanized" into "Lewis Coates" for Cannon FIlms' U.S. ad campaign.

It's alwaze been one of my personal favorite cheesebag movies of its era -- Here's the trailer for it...ENJOY! 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 4:49am
Hmmm...

Maybe I will check out that Lou Ferrigno movie.

Also, you should check out this incredibly long video, which talks about January movies, including Hercules, and at 15:54 - 17:05, they talk about two particular shots in the trailer that can let you know not only will this movie stink, but also most action movies as well if they use them:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 1:28pm
Say what you want about the TWILIGHT movies not deserving All those "Favorite Movie" awards. But that's nothing compared to Kellan Lutz winning the Teen Choice Award for Choice Scene Stealer 3 times (even though he had like 2 or 3 lines in each movie). Aside from Lutz, the only other "famous" actor in this movie (and he's not that famous) is Johnathon Schaech (THAT THING YOU DO!; PROM NIGHT). 

The only positive thing I can say about this (until I watch it, because I might like it) is that HERCULES is a character that you can always give a new point of view. That's why there have been so many movies about him (there'll be two this year). By the way, is this movie be considered a remake because of that?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:11pm
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: YES! Any time something is a remake of an actual RAZZIE® "winner," it has a "leg up" in the Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel stakes. And the fact that this one is a remake of not only the 1983 Lou Ferrigno movie, but also has ancestral ties to all those cheezy 1960s Steve Reeves HERCULES movies (IMDb LINK) means it's all but guaranteed to make the short list a year from now.

Having been released in January means it may not even be remembered by our 35th Annual RAZZIE
® voters, but since the movie is every bit as laugh-filled as the trailer atop this page, I certainly won't have any trouble recalling it come year's end...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:28pm
HeadRAZZ, don't forget, Renny Harlin directed (and co-wrote) this, so people may not forget it. Also, Kellan will be in the third Expendables movie. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:44pm
And Lutz has that really bad-looking Tarzan movie this year as well. 

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 3:53pm
Yes, but as far as I know, that motion-capture Tarzan does not have a USA release date, and that is crucial to be eligible for the Razzies.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 4:10pm
I remember seeing a US release date for Tarzan somewhere, but it's not on IMDb.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 5:11pm
What about Deez-knee's '90s version?
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

YES! Any time something is a remake of an actual RAZZIE® "winner," it has a "leg up" in the Worst Remake/Rip-Off/Sequel stakes. And the fact that this one is a remake of not only the 1983 Lou Ferrigno movie, but also has ancestral ties to all those cheezy 1960s Steve Reeves HERCULES movies (IMDb LINK) means it's all but guaranteed to make the short list a year from now. Having been released in January means it may not even be remembered by our 35th Annual RAZZIE® voters, but if the movie is anything like the laugh-filled trailer atop this page, I certainly won't have any trouble recalling it come year's end...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 7:04pm
As of right now, this movie looks not only remarkably cheap but really not needed. This film doesn't even look like the story of Hercules, it looks like a Rip off of 300. I must also add this film looks more like a Teen Romance film than actual movie about the Myth of Hercules.

Usually with January releases, I pay no real attention because that month is more like Garbage Disposal Month. Still there's something about this movie that says it will be a Razzie revered title. [
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2014 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

There's something about this movie that says it will be a Razzie revered title. [

Yeah, Renny Harlin!

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 5:28pm
I just looked up Renny Harlin because I had no idea who he was. So I looked him up... wow the same guy that gave us one of those Terrible ELm Street sequels along with Cutthroat Island? WOW... I had no idea this director was a Razzie repeat offender.
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2014 at 5:31pm
The Nightmare On Elm Street sequel he directed is actually one of the less bad ones. It sucks, but it's nowhere near the abomination that 2, 5, and 6 were.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>