Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > THE OTHER WOMAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of OTHER WOMAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of OTHER WOMAN
    Posted: April 24 2014 at 9:51am

THIS ONE HAS MULTIPLE "RAZZIE® PEDIGREES": 

IT ALREADY OPENED (and BOMBED!) in SEVERAL FOREIGN COUNTRIES... 

...and IT APPEARS NOT to HAVE ONE SINGLE ORIGINAL THOUGHT 
in ITS PRETTY, EMPTY HEAD. 

JUST for FUN, WHEN YOU POST YER THOUGHTS BELOW, 
TRY to INCLUDE at LEAST ONE OTHER "REVENGE CHICK-FLICK" 
from WHICH OTHER WOMAN RIPS OFF at LEAST ONE COMIC RIFF...
WE BET IT WON'T BE HARD to COME UP with LOTS of 'EM!  

...JUST for GIGGLES, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT OUR 
FOTO FUNNY on OTHER WOMAN...

...and HERE's the LINK for OUR FORUM INFO PAGE on IT
(Featuring Lynx to Read Reviews, Check Out Promos, 
See B.O. Grosses and Cetera)... 

ENJOY!  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 10:23am
Well, some people have said its like a "grown up" version of the Razzie nominated John Tucker Must Die.

I don't know if I am the only one notices this, but I think this might be Cameron Diaz's worst year. Besides this, she'll be in the Annie remake where she at least looks like the weak link of the movie, and Sex Tape, which was written by the same woman who previously wrote the almost Razzied The Back-Up Plan.

Also worthy of note is that Don Johnson apparently is in this movie, and he might be considered based on the fact that his daughter is getting some attention right now, and she is in Razzie consideration already for Need For Speed.

Finally, we have the live-action debut of Nicki Minaj, and this is probably the most obvious stunt casting since Kim Kardashian in Temptation. Even if she is not that bad, who is going to take her seriously after making songs like this? (Warning: Not Safe For Work):

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 10:30am
As I said a few days ago, I don't aproove of movies that use premises like this. Usually, when someone cheats it's because there are problems in the relationship. Adults are supposed to try to fix things. If they can't, get divorced. But playing childish games? You may think that I'm taking it too seriously but (since HeadRAZZ asked for examples) there are movies like TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME where the characters talk directly to the audience saying "Girls, this is what you have to do".

By the way, if Leslie Mann gets nominated for this, will it also be for RIO PART 2?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 10:31am
Well at least we know Nicki Minaj will probably get a Worst Supporting Actress nomination. It's pretty much a given when you're a Pop Star making your acting debut

It seems like this might be a bit of a Rip-Off of "The First Wives Club". There I did my duty
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 12:48pm
This is directed by John Cassavetes' son. Not since Chet Haze has there been such a drastic drop between the talents of a father and son.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 1:34pm
Since we are mentioning people involved in the movie, I should mention that Games of Thrones alumni Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and model Kate Upton, who was previously in the 2012 Three Stooges movie, are in this too.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 11:09pm
It's funny how Weekend Sunrise (a weekend version of a popular morning show here in Australia), in its own ads last weekend, labeled this as a "HIT" before it even opened in the U.S. 

Talk about dumb judgment! 
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 4:37pm
Nicki Minaj announced that she'll be acting in more movies after her positive experiences on "The Other Woman." She mentioned "X-Men" and "a Will Ferrell movie" as movies she could see herself doing. Here's a LINK to read the item...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2014 at 7:57pm
A lot of critics are saying that Minaj is the best part of this movie, so maybe that's a good thing?
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:21am
The fact that HeadBerry refers to KATE UPTON as a "stick figure"(!) proves how clueless he really is... #retirealready #soirrelevant
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 8:03am
When he referred to Kate Upton as a stick figure, I think he did to point out that her character was a stick figure, not Kate Herself. 

Also, who uses hashtags outside of social media?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:10am
That's a new trend. There even are songs whose titles include a hashtag.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 9:43am
I'm aware that it's a trend. A stupid, stupid, stupid trend that I want to see die.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 4:15pm
The movie will be released this Thursday here. However, tonight there's a pre-release. An uncle of mine entered a contest*, won and surprised me with tickets. So I'll go see it.

*You had to either send an e-mail or a Facebook message saying who the star of the movie was. Why did they make it so easy?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 8:04pm
And I'm back! For your consideration:
-Worst Supp. Actor for Taylor Kinney.
-Worst Supp. Actress and Worst New Star for Nicki Minaj.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst "Original" Song for I'M COMING OUT (THE OTHER WOMAN REMIX) by Keyshia Cole and Iggy Azalea.

Oh, and maybe Worst Picture. But not Worst Screen Combo for Cameron Diaz & Leslie Mann.

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:19am

That song is a "remake" of both of these -- WIKI LINK #1 and WIKI LINK #2

Also, what did Taylor Kinney play? I did not hear many people talk about him, nor do I think I have ever even heard of him before.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>