Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l Info / RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of RISE of APES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of RISE of APES
    Posted: July 27 2011 at 10:20am
GENTLEMEN (and LADIES)... 

START the POO-FLINGING!  

AND FOR the CURIOUS, HERE's a LINK to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's COMMENTS on RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 10:26am
It's really sad how Fox needs to constantly "reboot" every movie and franchise to which they own the rights... 

And it's even sadder that they've found a way to remake both Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Renny Harlin's Deep Blue Sea at the same time....  

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 1:47pm
Keep in mind that predictability isn't necessarily the kiss of death for a movie. Titanic did pretty well at the box office, and I don't think anyone in the theater was particularly shocked when the boat sank. 

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Another problem 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' has is the fact that it's going to be predictable as hell since, if you've seen the original, you know what's going to happen.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 2:01pm
Wait, the boat sinks?! STOP POSTING SPOILERS! How rude!!  

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Keep in mind that predictability isn't necessarily the kiss of death for a movie. Titanic did pretty well at the box office, and I don't think anyone in the theater was particularly shocked when the boat sank.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 3:08pm
I really don't know why prequels even exist. Really, what is the point? It's all just winking to the crowd "Oh, YOU know how this is all going to end, but we're going through the motions anyway!". Flashbacks are just so much better in giving backstory; "Godfather Part Two" being the best example, EVER.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 5:40pm
Yeah, I just hate them, all these reboots and remakes of such well-known classics. They just f**k them up so badly -- why not remake the bad movies to make them actually good?  

Next up on Fox's upcoming pile o' s**t: The Wolverine.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 6:28pm
Yet another reason to hope and pray for News Corp to go under thanks to their phone hacking scandal...  

Originally posted by jesse685

Next up on Fox's upcoming pile o' s**t: The Wolverine.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 6:49am
Hopefully this will bomb, then it will be: 

"Goodbye pointless reboots and remakes..."

"Adios overused PG-13 certificate..." 

"Hasta la vista 2 hour limit..." 

and 

"Bon voyage pandering to the lowest common denominator..."  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Nice thought...but I wouldn't start holding my breath just yet.  

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 4:21pm
Yeah, in order for all that to happen, every single movie that fits that description must bomb at the box office. I mean "Bangkok Dangerous $7 million opening weekend each and every time type of numbers." 

The chances of that happening are the same as you winning the PowerBall Lottery, while simultaneously striking oil in your own backyard.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 9:48pm
I think this movie looks good, although I've only seen the 2001remake (and not the 1968 original version) of Planet of the Apes.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 2:08pm
Why am I not surprised by that statement from MWG?  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I think this movie looks good, although I've only seen the 2001remake (and not the 1968 original version) of Planet of the Apes.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 5:07pm
Because I guess I'm easily predictable??
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2011 at 7:04pm
Bingo was his name-o.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 9:53am
First two reviews are in at RT, and they're both positive!  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 12:12pm
Really thought that this would be one of ours...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Two reviews hardly indicate a "trend." As we've seen repeatedly just in the past month, several titles have gone from "zero" approval ratings up to as high as 20% when more reviews came in (specifically SMURFS). Until RT assigns a "rating" to this film, I think any judgment as to its quality (or RAZZIE® eligibility) is premature...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2011 at 2:34pm
Yeah, we've seen this all before. The first 10 or so reviews are positive ... then the next 90 are negative. Can we all please stop saying that a movie is or is not "one of ours" based on anything less than 100 reviews!?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>