Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > SILENT HILL: REVELATION in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of SILENT HILL 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of SILENT HILL 3-D
    Posted: October 23 2012 at 9:38am
THIS ONE LOOKS LIKELY to BE the "SILENT...BUT DEADLY" TYPE... 

A WHOLLY UNNECESSARY (and PROBABLY UN-WELCOME) SEQUEL to a SIX-YEARS-AGO MEDIOCRE HORROR MOVIE, SILENT HILL: REVELATION HAS ONLY ONE THING GOING FOR IT -- AND IT's a MINOR THING at THAT: THIS ONE's in 3-D

ONCE YOU'VE COME DOWN from the RUSH of the UNIQUE CONCEPT of a 3-D HORROR SEQUEL (THERE HAVE, AFTER ALL, BEEN ONLY ABOUT 37 of THEM in the PAST YEAR) FEEL FREE to POST YER THOUGHTS, GRIPES and SUCH BELOW.

FOR FURTHER INFO on THE FILM, HERE's the LINK to OUR INFO PAGE ON IT (w/LINKS to REVIEWS, GROSSES, IMDb INFO and CETERA)...

AND, JUST for FUN, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT YE OLDE HEAD RAZZ-BERRY's FOTO FUNNY on IT... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 12:11pm
Ah yes. Another title that will certainly be added to the ever-growing pile of not scary, overdone, laughable (if we're lucky) 2012 horror movies... 

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 3:40pm
Wow! I mean... just... WOW! A sequel to SILENT HILL?! Do people even remember it?

I know nothing about the 1st film but the title. And I often confuse it with AMITYVILLE.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
TorgoForever View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TorgoForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2012 at 4:13pm
The sad thing is, the original Silent Hill games could be passed off as better horror movies than what we have here...  
In advance, I warn the world that I have lost my sanity to Turkish Star Wars. Be prepared...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2012 at 11:12am
This film currently holds a Tomatometer rating of 20%, but that's only based on 10 reviews.  By my numbers, this film may just miss the final cut in the Worst Prequel or Sequel category.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2012 at 3:26am
MiguelAntilsu: Actually, the Tomatometer on this has now laughably fallen below 10%.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2012 at 8:07am
Originally posted by jesse685

MiguelAntilsu: Actually, the Tomatometer on this has now laughably fallen below 10%.

And the concensus reads "Featuring weak characters, an incomprehensible plot, and a decided shortage of scares, the film is a mediocre effort... even by the standards of video game adaptations".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 27 2012 at 10:24am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2013 at 12:21pm
Diego Muńoz (1/5): "An attempt to exploit a known brand, which doesn't have much going on for it. Not for the fans nor the off-guard "tourists"".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2014 at 12:56pm
My comments on this and the 1st installment (skip to 03:49):

Post Reply Post Reply