Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > THE OTHER WOMAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of OTHER WOMAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of OTHER WOMAN
    Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:20pm
Kinney played Leslie Mann's brother and Cameron Diaz's love interest (that's not a spoiler). He's known for CHICAGO FIRE.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 11:48pm
Here are my suggestions...

Worst Picture 

Worst Supporting Actress: 
Nicki Minaj. Her attempt at "acting" makes her look constipated. 
Kate Upton. Her performance is insipid. 

Worst Director: 
Nick Cassavetes. His directing "efforts" result in a slow-paced movie. A comedy needs to have a reasonably quick pace. Otherwise the humor is killed off. 

Worst Screenplay: 
Melissa Stack. Her script has too little humor to produce a decent amount of laughs. 

Worst Screen Combo:  
Kate Upton and Don Johnson. Upton's tedious performance makes this screen combination a bad one. 

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2014 at 11:40am
Top statement of the film, in my opinion: 
"Although Edith Piaf would rise and you would like to do with her a menage at trois , I would not care." (more or less, my friends) 

Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton: the three gRAZZes!

Nicki Minaj? That mass of plastic hair was her, then? Really? LOL

P.ost S.criptum : Kate Upton... Worst "Actress" of herself!

moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 8:19pm
Myr Review For: THE OTHER WOMAN (2014)

Okay.. I'll just say it: I hate this movie with the Passion. I really have no other words to describe how much "The Other Woman" annoyed me to no end. It's one of those movies that really just set back the female gender back like 50 years. The sad thing is almost half the cast is trying so hard to execute their flat characters well. However "The Other Woman is just a huge mess when it should've been a fun comedy.

Carly (Cameron Diaz) is going out with this guy who turns out is a huge cheater and liar. This guy just happens to be married to Kate (Leslie Mann) who also finds out about his affairs with not only Carly but also with Amber (Kate Upton). The three women hatch a scheme of revenge on this ass hat... and we have our movie. You know one of the biggest problems with this movie? Even within this film's realm of reality everything in it is a huge waste of Time! Kate can easily get a divorce and this movie would be over in like 20 minutes. Yeah there's this money scheme that pops out of nowhere but again that could've been solved in 10 minutes (which is exactly how much time it takes for it to be solved). This whole revenge thing doesn't have any real rhyme, reason or comedic payoff. So yes, this entire movie is literally a waste of time.

So how about our characters? Well... yeah they're pretty despicable and annoying too. They are all just stereotypical, clichéd and flat boards standing in for real people. However I will say almost every Actor or Actress tries to make their roles at least enjoyable. I feel so bad for both Leslie Mann and Kate Upton in particular. Leslie Mann plays a very annoying character very well (confusing I know). I guess I just admire her passion and dedication to a role that is horribly written. To be honest, Kate Upton is probably the "best" out of the three leads. Again there's not much to her character but she also looks like she's having fun. As for Cameron Diaz... she just phones it in. More than half the time, she just looks like a robot who's battery needs to be charged. She offers nothing to her character or to this movie as a whole. Another actress who could care less is Nicki MInaj as Carly's secretary Lydia. Man, she is freaking annoying here. Not only is the character annoying, but Minaj herself is pretty unbearable. She speaks in this awful voice that sounds like she was medicated before coming to the set. Granted she's only on screen for maybe 10 minutes but she's still a pain thanks to the way the character is written and Minaj's awful performance.

Just one question before I wrap up this review... How is anything in this movie empowering to Women? In fact, how is this empowering to ANYONE? There are a lot of people in general who like this movie because "it has a great message for women". Okay what is the message then? I actually find this movie incredibly sexist towards women. The three leads are never really empowered and have major problems with moving on from their experiences. This movie would've been better if this movie was about actual characters dealing with the actual pain from betrayal and heart break. But instead, these women pretty much sink themselves down to the cheating guy's level. That's not empowerment, these characters are destroying themselves. But of course the script romanticizes everything and sugar coats reality.

"The Other Woman" is beyond stupid, it's insultingly stupid and vapid. There is no real strength o love brought into this movie. The characters are boring, the writing is incredibly stupid, the acting is sub-par, the direction is sloppy and of course this film's message is botched right from the beginning all the way to the end. It could even be just as offensive as "Catwoman".

Possible Razzie Nominations:

Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel (Rip-off of "The First Wives Club")
Worst Supporting Actress- Nicki Minaj
Worst Director
Worst Screenplay
Worst Screen Couple- Cameron Diaz and Either Leslie Mann or Kate Upton
Worst Actress- Cameron Diaz
Worst Picture

If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 10:42am
Great review!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviecritic1994 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic1994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 5:49pm
Thanks VITS!
If you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky :)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 7:34pm
I just watched this. It's just barely better than The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and only because it's shorter. I did not laugh once during this Godforsaken piece of crap. I'd honestly rather watch Blended!!! Grade: F

Worst Picture
Worst Director
Worst Actress for Cameron Diaz
Worst Supporting Actor for The Kingslayer
Worst Supporting Actress for Kate Upton
Worst Screenplay
Worst Screen Combo for the entire cast
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:38pm
Dear SchumacherH8ter,

does this mean you'll write a review for The Other Woman I'm only asking because its so fun to read you trash a movie! Would you do 9 worst things? Please?! It'll help me prioritize what to vote for, if anything.

Don't take this as something to get a big ego over, but when you're ranting in your reviews its more fun to read than most critics whose job it is to actually critique them! I love your humor and keep it up!!!

Also, can I have the link to your Transcendence review?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:53pm
I'm not sure if I'll review it. I still have to review Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I have to get ready for Horror Movie Month 4.

My Transcendence review can be found here.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12