Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l Info / RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of RISE of APES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of RISE of APES
    Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:55pm
Here's the link for my buddy Mitch's review:

http://movieswithmitch.squarespace.com/reviews/2011/8/8/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-review.html
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 12:51pm
While I don't think it was as bad as you guys think, it definitely had MAJOR plot problems. You could say that James Franco's decision to leave his father at home unsupervised led to EVERY BAD THING IN THE MOVIE....which led to the first movie in 1968, which led to the sequels and the 2001 remake. Nice going, Franco!   
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 4:37pm
Yeah.And if he had told his family where he was going,he wouldn't have spend 127 hours trapped.LOL
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 8:24pm
Yeah, James Franco's characters make very poor life decisions.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:37am
Such as becoming the NEW GOBLIN,trying to pretend he was sensitive to get a girl while a guy did the same to his cousin,and...well,whatever JAMES DEAN did?But he's not always like that.He chose to deal marihuana only instead of pills.As for f*ck*ng Sean Penn...that's a grey area.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 7:08am
I just saw it.

When AVATAR was released,people were discussing if motion-capture performances should be elegible for Oscars. I didn't care for that debate, mainly because I didn't see anything special in the performances there. But here, Andy Serkis prooves we need to have a system to rate those performances, because he's excellent.And the directing (which reminded a lot of the SPIDER-MAN and the FX (which were kind of cheesy) were great.

While I had a good time watching this movie, I felt the payoff wasn't completely worth all the leading up. You see, the marketing made it look like the apes were gonna take over the planet,
movies) but instead they just run away to the forest. WTF?! Also, I didn't feel that it did justice to the franchise. You see, the original was about how all the major issues in our society would eventually destroy us. But this one focused on one theme only (animal rights), and it mixed it a little with how the X-MEN movies delt with discrimination. And the scene during the credits showed the disease spreading all over the world, and that disease was a result of the lab experiments which were a result of greed and maybe a little pride, but again that wasn't "major".

I give it 6/10.

I don't want it to be nominated for anything.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234