Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > LEGENDS OF OZ - DOROTHY's RETURN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of LEGENDS OF OZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of LEGENDS OF OZ
    Posted: May 09 2014 at 8:54am
ANOTHER UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Curious as to how a single review could contain so many glowing comments as the 5 quotes from Ryan Jay of Premiere Radio Networks that were used in today's L.A. Times display ad for this movie (see post above) I Googled his name. Here's a LINK to his entire review of LEGENDS OF OZ -- Which reads more like a gushing fan letter than critical commentary...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2014 at 12:42pm

Apparently, it isn't doing too well at the Box Office -- it earned $980,000 this Friday while playing in more than 250000 theatres (and having a $70 million budget).   

Does this also means that its studio, Clarius Entertainment, really needs to have a hit with their upcoming And So It Goes, or may otherwise go bankrupt? That movie, to be honest, also doesn't look all that great, going by the first trailer...
Olif View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 10:05pm
In response to HeadRAZZberry's query above: Yes...Mr. Jay is indeed a legit film critic, being a fellow member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association. (Note: This writer is also a member of the BFCA!)

PS. No, I didn't see this flick -- and I have no intention to! 

I like Pixie Stix!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 5:54am
Yo Olif, how come you don't post too often?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 7:54am
Olif is obviously too busy being a critic. By the way, how can he choose which movies not to watch? I thought critics were assigned that?  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
ItStinks! View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ItStinks! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2014 at 6:50pm
We're not even at the year's halfway point, and already we have had 3 crappy animated films; The Nut Job [11%], Rio 2 [47%], and Legends of Oz [15%] (and oh, Boy, am I looking forward to Planes 2).  So here's the question: What has been the worst animated film of 2014 so far?

and don't you DARE say The LEGO Movie [96%]!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:19am
THE NUT JOB has a lower rating, but LEGENDS OF OZ seems like a more obvious contender.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 7:47am
I bet ya this is much funnier than anything this movie has to offer:

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 8:21am
Ok, I finally saw the whole movie ... 
The disturbing and sticky scaffolding made of chocolate, marshmallows, candies, wood, straw, tin, hair, magic, china, human skin and even chocolate, marshmallows, candies ....
A script that exceeds the limits of indecency to get to something divinely horrible! 
I believe seriously that they have conceived the film after an acid trip in who knows what part of the world, it really is the only possible solution ...! 
Except one thing: the use of colors and shades! 

"Off to RAZZ the Wizard!"  yeaaah our HeadRAZZBerry ... I will be at the forefront!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2014 at 12:15am
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
TitanicJackDawsonFan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TitanicJackDawsonFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 10:58am
My nominations for this film would include:

WORST PICTURE
WORST DIRECTOR
WORST SCREEN ENSEMBLE
WORST REMAKE, SEQUEL, RIP-OFF OR PREQUEL
WORST ACTRESS
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
WORST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 11:08am
Which actors, specifically?
TitanicJackDawsonFan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TitanicJackDawsonFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2014 at 11:48am
Lea Michele (Actress)
Bernadette Peters (Supporting Actress)
Dan Aykroyd (Supporting Actor)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12