Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > LEGEND OF HERCULES in 3-D
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of LEGEND of HERCULES in 3-D
    Posted: January 15 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by moviecritic1994

OH Yes! King Fake Beard how can I forget about him

Also WORST SCREEN COUPLE! The King and his "Beard" Dead
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2014 at 9:15pm
JoeBacon & moviecritic1994 -- I'm certain that you two will (like) this review of the film: LINK...

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 2:33pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Kellan Lutz.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Scott Adkins and Jared Leto Liam Garrigan.
-Worst Screen Combo for the entire cast.
-Worst Director.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Visual Effects.
-Worst Remake/Rip-Off.
-Most Flatulent Teen-Targeted Movie.
-Worst Picture.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 2:34pm
Does Liam Garrigan look like Jared Leto?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2014 at 2:40pm
Scott: Go back to making films that only have you kicking people's a***s (the thing you're best at)!  

Originally posted by Vits

I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for Scott Adkins

"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2014 at 10:00am
He does to me. Is it just me?
Originally posted by oiram

Does Liam Garrigan look like Jared Leto?

LOL
Originally posted by jesse685

Scott, go back to making films that only have you kicking people's a***s (the thing he's best at).
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 7:54am
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2014 at 11:00am
If Johnson's HERCULES ends up being worse than this one, then I (and I hope the rest of the world) will laugh at him.
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 7:29pm
So when this movie gets nominated for Worst Rip-Off (and you know it will), which movie should it be listed as ripping off:

A) 300
B) Gladiator
C) Ben-Hur
D) all of the above
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2014 at 8:03pm
It will probably be listed as a Rip-Off of Hercules (1982)
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2014 at 12:41am
Originally posted by ItStinks!

So when this movie gets nominated for Worst Rip-Off (and you know it will), which movie should it be listed as ripping off:

A) 300
B) Gladiator
C) Ben-Hur
D) all of the above

While reading through the various comments, I was wondering if someone was going to list those three movies.  I don't believe I saw a single new idea in the entire movie.  Even the sword-turned-lightning whip was stolen from the Iron Man villain Ivan Vanko/Whiplash.  Even the beginning scene where Fakebeard takes on the head of the army for the whole Starbucks cappuccino was ripped off from Troy.  

As a challenge, can anyone name which tLoH scene ripped off the last scene of Live Free and Die Hard?  

Unlike the Ferrigno movie of which every clip I've seen made me laugh because it was so bad, The Legend of Hercules made me waste 90 minutes of my life.  Nothing to laugh at, nothing to cringe about how bad it was, nothing to be particularly bored about, and nothing that was really good or interesting, it goes without saying.  

It wasn't even as cheesy as the Steve Reeves movies.

It was simply a total waste of time.  

This doesn't even get into the lame acting, the lame characters, the lame sets, the lame costumes, the lame special effects - I mean, showers instead of real looking rain?  Every time Zeus gets pissed off, we go to the showers?  

And please remember, if you ever see the curtains and drapes start flying every which way, to cover your privates. . . .

Comparing this to Kellan Lutz's previous movies, I'd say this was on par with the first two Twilights, not as "improved but still bad" as the last three Twilights.  Comparing this to last year's worst movie winner and nominees, this is as much a waste of time as After Earth, doesn't have the laughably bad scenes of The Lone Ranger, treats women as weak and useless but not as overtly sexist as Grown Ups 2, not as clumsily cobbled together as A Madea Christmas. . . but still, Movie 43 was far worse than this movie.  However, you only get a movie as bad as Movie 43 every so often. . . .

So, unless you're a Razzie member, please, don't see The Legend of Hercules.  Life is too short for such a total waste of time.

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2014 at 12:46am
Nominations - 
Worst Movie
Worst Director - Renny Harlin
Worst Actor - Kellan Lutz
Worst Supporting Actor - Scott Adkins
Worst Screen Couple - Scott Adkins and his fake beard. . . .
Worst Remake or Rip-Off - Not just Hercules, but so many other movies, starting with The Matrix. . . .
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 6:24pm
There's been dueling movies in the past. Armageddon V.S. Deep Impact. Dante's Peak V.S. Volcano. Antz V.S. A Bug's Life. However, there has been fewer lopsided* dueling movies than the two Hercules movies this year. The Dwayne Johnson Hercules is getting shockingly good reviews while The Legend Of Hercules is one of the worst movies of the year. The Legend Of Hercules is so bad, that it can only be done justice with a 9 worst things review.

9.) Gaia Weiss: Weiss gives what is easily the most forgettable performance of the year. I can't remember a damn thing about her performance. This would be one thing if she was a minor character, but she's the female lead and the second listed cast-member on Wikipedia and IMDb. She also kills one of the villains in a scene that, as cvcjr13 pointed out, rips-off Live Free Or Die Hard. I couldn't remember what she looks like if I didn't have her IMDb page open right now. I'll probably forget about her appearance by the end of this review. Where's Sybil Danning when you need her?

8.) The action scenes: For a movie about Hercules, the action scenes in this film f*cking suck. The directing and special effects are partially to blame (I'll get to both of these later) the main reason they're bad is how unoriginal they are. The scenes are either gonzo 300-type scenes or rip-offs of Gladiator.

7.) Roxanne McKee: McKee plays Hercules' mom. She is bad. Really bad. Almost as bad as she was in that deleted scene from Game Of Thrones.

6.) The script: The script is a hodgepodge of elements that were used to better effect in other movies. 300 and Gladiator are the main sources of unoriginality, but it rips-off a whole lot of other movies as cvcjr13 pointed out.

5.)The special effects: This movie cost $70 million to make! I'd understand the effects if the budget was $20 million or lower, but this cost twice as much as District 9 and that had much better special effects.

4.) Scott Adkins: Adkins plays the main villain of the film and Hercules' wicked step-father. Instead of being threatening, he's laughable. Mainly because of his fake beard.

3.) Liam Garrigan: As bad as Adkins is, at least I can laugh at his hilariously bad beard. With Garrigan, he's an annoying douche of a character. He's one of those characters that, in a better movie, would be killed off quickly. Because this isn't a better movie, he's a major character.

2.) Renny Harlin: Harlin has directed a lot of awful movies. For most directors, movies like Cliffhanger, Deep Blue Sea, Die Hard 2, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 would be lower down on the resume. For Harlin, those are his best movies! It's not his worst movie (that disgusting Exorcist prequel is), but it's still an awful movie.

1.) Kellan Lutz: When you think of Hercules, you think of a man's man. Someone like Dwayne Johnson. You don't think of a pretty boy wannabe like Kellan Lutz. Lutz is a horrendous actor. His main claim to fame is playing the vampire with the poor make-up job from Twilight. Whoever thought that he was Hercules material is clearly an idiot.

Two things about The Legend Of Hercules that prevents it from being the worst of the year: Fakebeard doesn't have a dubstep theme song and Will Smith never shows up as Hades! Grade: F

Next-up: Winter's Tale!!!

*The most lopsided dueling movies is easily Jurassic Park V.S. Carnosaur.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 7:03pm
Don't forget about Mirror Mirror vs. Snow White and The Huntsman.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2014 at 8:01pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123